Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin failed as a currency - page 7. (Read 7186 times)

Activity: 31
Merit: 1
August 30, 2018, 12:00:27 PM
For now, I agree. It is more than investment, than a currency. But we can change that as well. If those guys above us will make some laws to regulate and handle blockchain normelly, we will have the Bitcoin currency.

I hope what you are saying comes true. But even if it has failed as a currency or used primarily for other purposes, it is not the defeat of crypto. Many projects have evolved in same way. Like YouTube started as a dating website and later became a video sharing platform.

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
August 28, 2018, 10:01:50 PM
I think Bitcoin, when formed with the intention of being a means of exchange as currency. However, at the present time bitcoin is too dynamic to become a currency. When bitcoin is stable I think it will soon become as bad as the original purpose of bitcoin.
Activity: 39
August 27, 2018, 10:34:56 AM
if talking today maybe many people use Bitcoin as an investment,
but Bitcoin is a future that is not for now, what will happen in the future maybe Bitcoin will be a currency but not for one country but for all countries..
Activity: 338
Merit: 100
August 27, 2018, 10:27:21 AM
in my opinion, right. but nowadays many perpetrators of cyber crime, especially criminals, use bitcoin as a tool for their financial transactions. then our attitude or action thus, must be wiser to use bitcoin as a tool to improve the economy of the community.
Activity: 140
August 27, 2018, 10:17:19 AM
As most people around the globe say that the bitcoin is a digital currency but what i think is that it might not become the paper currency all over the globe as an international currency.
Activity: 60
August 27, 2018, 10:13:21 AM
Bitcoin was supposed to be used as a currency, not only a form of investment. However, it's been more successful as a form of investment, a "speculative asset".

Do you guys think that this can change in the long term ?

Yes ofcourse.

Bitcoin is proven a kind of business where lots of people can benefit. Thus, the productivity of this cryptocurrency will lead into such series of studies that will later result into development. If people tend to appreciate Bitcoin procedures by its development, it might lead into acceptance of the majority to make it become a currency.

Furthermore, I think it is already a currency since lots of transactions are processing by Bitcoin. With that, the future of digital money is already there.

We have to believe it and appreciate the innovations.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
August 27, 2018, 10:02:00 AM
As a currency, people also use bitcoin for money laundering it because bitcoin is a good strategic for money laundering. It really hard to track and if track the transaction you wont find out who is carrying out this. Thus this is good as a currency.
Activity: 30
August 27, 2018, 09:52:43 AM
Bitcoin have been still using as a currency in our economy nowadays, it means, it was not fail as a currency. It still in the process and as it became legalized and accepted, this will be more useful.
Activity: 378
Merit: 11
August 26, 2018, 09:06:58 AM
I am not totally in consonance that bitcoin has failed as a currency. Infact the ability of bitcoin to be adopted as a means of payment is a sign that things will certainly get better and be more predictable and adaptable as the bitcoin and crypto currency becomes much more stable an reliable. The best is yet to come!
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
August 26, 2018, 08:46:51 AM
I think it's to early to give such statement.
How old is bitcoin? Only 9 years.
We still didn't see much but only time will tell.
Please be patient and don't judge to early.

No one knows for sure how long Bitcoin will survive because that explanation has never been known by anyone but some people only have big hopes to see Bitcoin become an advantage or help for everyone in this world.
Activity: 168
August 26, 2018, 08:45:51 AM
I think no because bitcoin is used for online transaction and the price of bitcoin is not stable, but if bitcoin become stable maybe it might be possible that bitcoin will become currency, but for now, there's no chance that bitcoin will be used as currency.

The other reason every country have their own currency so where do you think the country of bitcoin?

Bitcoin is decentralized and we couldn't just credit it to China or other countries as their currency.
Well it is difficult to assert that bitcoin will be used as a digital currency that could be mixed with centralized currency because the market value for bitcoin always changes as what you had mention and for that we can say that bitcoin is not for the likes of these a currency where we can use to buy commodities however, there are many applications that bitcoin could be use as a digital currency and those to eradicate corruption because of its blockchain technology. Bitcoin as a digital currency was not a failure because it is already being used as a currency but not being mixup with centralized currency. It has its own specific functions that it may be advantage for the business.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
August 26, 2018, 08:34:53 AM
I think it's to early to give such statement.
How old is bitcoin? Only 9 years.
We still didn't see much but only time will tell.
Please be patient and don't judge to early.
Activity: 70
August 26, 2018, 08:30:26 AM
in my opinion there is no Bitcoin that does not fail as a currency. and this is the future currency in the world. in bitcoin the future will be the most popular currency in the world.
and It's true that bitcoin is more into investment
August 26, 2018, 07:49:46 AM
I don't think so.And even if it can,then a very long time.Its market value is still quite high, even after such a strong fall in the rate.It can become a currency only in case of a stronger fall or on the contrary even more colossal growth.
copper member
Activity: 28
August 26, 2018, 07:24:00 AM
Bitcoin was supposed to be used as a currency, not only a form of investment. However, it's been more successful as a form of investment, a "speculative asset".

Do you guys think that this can change in the long term ?

why you think that ?
Activity: 283
August 26, 2018, 06:39:54 AM
I think bitcoin doesn't fail as a currency, because until now there are still many people who believe and use bitcoin as a means of payment even some countries have accepted it as a means of payment. Although bitcoin prices often go up and down but bitcoin has not failed and will continue to grow from year to year. Bitcoin can be said to be a failure if no one has used it again.
August 26, 2018, 06:39:26 AM
As i know bitcoin is not failed as we know that bitcoin is not capable for every citizen of the country to use it to invest in it and to make money with it so now the bitcoin is useful for the users and they are fulfilling their needs.
Activity: 27
August 26, 2018, 05:57:09 AM
Personally, I don't fail ... it's just that it needs a process to make Bitcoin a currency now and in the future
Activity: 295
August 26, 2018, 05:39:49 AM
While cryptocurrencies like bitcoin and ethereum continue to see increasing levels of interest and adoptability globally, they appear to be failing as currencies. In an interview with Bloomberg, Aswath Damodaran, professor of finance at the NYU Stern School of Business compared a speculative investment to a stable currency: “

Activity: 126
August 26, 2018, 05:28:53 AM
Bitcoin did not failed as currency ,in fact there are countries that already accept and legalized cryptocurrency in their country ,so now it is circulating in the cryptoworld as digital currency but as of now it is just waiting  to be recognized by everybody so that it will be a more successful ever.
Pages:
Jump to: