Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin failed as a currency - page 52. (Read 7186 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0
June 20, 2018, 11:04:02 AM
It is very difficult to make bitcoin stable. Its price is formed by supply and demand. I think that he will always be volatile, but I believe in his bright future

I definitely agree with you. By the way here's platform that offers online education. Live.Edu  It is a decentralized professional development platform that teaches people how to build complete products in future technological fields. They are building the YouTube for online education; simply put, it is the next-generation Lynda.com. Unlike existing online education platforms, LiveEdu is focused on professional development.
Activity: 112
June 20, 2018, 11:01:25 AM
We can't say this thing right now because the future are still bright with bitcoin. Yeah, for now a lot of black propaganda just to ruins bitcoin reputation but I still believe in the future of this thing, bitcoin will become a major currency in the future. This is just the beginning.
Activity: 84
June 20, 2018, 09:38:16 AM
We can't say this thing right now because the future are still bright with bitcoin. Yeah, for now a lot of black propaganda just to ruins bitcoin reputation but I still believe in the future of this thing, bitcoin will become a major currency in the future. This is just the beginning.
yes it is true a few years bitcoin in my opinion will experience a very significant increase I'm sure of it, and I still hold the bitcoin to invest.
Activity: 277
Merit: 100
June 20, 2018, 02:41:10 AM
I think, bitcoin can be also as a currency and the form of investment in the same time. Now we can hear and read a lot of news about falling of bitcoin or about it's ending, but I don't believe in such situation. I think the bitcoin has future and can bring profit for those, who invest in it and also will comfortable coin to use.
Activity: 97
June 20, 2018, 12:42:35 AM
for me bitcoin does not fail as the current currency because bitcoin still persist with cryptocurrency. and many of the people who transact through bitcoin. i think it does not fail
Activity: 532
June 19, 2018, 06:00:08 PM
Bitcoin is accepted in other country as currency but not a national currency. bitcoin is used for online transaction and the price of bitcoin is not stable, assuming the price is stable it maybe possible that bitcoin may be a national currency.
copper member
Activity: 104
June 19, 2018, 05:57:21 PM
There are critical flaws that stop it from being a viable currency.
However, I believe we are yet to see the final form of Bitcoin, it is still evolving.
Activity: 132
Merit: 12
June 19, 2018, 05:08:18 PM
Without any doubt it will change. With the increase in the popularity of Bitcoin and the awareness of its users, the number of companies accepting payment by bitcoins is also increasing. It shouldn't surprise us that many brands such as KFC or Intel are trying to adapt to the market and consumers by facilitating the possibility of paying for their products, e.g. by enabling Bitcoin payment.
Activity: 161
Merit: 10
June 19, 2018, 04:41:47 PM
It is very difficult to make bitcoin stable. Its price is formed by supply and demand. I think that he will always be volatile, but I believe in his bright future
Activity: 182
June 19, 2018, 04:39:39 PM
I do not believe that Bitcoin is only good for investment, Bitcoin is a digital currency from its inception.I think in the future when technology more advance, bitcoin can be as payment because with crypto we can more safely to store our asset.
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
June 19, 2018, 04:31:53 PM
Bitcoin was supposed to be used as a currency, not only a form of investment. However, it's been more successful as a form of investment, a "speculative asset".

Do you guys think that this can change in the long term ?

I disagree with you since I myself is using bitcoin as mode of payment when purchasing online, buying game credits in steam, paying my bills and even paying my insurance. It is somehow used as a store of value right now just like gold but bitcoin didn't totally fail when it comes to currency. There are still lots of individuals that are using bitcoin not just only for investment purposes or trading but as well as a mode of payment.

With the lightning network and much lesser fees compared to last year, I think there is an improvement when it comes to bitcoin as a currency but if and only if the time comes that bitcoins supply limit will be reached and the demand to acquire bitcoin increases then I do believe bitcoin at this very moment in time will never be used as a currency but just an investment vehicle or a store of value because I'm pretty sure the value of bitcoin will skyrocket.
Activity: 185
June 19, 2018, 04:29:27 PM
Sooner or later the crypto currency will get very widespread and someday it will replace the money we are accustomed to. But while its application is hampered by financial groups, well, the computer literacy of most people also leaves much to be desired.
Activity: 144
June 19, 2018, 03:47:01 PM
Bitcoin was supposed to be used as a currency, not only a form of investment. However, it's been more successful as a form of investment, a "speculative asset".

Do you guys think that this can change in the long term ?

I think that's normal because bitcoins are decentralized, so if bitcoin demand increases then bitcoin values will also increase. Investing does not eliminate the use of bitcoin as a currency, but investment becomes a benefit of bitcoin.
Activity: 364
Merit: 13
June 19, 2018, 03:35:52 PM
All currencies are backed and regulated by some king of central authority/bank.

BTC is decentralized, not regulated. If we want to keep it that way, it will never be a currency, only a digital assets.

Despite of what you mentioned, I won't be surprised if not go in become a global currency. I don't mean it will replace current payment system. But it can play an important rule in payments.
Activity: 1
June 19, 2018, 03:30:29 PM
Yes, that is a bigger problem that the transfers being slow. People ignore this because they are concerned just about profit they get.
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
June 19, 2018, 03:27:45 PM
All currencies are backed and regulated by some king of central authority/bank.

BTC is decentralized, not regulated. If we want to keep it that way, it will never be a currency, only a digital assets.
Activity: 37
June 19, 2018, 09:21:25 AM
Bitcoin does not fail only Bitcoin has not yet become a recognized currency in a country or even in the world. But I think it could happen If the government legalizes Bitcoin as a legal means of payment. Many of the conveniences provided by Bitcoin if Bitcoin can be received. Sooner or later Bitcoin can do it.
Activity: 812
Merit: 250
June 19, 2018, 09:01:42 AM
Bitcoin is an online virtual currency. It has no real existence. Bitcoin's price is always variable. If Bitcoin's price was at a fixed price, it could have become a real currency. Bitcoin we can trade online.  I think it's too early to talk about the collapse of bitcoin as a currency. He still has everything ahead of him and we will see it, it will be something!
Well saying that bitcoin has failed as currency is not good for my eyes and ears. I don't think like that cause for me it is really helpful. Maybe you just expecting something more and you became disappointed. It's too early to justify its legacy so wait until it rise again. Maybe you just experience its downtrend.
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
June 19, 2018, 08:54:39 AM
I think no because bitcoin is used for online transaction and the price of bitcoin is not stable, but if bitcoin become stable maybe it might be possible that bitcoin will become currency, but for now, there's no chance that bitcoin will be used as currency.

The other reason every country have their own currency so where do you think the country of bitcoin?

Bitcoin is decentralized and we couldn't just credit it to China or other countries as their currency.
I think it can be accepted that btc today doesn't take the function as currency fully like fiat money.It can be ysed only for electronic and online transaction for short term.purpose. It is because of unstable price But this opportunity might be realized in the future after global regulation created and btc adoption formally.
Activity: 167
June 19, 2018, 08:36:22 AM
I don't think so. There are still people using bitcoin as a currency, so it didn't fail. But it's not a rule or a law that ones you use bitcoin you only do it as a currency. Of course, some can use investments in bitcoin, its their decision to do investments rather than currency. Maybe they see it much better than currency.
Pages:
Jump to: