Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin as a Retirement Account - page 2. (Read 22728 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 250
September 21, 2018, 12:57:52 AM
it's true that with the existence of bitcoin, our money can be developed by means of long-term investment, because bitcoin is a safe and good place to invest in the future.
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
September 20, 2018, 10:58:06 PM
A similar situation unfolds with the usual Pension Funds. The market of crypto-currency is very unpredictable and it is impossible to guarantee that at the time of retirement bitcoin will rise in price.
I think so, if bitcoin becomes a retirement account, then it has two possibilities. if the price is high at retirement, it will be very happy because it will get a high number of retirees, but if it happens otherwise, it will be miserable, the fluctuation of bitcoin make it impossible

bitcoin is still believed to increase value, but in the process, these coins often experience extreme fluctuations, and this is not suitable for passive assets and even safe assets for retirees. bitcoin is better treated actively and the profit generated in the majority still has to be thought of to be allocated to other more stable assets such as gold and so on.
Activity: 448
September 20, 2018, 02:10:44 PM
The only question is what will happen to bitcoin to our old age. It can play into the hands, but maybe not)
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
September 20, 2018, 10:07:47 AM
A similar situation unfolds with the usual Pension Funds. The market of crypto-currency is very unpredictable and it is impossible to guarantee that at the time of retirement bitcoin will rise in price.
I think so, if bitcoin becomes a retirement account, then it has two possibilities. if the price is high at retirement, it will be very happy because it will get a high number of retirees, but if it happens otherwise, it will be miserable, the fluctuation of bitcoin make it impossible
A big savings from bitcoin if the bitcoin price reaches $50k by the end of the year, why do not we try if we get a chance to get rich. Not at all we have a good chance, miss the opportunity in fear is a mistake
Activity: 546
September 19, 2018, 11:50:25 AM
Every month, your employer transfers Bitcoins into a time-locked address that can't be transferred out before you reach retirement age.  You have the key to the address.  You can verify the transfer on the blockchain.

No middle-men.  No funny business.  No brokers with pyramid/eyeball shaped logos.  No "oops we went bankrupt and lost your retirement."  No bail-ins.  No raising the age of retirement.

Just Bitcoin.
We can use bitcoin now asset or a investment  but we can't use it as retirement account. Being retired people is the more you need money for your needs everyday. We can use bitcoin to make our money more profitable but not just a account that you will keep money of your retirement.

However, retired people can simply start to work with the cryptocurrencies, and even make much money exactly on Bitcoin. They have much time, and they do not have to go to the work.
Activity: 294
September 18, 2018, 10:46:36 AM
Every month, your employer transfers Bitcoins into a time-locked address that can't be transferred out before you reach retirement age.  You have the key to the address.  You can verify the transfer on the blockchain.

No middle-men.  No funny business.  No brokers with pyramid/eyeball shaped logos.  No "oops we went bankrupt and lost your retirement."  No bail-ins.  No raising the age of retirement.

Just Bitcoin.
A pretty early post, and if you start buying insurance from 2014 for retirement, I think now you are a bitcoin millionaire, it's enough for your whole family to retire early with a paycheck. month. Interestingly, I wish I could return to 2014
Activity: 82
Merit: 1
September 18, 2018, 08:10:22 AM

Just Bitcoin.
I do not know if this is possible for now. Maybe in the near future when bitcoin will be accepted by the government and to incorporate it with the likes of this idea. As we all know that bitcoin is not that established right now and there could be some technical problems may arise like losing private keys or compromising the digital wallet account.
Yeah it is possible to use bitcoin for earning more money, but it is not possible to use bitcoin as your regular currency. I think that one should hold his bitcoin to make more money and keep that money for his last years. Regular income from bitcoin is not possible because of the volatility in the price. You can use your coins to start some business which will be the source of your income in the future.
Activity: 916
Merit: 500
September 18, 2018, 07:37:37 AM
I think it is a great idea investing in bitcoin and save it for retirement as a long term investor i think that investments will grow much bigger in the future and it can really be the source of our retirement account.
Activity: 165
September 18, 2018, 07:18:28 AM
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
September 18, 2018, 06:42:46 AM
Should not, because their prices are constantly fluctuating, until you retired perhaps the BTC is just a pile of debris, no longer worth to sell so you will lose everything.
For the short term I admit that it will be risky due to fluctuations, but for the long term, I don't think so. the development of bitcoin shows a positive thing many people around the world are interested in using bitcoin and that is the key to the future growth of bitcoin prices that will make you profitable..

This is true but you did not think about one thing. How old are people that get their pension? Retired people are over 65. Most of them are very conservative, and it will be almost not possible to convince them dealing with BTC, not fiat.
that wrong opinion i think.althoug more 65 years old, they still can use bitcoin as retirement asset.if not for them, it can used for their children or grandchild
I appreciate your post and its a great idea but when you look government policy your ideas become dull. No good response from the governments.
Activity: 56
September 18, 2018, 06:39:41 AM
Still way to viable for me to consider it a part of my retirement investment portfolio, more power to you if you press it home and are successful but right now this method a risky.
Bitcoin is digital currencies and only work if you have a internet connection and PC.If you think government can give retirement funds then its impossible.
Activity: 485
Merit: 250
September 17, 2018, 08:19:05 AM
Activity: 882
Merit: 104
September 17, 2018, 05:41:21 AM

Just Bitcoin.
We can use bitcoin now asset or a investment  but we can't use it as retirement account. Being retired people is the more you need money for your needs everyday. We can use bitcoin to make our money more profitable but not just a account that you will keep money of your retirement.
Activity: 332
September 17, 2018, 05:22:42 AM
If you are in your twenties right now while you are doing your regular job, it would really be great if you are also having a blockchain portfolio with you aside from saving money in your bank accounts or other insurance company. It will be timely that when you retire, your portfolio will be so mature with a very huge market value.

Good perception and advice mate. In addition blockchain portfolio would be going bigger and bigger because cryptocurrency will evolves and many industries or banks will purely accepted it in a lawful means. So with this happening might be the whole world would be recognized and regulate cryptos to make it safe from frauds and hackers anywhere in the places where we lived that patronizing crypto. In this way great holders of bitcoin who prepared for their retirement would feel great security with their stock in portfolio.

Its true, many big company right now involve in cryptocurrency industry. They developing their bussiness and trying to make their bussiness more eficient. I am believe investing on crypto for long term will be profitable
it is true, most retired people will be unemployed and will think to look for busyness. the right thing is bitcoin. bitcoin has a beautiful future. if we have retired from work. we can sell coins that we have to make ends meet.
Activity: 812
Merit: 11
September 17, 2018, 03:55:53 AM
If you are in your twenties right now while you are doing your regular job, it would really be great if you are also having a blockchain portfolio with you aside from saving money in your bank accounts or other insurance company. It will be timely that when you retire, your portfolio will be so mature with a very huge market value.

Good perception and advice mate. In addition blockchain portfolio would be going bigger and bigger because cryptocurrency will evolves and many industries or banks will purely accepted it in a lawful means. So with this happening might be the whole world would be recognized and regulate cryptos to make it safe from frauds and hackers anywhere in the places where we lived that patronizing crypto. In this way great holders of bitcoin who prepared for their retirement would feel great security with their stock in portfolio.

Its true, many big company right now involve in cryptocurrency industry. They developing their bussiness and trying to make their bussiness more eficient. I am believe investing on crypto for long term will be profitable
Activity: 56
September 17, 2018, 02:13:26 AM
Still way to viable for me to consider it a part of my retirement investment portfolio, more power to you if you press it home and are successful but right now this method a risky.
It would be great if bitcoin become funds after our retirement.it can double our money.But the question is who will accept it and who gonna give us retirement funds.
Activity: 252
Merit: 12
September 16, 2018, 04:14:52 PM
That is interesting. I wonder if it will happen in the future because now to me it seems pretty unrealistic because crypto is not stable yet.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 505
September 16, 2018, 12:03:07 PM
Actually, it makes some sense. For intstance, in my country you can never be sure about your pension as things are going nowadays. So perhaps Bitcoin is a safer way to keep money in

Retirement account in the bitcoin is a very interesting idea. By investing in cryptocurrencies with such a long term goal, you can build a large capital, which will be an additional injection of money in retirement. Such investment in the future will pay off.
Activity: 184
Merit: 2
September 16, 2018, 09:46:40 AM
that would have been a wonderful idea, just hold your private key, and when time for retirement knocks, you just unlock you wallet and spend your retirement package. what an easy life that would be, unlike the rigorous process pension managers makes retirees go through in order to access their pension funds, bitcoin will be preferable.
Activity: 658
Merit: 106
September 16, 2018, 09:11:56 AM

Just Bitcoin.

I think thats good idea for retirement plan. Bitcoin is long term investment and if we put aside small bitcoin into locked bitcoin wallet, it will be worth millions in the future and its good pension plan
that's could work if bitcoin price rise alot as our hope above $50.000 .but how about if bitcoin price still moves down  or even die.because we dont know what will happen in future.
Pages:
Jump to: