Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin as a Retirement Account - page 18. (Read 22728 times)

tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
May 29, 2015, 05:17:12 PM
Bitcoin as a retirement account is very very risky but if you can afford a total loss you can try it. if Bitcoin will succeed you will really have a good retirement time  Grin
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
May 29, 2015, 06:35:51 AM
no employer would do that and 98% of employees wont accept it. also it depends highly on if the bitcoins will be extras on your salary or it will be cut in the salary.

the former is a total yes from employees but not from employers

the latter is a probable yes from employers but no from employee.
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1002
May 29, 2015, 06:29:59 AM
In this interesting video you can see how to save Bitcoins
for retirement:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mmt9JHmKss

Ey that is pretty cool idea of storing BTC safe.Thanks for that.Nice catch!

I already make a few cubes for me and my friends.
Its easy, cheap and fun  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
May 28, 2015, 12:37:43 PM
This would actually be good, but who is going to take such an initiative to get this thing going???
Bitcoins for retirement would be great, but either we would need Governments to get involved into this, or some really trustworthy authorities to take the responsibility to do so like the Bitcoin Foundation...

Nope. Why do we need government to get involved with this kind of things? They dont even care about what we are doing and how we earn bitcoin, if they involved in this I dont think you will really get your retirement payment, may be you need to pay every single thing that they mention so you will get all of you bitcoin and that is wasting your time. If you are really want a trustworthy you can use any escrow in this forum they will help you for sure in every payment
Activity: 324
Merit: 250
May 28, 2015, 11:51:53 AM
This would actually be good, but who is going to take such an initiative to get this thing going???
Bitcoins for retirement would be great, but either we would need Governments to get involved into this, or some really trustworthy authorities to take the responsibility to do so like the Bitcoin Foundation...

How the hell do you need governments to get involved? Do you need a government to look after your coins and wallet right now? Just save the money for your retirement fund yourself and put a bit away each month or whenever you can afford. You need no third parties for this. I'd rather keep and have access to my own funds myself rather than trusting a gov with them.

I did not say like that, I said that we should have someone really trustworthy in order to start an initiative in these regards...

I'm not sure I understand you or what you mean by 'initiative'. Why would we need any 'trustworthy' third parties involved at all?
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
May 28, 2015, 11:42:53 AM
for retirement:

Ey that is pretty cool idea of storing BTC safe.Thanks for that.Nice catch!
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!
May 28, 2015, 11:12:30 AM

How the hell do you need governments to get involved? Do you need a government to look after your coins and wallet right now? Just save the money for your retirement fund yourself and put a bit away each month or whenever you can afford. You need no third parties for this. I'd rather keep and have access to my own funds myself rather than trusting a gov with them.

I did not say like that, I said that we should have someone really trustworthy in order to start an initiative in these regards...
Activity: 324
Merit: 250
May 28, 2015, 10:58:06 AM

legendary
Activity: 1223
May 28, 2015, 07:58:03 AM
for retirement:
legendary
Activity: 1246
!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!
May 28, 2015, 06:57:43 AM
Activity: 826
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
May 28, 2015, 06:52:46 AM
Well everyones right answer would be diversify, but the question is how much money do you even have to begin with?

You cant be really helping yourself if you diversify only a small principal amount.
To reduce your risk it is better to assisgn a percentage, when you have 1000$ then 10 or 5% which becomes few ,this makes you have less risk of losing all you have
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
May 28, 2015, 04:17:40 AM
The discussion on retirement coin is a valid point in the thread
It's nice to be liquid but at the same time have something that grows in value so its a complex question of whether it is a safe means to store wealth if the exchange rate changes rapidly.
It could work but best to not bank all in on it.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
May 28, 2015, 02:28:46 AM
With something as important as a retirement, I would be more careful than to take a massive leap of faith by putting it all on one horse. But I do think that taking a small piece in bitcoin can help in 40 years! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
May 28, 2015, 02:20:17 AM
Well everyones right answer would be diversify, but the question is how much money do you even have to begin with?

You cant be really helping yourself if you diversify only a small principal amount.

That is why people talk about "percentages".
The amount does not matter, what matters is the proportion of your surplus/net worth you invest in Bitcoin.

well not exactly, investing few pennies isn't like investing big no matter the %, he is talking about how many of your total money(thus that are saved should be counted too) are you investing

if you hold 100k usd total and invest only $100, then you should not worry much about % or when you are investing
May 28, 2015, 02:15:09 AM
this is my take, but I`d put about 90% bonds, 10% crypto, and reuse the amount earned to crypto.

Then do this for the same with gold as well.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1012
★Nitrogensports.eu★
May 27, 2015, 09:04:56 PM

That is why people talk about "percentages".
The amount does not matter, what matters is the proportion of your surplus/net worth you invest in Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1456
May 27, 2015, 06:53:08 PM

legendary
Activity: 896
May 27, 2015, 05:52:59 PM
I consider  investing a 10%of income on bitcoin a fine share of portfolio since it is highly risky investment

bitcoin in the long term has plenty of room for profit. especially if you compare it to other investments. i would say 20-25% in bitcoin and hold it for as long as possible.
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
May 27, 2015, 09:54:58 AM
I consider  investing a 10%of income on bitcoin a fine share of portfolio since it is highly risky investment
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
May 25, 2015, 06:05:28 PM
well you never know what can happen tomorrow ,sure you must start thinking about retirement the sooner you think ,the better results you will got in the future,about do that with btc well i wouldn make such ,im a believer that bitcoin will stay for years as several others news coins,but they can earn as loose worth soo you can spend lets say 50.000dollars and when you go to sell them worth 20.000dollars soo not a safe investment at all
Pages:
Jump to: