Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Cipher/puzzle - 0.56 Prize ! Bitcoins [SOLVED] - page 10. (Read 19314 times)

Activity: 26
Merit: 2
any riddle solvers want to take a crack at http://varietyjones.com/games.html ? Compare answers or brainstorm?

I've been working on these. It takes a long time to check the answers against Electrum.
donator
Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
To be honest, without any error checking, I am not able to go further. As any answer could be totally wrong. And we could just be barking up the wrong tree trying to think of another solution when we already have the right one.

OP, I think it would be useful for you to confirm when we have found the right solution for any question.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
I have made an IRC channel for the discussion of the puzzle: ##bitcoinpuzzle@freenode

Webchat link: https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=##bitcoinpuzzle
Activity: 518
Merit: 501
Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.
this puzzle is really hard it like drained my brain juice

Me too  Cheesy But this is really fun Grin

Btw, can we get some hint OP? Or perhaps you can add 1 hint every ten days or so until the puzzle is solved Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1870
Metawin.com
this puzzle is really hard it like drained my brain juice
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Really enjoying it so far! Cheesy It is much harder than I expected.
Looking forward to get some clues about the numbers that are solved
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Call me Alice. just Alice.
Just a thought, but worth floating. In Puzzle (9), he uses 'then' rather than 'than'. Could just be a spello, could be saying to switch the e in the private key for a, or vice versa (notably the current suggestion has both e and a in it).

Edit: did some author research and came across this. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11983011
Seems this was a false alarm.

ehm. the post you linked was a typo, to lazy to fix it back then hehe Smiley but who know's what it is in the cipher Wink

Haha, massive coincidence then Wink OR number nine refers to your name somehow? Wink

Did you try switching the a and e?
I can confirm I did not and have not.

The problem is surmised above. Just too many possibilities and no way of knowing if each mini puzzle is correct. Would be useful to get some ideas on which ones might be wrong and which are definitely right.

Would be nice, but it seems like the OP would prefer everyone to work amongst themselves.  I think he knew it was a tough one when he said he may raise the prize after 30 days or so.

Didn't he mean that he would decide whether to give hints or stop the puzzle completely after 30 days? Atleast that is how I interpreted it. Wink

Due to donations i Will NOT stop the puzzle after 30days :kr
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
Just a thought, but worth floating. In Puzzle (9), he uses 'then' rather than 'than'. Could just be a spello, could be saying to switch the e in the private key for a, or vice versa (notably the current suggestion has both e and a in it).

Edit: did some author research and came across this. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11983011

ehm. the post you linked was a typo, to lazy to fix it back then hehe Smiley but who know's what it is in the cipher Wink

Haha, massive coincidence then Wink OR number nine refers to your name somehow? Wink

The problem is surmised above. Just too many possibilities and no way of knowing if each mini puzzle is correct. Would be useful to get some ideas on which ones might be wrong and which are definitely right.

Would be nice, but it seems like the OP would prefer everyone to work amongst themselves.  I think he knew it was a tough one when he said he may raise the prize after 30 days or so.

Didn't he mean that he would decide whether to give hints or stop the puzzle completely after 30 days? Atleast that is how I interpreted it. Wink
Activity: 560

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

donator
Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
This puzzle is especially tough because private keys are a bunch of random letters and numbers. There’s no error checking in the solution, so you can easily come up with multiple answers to each part and you wouldn’t know which is correct.
Activity: 131
Merit: 10

he's fooling us Wink ! ! ! !!
legendary

Activity: 470

Does this mean you solved it? Cheesy I will take another shot at it tonight, got some other stuff to do first..

No, he just added more to the pot address. The bounty for the cipher is now 0.56 btc.

I thought i had the right answer for about 50 times now, i just hope noone beats me to it Smiley
Anyways, it's an awesome puzzle op!

cheers

Hey i'm glad you like it Smiley !
Activity: 131
Merit: 10
Document down :/ ?
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

Does this mean you solved it? Cheesy I will take another shot at it tonight, got some other stuff to do first..

No, he just added more to the pot address. The bounty for the cipher is now 0.56 btc.

I thought i had the right answer for about 50 times now, i just hope noone beats me to it Smiley
Anyways, it's an awesome puzzle op!

cheers
Activity: 462
www.AntiBitcoinTalk.com
this is a good puzzle
i dont know how to solve this..
but i also want to know who will be the one..
from 0.1 to 0.2 and now 0.56..
thats a good price im still curious how they can solve this..
legendary

Pages:
Jump to: