Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin as a Retirement Account - page 15. (Read 22728 times)

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
June 26, 2015, 05:43:24 PM
My research shows that if the bitcoin becomes the "de facto" world currency then based on the current World GDP (not that it might grow later) it can easily reach 1m$ / coin , if the majority of population will use it de facto.

And that is only if they just put their piggy banks in it. If they put in serious money, it can be even higher!

"IF" words actually shows that you are uncertain about your research as well , noticed how many times you use the word "IF" ? that indicate about your uncertainty . Also I doubt you conducted any "research" at all considering that it is only words of yours without any calculations or whatsoever. You should take a look Johny's post just above yours, that is how you should do your "research" , Math and calculations rules this universe

Also that what do you explicitly means for your words "de facto" world currency ( this sounds like a "NOUN")? your statement is quite confusing and a quick search of wikipedia lead me that "de facto" means some thing like "in fact" or "according to fact" . According to which fact are we talking about because you keep on using the word IF?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_facto

How about showing some proof to support your statement instead? Some simple maths will do on why you are saying this is a gold mine instead of too much of IF words there. Basically I am on the side that oppose BTC as a retirement account though ( feel free to dig up my post on this thread regarding my reason on this )

But you can buy it if you want...

Smiley ( no insult intended whatsoever )

Well i`m not a shaman to see the future but, i can only tell what is likely to happen under those conditions.

Making the BITCOIN a defacto currency will realize those, but nobody can guarantee that bitcoin will be mass adopted, we can just hope its trendy enough Smiley

The proof is simple just check the big numbers, the currency supply of all currencies in the world or to make it easier relative to the dollar and compare it with the global GDP.

All info you need is on wikipedia, so you can calculate it in about 30 minutes.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
June 26, 2015, 10:09:48 AM
If bitcoin succeeds, even 10 coins will change your life. Putting 2500$ into a groundbreaking technology is not that risky imho.

what doesn't seem risky for you might be completely different for other people. especially if you consider how many people don't have more than 0.5btc in total.

only because of the 1200 manipulation, that thing scared the shit out of average newbie investors, and now no one is trusting bitcoin anymore

bitcoin as a retirement still look one of the best option right now, along with gold, but while one has a good chance to rise, the other not so much

one can do 25% bitcoin and 75% gold, to remain in the safe zone

'If there is no one trusting in bitcoin anymore' Do you mean new member? But there are still a price movement from bitcoin that means people are still using it in trading and there are still a lot of gambling site to gamble your bitcoin I dont think there is no trust here in bitcoin. Many people are still believe the price will rise
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
June 26, 2015, 07:09:07 AM
If bitcoin succeeds, even 10 coins will change your life. Putting 2500$ into a groundbreaking technology is not that risky imho.

what doesn't seem risky for you might be completely different for other people. especially if you consider how many people don't have more than 0.5btc in total.

only because of the 1200 manipulation, that thing scared the shit out of average newbie investors, and now no one is trusting bitcoin anymore

bitcoin as a retirement still look one of the best option right now, along with gold, but while one has a good chance to rise, the other not so much

one can do 25% bitcoin and 75% gold, to remain in the safe zone
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
June 26, 2015, 05:49:03 AM

legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1414
June 26, 2015, 04:40:21 AM
My research shows that if the bitcoin becomes the "de facto" world currency then based on the current World GDP (not that it might grow later) it can easily reach 1m$ / coin , if the majority of population will use it de facto.

And that is only if they just put their piggy banks in it. If they put in serious money, it can be even higher!

"IF" words actually shows that you are uncertain about your research as well , noticed how many times you use the word "IF" ? that indicate about your uncertainty . Also I doubt you conducted any "research" at all considering that it is only words of yours without any calculations or whatsoever. You should take a look Johny's post just above yours, that is how you should do your "research" , Math and calculations rules this universe

Also that what do you explicitly means for your words "de facto" world currency ( this sounds like a "NOUN")? your statement is quite confusing and a quick search of wikipedia lead me that "de facto" means some thing like "in fact" or "according to fact" . According to which fact are we talking about because you keep on using the word IF?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_facto

How about showing some proof to support your statement instead? Some simple maths will do on why you are saying this is a gold mine instead of too much of IF words there. Basically I am on the side that oppose BTC as a retirement account though ( feel free to dig up my post on this thread regarding my reason on this )

Smiley ( no insult intended whatsoever )

Activity: 462
Merit: 251
June 25, 2015, 10:08:20 PM

Do you offer your research and facts on a blog ? I'm sure a few people would like to follow the facts and values you have used to your research.

No i just keep it for myself to invest upon, why would i share the gold mine info, then it becomes less valuable.

is what are the benefits if you buy it?
many people are not familiar with it, might be cheap!
June 25, 2015, 09:41:44 PM

Do you offer your research and facts on a blog ? I'm sure a few people would like to follow the facts and values you have used to your research.

No i just keep it for myself to invest upon, why would i share the gold mine info, then it becomes less valuable.

Activity: 369
Merit: 250
June 25, 2015, 06:25:46 PM
I would definitely want to work for an employer that could do that for me. Just like any stock/investment, Could be good or bad. I would never put all my eggs in one basket but if I had to... why not bitcoins!?!  Cool 
legendary
Activity: 1036
Thug for life!
June 25, 2015, 01:52:38 AM

June 24, 2015, 08:30:40 PM

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
June 24, 2015, 08:27:40 PM
Based on math? How can you subscribe it? There is no way that bitcoin price will hit $20,000 for entire time and miners will sure dump here and there, and there will be some whale pump again or may be they will make it stuck at some point so there is no chance that price will get to $20,000 with the high demand too

It is indeed worth worry about the value if you have not done some research and can not see the demand from your view. But no matter how high the demand is, capital will always first go to the mining, which is the lowest possible cost, so the price should stabilize somewhere near the mining cost, which is around 200-300 dollars right now

Based on my research, the net supply on market will be between 5000-7000 coins per day (see my signature). And to maintain an exchange rate of $300, you need only 1.5 million to 2.1 million dollars net capital inflow. That is about the worth of a large sized apartment in major big cities

Or, one dollar per person per day if there are 1.5 to 2.1 million users. Do you still think it is not possible to reach 20K? That requires 10 dollars worth of purchase per day per user for 21 million users
legendary
June 24, 2015, 03:21:48 PM
Setting 21 btc has a long term retirenment plan was my plan last year, i still have them on cold storage with my encrypted key in a safe so when i turn 60 life could be much better then what i planned for, well hopefully by that time bitcoin is worth 1m usd a btc.

Depends how old are you. I am estimating about 20.000$ / BTC in about 10 years if everything goes as planned.

If a financial crisis breaks out (very likely) then it can go even to 200.000 in the next 10 years!

So at this point we stand at a crossroad. In any case bitcoin's future is bright!

There is no chance that bitcoin is going to $20,000 in about 10 years or 20 years or forever. Dont dream too much. Btw what plan is bitcoin going to make? How can you said bitcoin price will going that high? What is that price based on? I guess you are just saying an absurd thing without based on anything

it is all based on math, nothing else, it is always the case to talk about supply and leaving the demand(worst case if bitcoin will not die, and it will not in my view...) as it is right now, when you want to predict the bitcoin price

it is obvious that if there is less dumping from miners the price will rise for sure, if the demand stay the same as now, but how much it will increase , we can not know...

Based on math? How can you subscribe it? There is no way that bitcoin price will hit $20,000 for entire time and miners will sure dump here and there, and there will be some whale pump again or may be they will make it stuck at some point so there is no chance that price will get to $20,000 with the high demand too

you did not understand, all varaibles that are unknown are excludedso in the worst case scenario where bitcoin is still alive the price must go up because miner will dump less

and i didn't say that it will be stuck at 20k, manipulation will always be there, no matter what, but the point is that if you look at bitcoin from a math point of view, it should increase because of its scarcity, that it is improving as we go along
legendary
June 24, 2015, 01:39:46 PM
Setting 21 btc has a long term retirenment plan was my plan last year, i still have them on cold storage with my encrypted key in a safe so when i turn 60 life could be much better then what i planned for, well hopefully by that time bitcoin is worth 1m usd a btc.

Depends how old are you. I am estimating about 20.000$ / BTC in about 10 years if everything goes as planned.

If a financial crisis breaks out (very likely) then it can go even to 200.000 in the next 10 years!

So at this point we stand at a crossroad. In any case bitcoin's future is bright!

There is no chance that bitcoin is going to $20,000 in about 10 years or 20 years or forever. Dont dream too much. Btw what plan is bitcoin going to make? How can you said bitcoin price will going that high? What is that price based on? I guess you are just saying an absurd thing without based on anything

it is all based on math, nothing else, it is always the case to talk about supply and leaving the demand(worst case if bitcoin will not die, and it will not in my view...) as it is right now, when you want to predict the bitcoin price

it is obvious that if there is less dumping from miners the price will rise for sure, if the demand stay the same as now, but how much it will increase , we can not know...

legendary
Activity: 1078
June 24, 2015, 01:27:00 PM

How can you subscribe how success is bitcoin? I guess it depends on how people see it, and to get until that price it will take some time
legendary
June 24, 2015, 02:38:30 AM

June 23, 2015, 09:08:31 PM

That will but not as a retirement.

But if you are into bitcoin investment, another layer of income past bitcoin price increase, will be the best thing to do!
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
June 23, 2015, 08:52:34 PM

There are many projections from thousands of dollars to billions of dollars, here is a million dollars strategy
An easy way to make bitcoin worth millions of dollars
legendary
June 23, 2015, 12:51:46 PM

legendary
Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086
June 23, 2015, 10:44:38 AM
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
June 23, 2015, 09:05:06 AM

well is actually not bad bitcoin has 21m to save maybe if you can i good amount it would be 210 or 200 yea has a long term investment for the next 10 years if your estimation is on point i would be able to retire at 41.
Pages:
Jump to: