Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin failed as a currency - page 9. (Read 7186 times)

Activity: 180
Merit: 10
August 24, 2018, 02:49:33 PM
bitcoin can only be used as an asset or as a land for investment so far and so far has run smoothly.many say that bitcoin will become a currency, but if we think all countries already have their own currencies and so far the country's currency in all regions is safe and accepted by the community.
Activity: 207
Merit: 0
August 24, 2018, 02:45:38 PM
I would not call it a failure as Bitcoin was never intended as a traditional currency. It was "created" as an electronic payment system based on cryptography and it has succeeded as a pseudonymous decentralized digital currency. And also it's just developing, it's just starting, sooner or later it will bloom and become a big time currency.

bitcoin is not yet capable in a system that adapts to fiat's financial system, there are many points that are not suitable, but bitcoin has its own business volume so it is not too obligatory to move to the existing financial system, bitcoin is still developing and has not reached the final limit, not worthy of valuation failed because there is still value for continuing development.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1
August 24, 2018, 02:44:26 PM
Bitcoin was supposed to be used as a currency, not only a form of investment. However, it's been more successful as a form of investment, a "speculative asset".

Do you guys think that this can change in the long term ?

That fact is true, bitcoin is now more popular with its investment attractiveness, people are more interested in getting profit from bitcoin compared to using it as a payment tool, besides that the price is very volatile which makes many merchants still doubt bitcoin as a substitute for money.
Activity: 80
August 24, 2018, 02:27:54 PM
btc is far away from failing. btc is the half of the crypto money market. even a better technology in the future may not take its place.
Activity: 6
August 24, 2018, 02:18:56 PM
I would not call it a failure as Bitcoin was never intended as a traditional currency. It was "created" as an electronic payment system based on cryptography and it has succeeded as a pseudonymous decentralized digital currency. And also it's just developing, it's just starting, sooner or later it will bloom and become a big time currency.
Activity: 333
Merit: 250
August 24, 2018, 02:16:17 PM
Bitcoin was supposed to be used as a currency, not only a form of investment. However, it's been more successful as a form of investment, a "speculative asset".

I strongly agree. But I think bitcoin doesn't fail to fulfill its function, being a digital currency, because even though most people see bitcoin as an asset, some of them still use it as a currency. We cannot change that fact.
Activity: 154
August 24, 2018, 01:41:29 PM
I think that the best way to cash a bitcoin is to sell it on an exchange that you trust
Activity: 532
Merit: 18
Bitcoin lover!
August 24, 2018, 01:29:26 PM

Bitcoin is now really being used more as a means of accumulating value, and not as a currency. This is a very big problem for bitcoin and I do not see any possibility to change it. People invest in bitcoin more because they want to, through some, sometimes long time, profit from the growth of its value. Most investors are not even going to use it as a means of payment. In addition, such an opportunity is not always available. Therefore while it is possible to tell that bitcoin has failed as a means of payment.
Activity: 126
August 24, 2018, 01:24:53 PM
someday bitcoin will become the world currency, now bitcoin is liked by everyone, every major city mostly likes bitcoin, I will always support bitcoin, so bitcoin can become a world currency.
Activity: 128
August 24, 2018, 01:15:30 PM

it's better to stay as it is today, I prefer bitcoin as an asset rather than having to be a currency. bitcoin is very ineffective if it is made into a daily payment currency. let fiat still work as well as bitcoin.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
August 24, 2018, 12:52:26 PM

bitcoin is a currency, I think it's very difficult or even impossible to do it. and I, I don't want the world to want it to happen, only a miracle can make it happen.
Activity: 110
August 24, 2018, 12:30:13 PM
Bitcoin is the most valuable coin in the world. It is very trusted,safe and more profitable coin than others. Bitcoin is not a failed currency. Yeah its true that now bitcoin price is low but it will be grow up. Bitcoin is a digital currency and most of people are using bitcoin.
Activity: 144
August 24, 2018, 12:20:18 PM
I think no. Bitcoin is great cryptocurrency in the crypto world. By the way, worldwide people are using Bitcoin. They are know how important BTC for us and future world. Millions of transactions are done with Bitcoin per day. By the way, Bitcoin gives massive profits for peoples. Besides the bitcoin is very very good for investment. It is an excellent long-term investment method. My opinion is, Bitcoin can become a legal currency in the world,
Activity: 364
Merit: 41
August 24, 2018, 12:17:38 PM
Even if it failed as a currency there is no issue with it being  used as digital gold.  Its much easier and safer to transport instead of using physical gold.
Activity: 196
August 24, 2018, 12:09:20 PM
Some governments around the world have already banned the offering of original coins and are considering strict regulation to bring cryptothermines under the control of the global financial system. This suppression of digital currencies is largely due to the decentralized anonymity that surrounds the crypto-currency.
Activity: 29
August 24, 2018, 01:23:43 AM
Yep, for now. However in the future, I think it will be the most powerful currency
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
August 24, 2018, 01:05:31 AM

I think it will last a long time and will not change in the near future as long as many countries prohibit bitcoin as means of payment, so peoples prefer credit cards for their payment of online transactions. Peoples only can use bitcoin as a form of investment because it is more profitable for short term or long term.
Activity: 1792
Merit: 255
August 24, 2018, 12:02:34 AM
To become international currencies, it certainly takes a very long process and time, as we know that the main problem at the moment is the number of countries that are banned from bitcoin that hinders the development of bitcoin to become currencies.
Activity: 193
Merit: 10
August 23, 2018, 11:50:42 PM

I think no because for now bitcoin is usable for online transaction but maybe in the future when bitcoin price is stable but for now it is somehow impossible to be happened; maybe in the future when the other country use as a currency because for now they have own currency and but for now there is no chance that bitcoin to be a currency but maybe in the future; because for now the future of the bitcoin is to bright;
Bitcoin is decentralized and we couldn't just credit it to China or other countries as their currency.
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
August 23, 2018, 11:48:22 PM
I think the long-term nature of bitcoin is still a kind of asset to invest. To become a currency is another type of electronic currency with faster and cheaper deals
Pages:
Jump to: