Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin as a Retirement Account - page 6. (Read 22728 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 100
June 24, 2018, 12:08:51 PM
I disagree. Transactions may be banned or permanently disappeared. We will not be able to get back what has been lost. This is very risky. Let's say Bitcoin prices go down and retirees will get less money than
I would be disappointed if Bitcoin just managed to hold its purchasing power or increases marginally in the long term. I would put aside a small amount of money, be willing to take a hit if it disappears. I would be disappointed if Bitcoin just managed to hold its purchasing power or increases marginally in the long term. I would put aside a small amount of money, be willing to take a hit if it disappears, but also expect a substantial return if it takes off.
Activity: 142
Merit: 10
June 24, 2018, 11:57:06 AM
If bitcoin prices continue to rise of course we can retire, but if the price is like this now make bitcoin as the main hope is a risky thing, continued business or work is something we have to do so if bitcoin fail then we can still survive.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
June 24, 2018, 11:25:11 AM
Are you not afraid of the risk of BTC will collapse? I do not dare to hold the BTC for a few dozen years, I can only hold them for a few months or a year, then convert to cash and use. The Crypto market can not predict what they will be and how they will be in the future.

I think When the first wave of mature pension plans, it is a low percentage of the entire RC market, it may not affect the price significantly. There will also be a constant flow of capital from the children, the ins and outs can balance.
IF everyone uses this RC for pension funds, gift blocks remain in demand, rather than RC market capital will be huge and the price can be relatively stable.
Activity: 56
June 24, 2018, 10:50:46 AM
I think there some disadvantages in having a retirement account with bitcoin because we dont know what will happen to bitcoin in the future will it lasts forever or stay but its good also having a retirement account it will make bitcoin more active.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
June 24, 2018, 10:01:24 AM
In an ideal situation, this wouldn't be a bad option to help pensioners, but the problem is that will we get a company to do that? Let's hope blockchain and its interventions reaches there. It'd be very awesome.
In my opinion it is only good in one situation when the retiree has lot of money and he has no tension of losing his money due to fall in bitcoin price. Otherwise I think bitcoin is for regular working people who can give time to it and can make profits from bitcoin trading. For retired people I don’t suggest bitcoin as retirement account because of no regular income.
Activity: 517
Merit: 119
June 19, 2018, 06:37:30 AM
Interesting idea.But what to do if the course is not stable.If a pensioner in September could buy 3 loaves of bread and 1 sausage,and in November he will be able to buy only 1 loaf of bread.How to be here?
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
June 17, 2018, 06:25:43 PM
I won't allow that kind of pension, still has a third party to it, that is the boss. I will rather save my Bitcoin myself, either change it or leave it that way. If the prices fall by then fine I will know it's mine, but if someone else said kept it for me and I cant get anything at the end, then its going to be something else.
Activity: 336
June 15, 2018, 03:46:19 AM
The idea is good, but for its implementation, you need to spend a lot of development. I think it is worth creating a separate ICO company on this topic, in which all conditions will be clearly stated, how the head will translate his subordinates deductions.  And they, in turn, will spend these charges in a few years.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 535
June 15, 2018, 02:24:49 AM
It is most of us dream that we will be able to make as much profit that we wont have to work again in all of our lifes. We can travel, enjoy the life, make whatever we want till we die with our family and our friends.
Activity: 448
June 15, 2018, 02:19:57 AM
I disagree. Transactions may be banned or permanently disappeared. We will not be able to get back what has been lost. This is very risky. Let's say Bitcoin prices go down and retirees will get less money than

For me it not good for bitcoin as a retirement account. In fact you can see that the current market is very volatile and the value is changing as if every now and then. Do not take the risk because we need our retirement money the most.
Yeah you are right, the future of bitcoin is not guaranteed and if the price falls more people will lose their money and in retirement life there is chance to get bank your lost money. I suggest putting your money in some regular business or buying mutual funds, keeping in bank accounts or investing in saving certificates which is especially for retired people. By this way you can secure your future. While bitcoin investment involves big risks.

You have a point, if you're looking for a retirement plan why not look for a stable company wherein you can assure thay it is really for long term. Bitcoin is great but it's not good for long term since the price is not stable it changes every now and then.
Activity: 153
Merit: 3
June 14, 2018, 02:28:30 AM

For me it not good for bitcoin as a retirement account. In fact you can see that the current market is very volatile and the value is changing as if every now and then. Do not take the risk because we need our retirement money the most.
Yeah you are right, the future of bitcoin is not guaranteed and if the price falls more people will lose their money and in retirement life there is chance to get bank your lost money. I suggest putting your money in some regular business or buying mutual funds, keeping in bank accounts or investing in saving certificates which is especially for retired people. By this way you can secure your future. While bitcoin investment involves big risks.
Activity: 210
June 12, 2018, 11:47:32 AM
Every month, your employer transfers Bitcoins into a time-locked address that can't be transferred out before you reach retirement age.  You have the key to the address.  You can verify the transfer on the blockchain.

No middle-men.  No funny business.  No brokers with pyramid/eyeball shaped logos.  No "oops we went bankrupt and lost your retirement."  No bail-ins.  No raising the age of retirement.

Just Bitcoin.

Well, hmmm... somewhat agree.... but the disadvantage later on is that when the time to exchange your earnings, how will it be when the value drops down? So we should wait again and patiently waiting for balue to go up.
Activity: 154
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
June 12, 2018, 11:30:32 AM
I think it is good idea, you can create it for your self or for you parents, they will be happy and you too, no matter about money when you are old
Activity: 910
Merit: 257
June 10, 2018, 07:09:24 PM
Every month, your employer transfers Bitcoins into a time-locked address that can't be transferred out before you reach retirement age.  You have the key to the address.  You can verify the transfer on the blockchain.

No middle-men.  No funny business.  No brokers with pyramid/eyeball shaped logos.  No "oops we went bankrupt and lost your retirement."  No bail-ins.  No raising the age of retirement.

Just Bitcoin.

That can be considered mate, but since you're talking about retirement here, I just think that it's just too risky to consider it as a retirement fund knowing that anything can happen to it for better or worse. I say that because it's just too uncomfortable to rely on something that can change value at any point, more so lose it's value altogether, especially considering that one would use it as funds to sustain themselves after working. I would rather have some in cryptocurrency but more as money stashed in a bank.
Activity: 238
“The Future of Security Tokens”
June 10, 2018, 07:00:31 PM
I see in that not only a good retirement account, but a good source of profit for everyday living which may replace even a regular job.
Activity: 224
June 10, 2018, 06:42:52 PM
This could be a unique idea but at the same time high risk for such account, let's say at the middle period of your retirement bitcoin reaches all time highs and doing a long term bull run it could be devastating for someone if at the end of retirement once it is finish it dip so hard, there are some cases of suicide made in the past because of huge losses from trading and with this it could make such incidents go up.
Activity: 322
Merit: 12
June 10, 2018, 06:36:20 PM

You can retire earlier by accumulating a lot of bitcoin and holding till prices rise very high.You may not even have to wait for retirement because bitcoin price can soar beyond imagination.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
June 10, 2018, 05:09:51 PM
This was a good idea but it's not new. The only big problem with this kind of plan is what is the owner dies before the retirement account reaches it's maturity. Who will get those coins and if that guy gives his proof of ownership to someone else then there is a chance that the people will corruption just like the normal will. We already have this kind of system at our physical world which are much more well thought but are not free of people's mind. If someone wants to infect someone's money when they are going to do anything to reach that money. And if you like that money so that you do not have any access to that money then there is a chance that you will never get that money back.
Activity: 359
Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC
June 10, 2018, 04:50:44 PM
This is a cool idea. If I were to choose from fiat money or Bitcoin as retirement pay, I will choose Bitcoin of course. We know fiat money decreases its purchasing power over time because of inflation. We never know what Bitcoin's price when you retire, but it is more worth the risk.
Activity: 479
Enter the future of gaming
June 10, 2018, 04:13:59 PM
I would still recommend diversifying your risk, but it sounds like a good idea. If you have plenty of time ahead, you can just buy and hold not worrying about all that volatility if you really believe in bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: