Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin dominance hits 43%, alts surging ahead - page 6. (Read 7812 times)

Activity: 2828
Merit: 666
Does anyone here think btc dominance will get back to over say just 65%?  I don't even think so at this point anymore with all these altcoins.

As you said, there are so, so many new coins and token launches by new projects taking place every single day which is adding extra marketcap at the alts' end whenever they get started being tracked by services like coinmarketcap and coingecko, which is why BTC's dominance is looking weaker than ever. I don't think we'll get above even 50% if BTC remains under $60k, and it's quite dangerous for the price of BTC. There's a very strong support for BTC dominance near 38 points area, if it reaches and tests that area, I believe we might see a pump in BTC's price.

IMO, new coins added is not the reason why bitcoin dominance has dropped, it's the existing coins like BNB, ETH, and DOGE which has some big run this season that made the dominance drop. Even before the bull run, there are already a lot of new altcoins added but BTC was able to retain its dominance, in fact, it rises over 60% but now it's only 45% as per https://coinmarketcap.com/.

It's not a new thing, it usually happens during the altcoins season, last time it dropped below 40%, I guess we reach 36% IIRC.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1273
Does anyone here think btc dominance will get back to over say just 65%?  I don't even think so at this point anymore with all these altcoins.

As you said, there are so, so many new coins and token launches by new projects taking place every single day which is adding extra marketcap at the alts' end whenever they get started being tracked by services like coinmarketcap and coingecko, which is why BTC's dominance is looking weaker than ever. I don't think we'll get above even 50% if BTC remains under $60k, and it's quite dangerous for the price of BTC. There's a very strong support for BTC dominance near 38 points area, if it reaches and tests that area, I believe we might see a pump in BTC's price.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 185
How did back then btc dominance even went back up so much?  I remember when btc dominance went really low but at what point did it go back up?  Did alts just didn't go up as much anymore or something?
legendary
Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
Thing this has been changed a little bit as BTC dominant is just 47.8 according to coin market cap (https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/) , this is an indication that alts season is on the way

Bitcoin dominance was not this low from mid 2018. I wonder how low it will go this time. Last time the low was at 32%. This time should go below that. But I dont see it going below 20%. We should see in half year time.  In few years time we will also see how high will go again. I dont see it go above 60% anymore.
Bitcoin's dominance fell below 50% and is now going to 40%, the good news is Bitcoin price can stay above $ 50k which is great,
because if Bitcoin can survive and can continue its uptrend then altcoins will really have a good impact,
hold Altcoin will have the opportunity to make you rich in the future.

Sounds pretty retarded for anyone to actually believe that shitcoins are actually a long term HODL opportunity, because much of the strategy with any shitcoin (and that is anything except bitcoin) is that you better hope that you can get out before the thing starts to go down (because there is no there there) whether you are considering a shitcoin like doge or ethereum or if you are thinking about some shit that is built upon ethereum, such as Icos, defi or NFTs..

You better hope to get in and out and make a profit rather than believing some nonsense that there is any security in holding such things such as shitcoins (which means anything besides bitcoin) for the long term as if they might actually have fundamentals.. unless you consider fundamentals to be the ability of one shitcoin to pump another shitcoin, which hardly seems to be anything close to certain, long-term or strong fundamentals to me... .

It’s normal for the newbies/plebs like me to walk on a crooked path during a bull market, and find shitcoins to profit at a faster rate because their price surges are indeed faster. But those newbies will also learn another lesson, the hard way, in the right time.

There is almost always an inclination to gamble, even with people who are relatively conservative investors who know better, and each of us have to attempt to learn from our various mistakes along the way, including that we might have a lot of dumb ideas, including actually believing that there might be some kind of actual value in the various shitcoins merely because they are being pumped or even when they might have a lot of faulty and scammy networking effects that allow them to be pumped way beyond any actual solid foundational value that they might have.

It’s an inclination to gamble for some users, it’s a search for another community of like-minded people, and search for another approach for development of a censorship-resistant cryptocurrency for other users.

So, for sure, I am not against some kind of attempts to manage your portfolio including BTC and shitcoins, but realizing that the shitcoin portions should be more of an in and out game and BTC should be more of a long term strategy that would attempt to involve accumulating, or at least also considering that bitcoin should be the ONLY one that you likely are able to rely upon long term (even if Bitcoin is also not guaranteed, even though it has the strongest of the fundamentals among any of the cryptos - without any one or any group even coming close to it, in spite of short term appearances to the contrary).

There ARE other good coins which are deserving of the HODL, and with smart developers, like Decred and Monero.

Even though I would phrase these matters a bit differently than you, I am not really that interested in continuing to pursue these topics at this time, and largely I don't really disagree with the points that you are making in this particular post.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
Thing this has been changed a little bit as BTC dominant is just 47.8 according to coin market cap (https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/) , this is an indication that alts season is on the way

Bitcoin dominance was not this low from mid 2018. I wonder how low it will go this time. Last time the low was at 32%. This time should go below that. But I dont see it going below 20%. We should see in half year time.  In few years time we will also see how high will go again. I dont see it go above 60% anymore.
Bitcoin's dominance fell below 50% and is now going to 40%, the good news is Bitcoin price can stay above $ 50k which is great,
because if Bitcoin can survive and can continue its uptrend then altcoins will really have a good impact,

Sounds pretty retarded for anyone to actually believe that shitcoins are actually a long term HODL opportunity, because much of the strategy with any shitcoin (and that is anything except bitcoin) is that you better hope that you can get out before the thing starts to go down (because there is no there there) whether you are considering a shitcoin like doge or ethereum or if you are thinking about some shit that is built upon ethereum, such as Icos, defi or NFTs..

You better hope to get in and out and make a profit rather than believing some nonsense that there is any security in holding such things such as shitcoins (which means anything besides bitcoin) for the long term as if they might actually have fundamentals.. unless you consider fundamentals to be the ability of one shitcoin to pump another shitcoin, which hardly seems to be anything close to certain, long-term or strong fundamentals to me... .

It’s normal for the newbies/plebs like me to walk on a crooked path during a bull market, and find shitcoins to profit at a faster rate because their price surges are indeed faster. But those newbies will also learn another lesson, the hard way, in the right time.

There is almost always an inclination to gamble, even with people who are relatively conservative investors who know better, and each of us have to attempt to learn from our various mistakes along the way, including that we might have a lot of dumb ideas, including actually believing that there might be some kind of actual value in the various shitcoins merely because they are being pumped or even when they might have a lot of faulty and scammy networking effects that allow them to be pumped way beyond any actual solid foundational value that they might have.

It’s an inclination to gamble for some users, it’s a search for another community of like-minded people, and search for another approach for development of a censorship-resistant cryptocurrency for other users.

So, for sure, I am not against some kind of attempts to manage your portfolio including BTC and shitcoins, but realizing that the shitcoin portions should be more of an in and out game and BTC should be more of a long term strategy that would attempt to involve accumulating, or at least also considering that bitcoin should be the ONLY one that you likely are able to rely upon long term (even if Bitcoin is also not guaranteed, even though it has the strongest of the fundamentals among any of the cryptos - without any one or any group even coming close to it, in spite of short term appearances to the contrary).

There ARE other good coins which are deserving of the HODL, and with smart developers, like Decred and Monero.
legendary

But those newbies will also learn another lesson, the hard way, in the right time.

That's 100% guaranteed, when I was a newbie, I was too aggressive and I did not know I was already riding the FOMO. We will see them complaining soon once the bull run is over, but for now, let them enjoy and just learn later, hopefully that would not make them quit.

I surely would not proclaim that 100% of shitcoiners are going to end up losing money because there are quite likely going to be some who actually are able to get in and out in a way that is actually profitable, whether measured in terms of dollars or measured in terms of bitcoin.

On the other hand, if shitcoiners (mostly leaning towards newbies, here), are actually believing that various shitcoins are long term HODLs, then it is way more close to 100% going to get burned with that kind of a mindset and approach to the matter - which is likely going to be a way of NOT being able to recognize what differentiates bitcoin from the various shitcoins including whatever favorite shitcoins that they might have chosen for their lil selfies to invest into.

it was sadly drops to 45% now even the value stays at 56-58,000 $.

wondering what will be the price of Bitcoin if that 60-65% dominance happens once more?

I am frequently sending smerits to bryant.coleman for updating these numbers for us in this thread, but I still will suggest that none of us should be putting too much weight into the importance of the various indicators of BTC market cap dominance or even the various ways that market cap is manipulated by the various shitcoins contained therein or even how their market cap might be measured.  So, in some sense, who really cares if bitcoin goes up down or whatever, in terms of either getting back up to previous levels, so long as there might be some other indicators showing that bitcoin has not really lost any fundamentals in terms of various use cases or even if its software is not getting corrupted - and sure people will likely come to differing conclusions about some of those underlying facts (and weighing of fundamentals) too.

But those newbies will also learn another lesson, the hard way, in the right time.

That's 100% guaranteed, when I was a newbie, I was too aggressive and I did not know I was already riding the FOMO. We will see them complaining soon once the bull run is over, but for now, let them enjoy and just learn later, hopefully that would not make them quit.
Thats Part of every thing about life , Learning the hard way teaches us the best and most unforgettable lessons.

Cannot disagree with you on this point, bitterguy28, and some amount of experiential hard knocks might be needed to really allow for some lessons to sink in rather than just seeing what might have happened to others under similar circumstances.  Some people do learn to ONLY gamble with a fraction of their overall investment portfolio so that when they learn the harder lessons they are not putting too much of their principle at stake, but other people have heavier tendencies towards martingale type betting systems that end up causing them to never really learn and to continue to gamble away their principle (or never really meaningfully build principle) because even though they might know better in theory they keep on gravitating towards betting too much, so even though they might be able to learn lessons without gambling so much, they might not realize that one of their problems continues to be to NOT be able to figure out ways to moderate the ways that they gamble in order that they are not putting so much of their principle at risk or in jeopardy.   

Furthermore another mistake that compulsive gamblers make is that they continue to never really build principle because they continue to assert that each time that they are making various dumb bets on shitcoins or some variation, they are ONLY betting small amounts, so they never end up planning or implementing a stronger strategy with that low level of capital and they are never really ready, willing and able to build up their investment portfolio because they continue to be impatient in wanting to get rich quick and not even really realizing that they continue to make the same kinds of mistakes over and over and over.  Seen it in real life and also seen it on the forum.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 175
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
it was sadly drops to 45% now even the value stays at 56-58,000 $.

wondering what will be the price of Bitcoin if that 60-65% dominance happens once more?

Thats Part of every thing about life , Learning the hard way teaches us the best and most unforgettable lessons.
Activity: 2800
Merit: 603

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823

legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 101
ComboLabs

Is anyone here really concerned about btc dominance now?  I know a while back when altcoins went high, btc dominance went really down... i think it was around 37% at one point years ago when alts all started booming?  Or was it lower than that?

But how did btc dominance get back to the 70 percent dominance again?  I know all the alts went down when btc went down but im trying to remember... how did the btc dominance go back so high etc?

But anyone here more concerned now about btc dominance than back then?  For some reason, i am having a tough time thinking btc dominance can even go back to say 65% dominance anymore.
legendary
Activity: 2394
Merit: 1848
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
Some professional traders are still betting to buy Bitcoin and continue with the optimism of BTC, while retailers are betting on altcoins, many studies have been done and have determined that professionals are betting that bitcoin will have much more power in the long term than the altcoins, some are looking forward to the altcoin season, but what can trigger it is King Bitcoin himself.

In this article he reviews it:

Bitfinex shows spectacular growth in the BTC margin markets, with longs over 50 times the amount borrowed by shorts. These levels are unprecedented in the exchange's history and confirm the data from OKEx's futures markets.

There's no doubt that professional traders are ultra-bullish despite May 4's Bitcoin dip. As for the lack of appetite from retail traders, their focus seems to be currently on altcoins.

Currently, 18 of the top 50 altcoins have rallied 45% or higher in the past 30 days.

Source: https://cointelegraph.com/news/pro-traders-buy-the-bitcoin-price-dip-while-retail-investors-chase-altcoins
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

Is this a huge concern for btc people?  What was the lowest btc dominance it went to?  Also it then went back very high though so how did that even happen?  Asking this because when btc goes up a lot... altcoins seem to go higher etc.

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
thing this has been changed a little bit as BTC dominant is just 47.8 according to coin market cap (https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/) , this is an indication that alts season is on the way

Well.. if you check my previous posts, then you can see that just one and half months back, the BTC dominance was above 60% level. There has been a massive surge in altcoin market cap since then. Now don't ask me whether this is sustainable or not. I have been here since 2012, and I have seen similar rallies in 2013 and 2017 as well. On both the occasions, towards the end of the bull run altcoins went up much more than Bitcoin. And on the second occasion (in 2017), the hype was so prevalent that useless shitcoins managed multi-billion market capitalizations.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 104
CitizenFinance.io
thing this has been changed a little bit as BTC dominant is just 47.8 according to coin market cap (https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/) , this is an indication that alts season is on the way
legendary
Here are the latest stats from 2nd May 2021.

Total market cap: $2,204,986,949,848 (+17.53%)

Bitcoin: $1,058,174,616,878 (47.990%)
Bitcoin forks: $26,517,738,001 (1.203%)
Stablecoins: $80,988,963,447 (3.673%)
Altcoins: $1,030,083,463,652 (46.716%)
WBTC: $9,222,167,870 (0.418%)

This is the change compared to my last post:

Bitcoin: -2.056%
Bitcoin forks: +0.061%
Stablecoins: -0.356%
Altcoins: +2.355%
WBTC: -0.003%

Here are the latest stats from 25th April 2021.

Total market cap: $1,876,040,756,085 (-4.90%)

Bitcoin: $938,884,626,218 (50.046%)
Bitcoin forks: $21,417,475,954 (1.142%)
Stablecoins: $75,591,733,721 (4.029%)
Altcoins: $832,238,537,335 (44.361%)
WBTC: $7,908,382,857 (0.422%)

Bitcoin: -1.999%
Bitcoin forks: -0.100%
Stablecoins: +0.470%
Altcoins: +1.623%
WBTC: +0.007%
legendary
Here are the latest stats from 25th April 2021.

Total market cap: $1,876,040,756,085 (-4.90%)

Bitcoin: $938,884,626,218 (50.046%)
Bitcoin forks: $21,417,475,954 (1.142%)
Stablecoins: $75,591,733,721 (4.029%)
Altcoins: $832,238,537,335 (44.361%)
WBTC: $7,908,382,857 (0.422%)

Bitcoin: -1.999%
Bitcoin forks: -0.100%
Stablecoins: +0.470%
Altcoins: +1.623%
WBTC: +0.007%

Here are the latest stats from 18th April 2021.

Total market cap: $1,972,676,585,785 (-3.47%)

Bitcoin: $1,026,683,497,608 (52.045%)
Bitcoin forks: $24,497,647,263 (1.242%)
Stablecoins: $70,213,337,782 (3.559%)
Altcoins: $843,098,634,841 (42.739%)
WBTC: $8,183,468,291 (0.415%)

Bitcoin: -2.454%
Bitcoin forks: +0.219%
Stablecoins: +0.355%
Altcoins: +1.891%
WBTC: -0.012%
Pages: