Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin fees make me angry - page 8. (Read 2375 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
October 29, 2017, 03:29:17 AM
What the hell ?

it's way too much . i pay higher on fees than the amount i'm sending to people
and i work a lot with bitcoin on small amounts..

The best solution i found now is  pay using ETH , then convert it to BTC using changelly. (something like 0.2$ fees) and its automatic.
Shapeshift is also take huge fees and blockchain.info support it to be part of their site. (don't use) .

Another way to go about this is the timing, I have realised that the same transaction you can pay different fees at different time of the day. Just try when there will be likely to be less activities on the block chain maybe sometimes early in the morning. Also, you can just send with low fees and use one this acceleration services to boost the confirmation time. Its still to.achieve the same result at lower fee.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1043
αLPʜα αɴd ΩMeGa
October 29, 2017, 03:26:17 AM
I don't know but i have seen some sites, exchanges and wallets that has cheap transaction fees, but either if it we don't have much choice once we are using those service providers, not unless they are doing something fishy behind us, then we don't need to use it further.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
October 29, 2017, 03:22:31 AM
I am just thinking at present level if the fees seems so high then just think once it reaches 10k the fees would almost be double of what it is today. As the price of the coin keep increasing the fees would automatically be getting costlier and not cheaper. Will this bring down the users interested in btc due to its fees is what wee will need to watch out.
I doubt it would get that extreme. I think the increase is temporary. The miners should know that transactions would not make sense if being too high. users would just opt for other currencies and hold BTC without trading.

No, the increase is not temporary. Fees are essential to the network's function, and most importantly, fees are in the process of replacing block subsidy already. The supply of BTC is more then 75% mined already, and the block subsidy has halved twice. Fees need to start replacing that subsidy loss in order to incentivize miners to keep securing the network. Otherwise Bitcoin would be insecure and subject to double spending and other attacks.

In a couple years, the block subsidy will only be 6.25 BTC per block. On-chain fees need to be rising, not falling, for the chain to remain secure. This is why the future of low cost payments in Bitcoin is with the Lightning Network and sidechains, I think.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 569
October 29, 2017, 03:20:09 AM
What the hell ?

The best solution i found now is  pay using ETH , then convert it to BTC using changelly. (something like 0.2$ fees) and its automatic.
Shapeshift is also take huge fees and blockchain.info support it to be part of their site. (don't use) .

You really don't need to get worked up over that because its something you can correct and the fact that its high does not mean you have to accept it. The option of customizing fee is there where you can select the amount of fee you want to pay and it will still  confirm within reasonable time.

Another way is to ensure that since you are collecting small amount of bitcoin try as much as possible to limit the addresses you use because the number of addresses to aggregate where the sum payment is coming from is also something of concern here that goes a long in determining what will be the transaction fee.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
October 29, 2017, 03:12:27 AM
yes me also , i don.t know , some site fees $5-$7 , day by day theare fees incress  ,
Activity: 238
Merit: 102
REVOLUTIONIZING THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY
October 29, 2017, 03:06:06 AM
Keep in mind that Bitcoin's value is very high then fees do when making transactions. Don't makr transactions witl little value in it, just wait for a while until time will give you good option for fees. Other than that, you can find cheaper fees in this forum anr there's a lot of them.
Activity: 112
Verify is an Ethereum-powered Reputation protocol
October 29, 2017, 03:01:39 AM
I am just thinking at present level if the fees seems so high then just think once it reaches 10k the fees would almost be double of what it is today. As the price of the coin keep increasing the fees would automatically be getting costlier and not cheaper. Will this bring down the users interested in btc due to its fees is what wee will need to watch out.

I doubt it would get that extreme. I think the increase is temporary. The miners should know that transactions would not make sense if being too high. users would just opt for other currencies and hold BTC without trading.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000
October 29, 2017, 03:00:27 AM
What the hell ?

This is one of the bitcoin inhibitors to be applied as a mean of payment especially when we deal with small items for a relatively small price. And yes, using other alts will be considered as the best solution so far.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 536
October 29, 2017, 02:56:11 AM

I suggest you use an online wallet, it is not possible to escape from the charges, but the oflline wallets are really cruel.
Activity: 812
Merit: 142
October 29, 2017, 02:43:24 AM
Activity: 336
Merit: 11
I am no stable coin. to the mooonn.. and back
October 29, 2017, 02:39:46 AM
Yes i agree with you my friend, $4.5 is really a high fees that you paid here. Actually i think it's just a short term increment in the fees because the miners are feeling difficulty in mining and they cannot process the payments by mining, but they should not have charged this rate for facing the difficulties.I am thinking how much they would charge if the difficulty increases more than 50% which i hope is not possible for now, but in future there are chances to get increased. I have even paid $13 of fees for sending 0.39 of bitcoin to my client, which is too high for me Lips sealed don't know howto reduce this type of work?
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
October 29, 2017, 12:54:08 AM
What the hell ?

The best solution i found now is  pay using ETH , then convert it to BTC using changelly. (something like 0.2$ fees) and its automatic.

Is it on a third party wallet or a private key wallet? I dont think a private key wallet could have such a high fees for medium transactions I myself has been doing transactions everyday with just 0.5 USD fees only day when it took too much time was on fork day.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
October 29, 2017, 12:51:24 AM
high bitcoin fees make all of us angry but sadly "Fee" is a necessary evil that needs to be there. it is like a mechanism preventing spam attacks. and right now there is another big one going on. increasing fees and ending up at a high fee is not just for you and me, it is also affecting the attacker making the spam attack more and more costly every step of the way. which means they can not keep up the attack forever.

p.s. please try to always report your fee as (satoshi or bitcoin) per (byte or kilo byte) that makes the fee more meaningful than when you just say the amount in bitcoin or satoshi or worse in USD!
Activity: 154
October 29, 2017, 12:46:21 AM
its nothing new about trasaction fee. we have no choice and we have nothing to do just accept that higher fee. i search the wallet that low fee transaction and almost wallet is the same fee..
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032
All I know is that I know nothing.
October 29, 2017, 12:20:48 AM
you can combine all the payments into one transaction to save time and fee.
you can also use an altcoin which had really low fee not some altcoin that already has high fee like ETH. use litecoin for example.

The best solution i found now is  pay using ETH , then convert it to BTC using changelly. (something like 0.2$ fees) and its automatic.
i am curious to know how you "pay with eth". nowhere really accepts ETH as payment. unless you are paying someone for some job they did and forcing them to accept it.
and also ETH has one of the highest fees altcoins can have.
compare to it other altcoins have much lower fees. why not choose one of them?
Activity: 1876
Merit: 289
Zawardo
October 28, 2017, 11:25:15 PM
well me too bitcoin fees makes me mad that's why I never send a small amount bitcoin in external wallet sites just because of fees bitcoin price keeps increase so the fees increase also. I'm afraid that some people will never use bitcoin because of fee they will find another coin with small transaction fee.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
October 28, 2017, 10:48:26 PM
I guess that does not just happen to you. but, almost all of us are also experiencing the same thing. well, we can not do anything, because the smaller the fee that is issued, the longer the transaction you feel. maybe, the transaction you make will be faster because of the high fee you get.
Activity: 241
Merit: 100
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
October 28, 2017, 10:46:39 PM
Large shipping charges are charged on very fast delivery of transaction time, it's all option if you will send in a very short time then you are charged a large fee but if you are willing to wait with longer delivery time then you are charged more shipping low.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 502
October 28, 2017, 10:45:36 PM
It happens to me most of the time and what i do in that situation wherein fees his very high i just delay my transaction. What i mean by delay is instead sending the Bitcoin now i will cancel it and check again later if how much the fee. Do the transaction if you see the fee is better after checking it again.
Activity: 115
Get your share of the future
October 28, 2017, 10:41:31 PM
Butcoin transaction fees is depend on the amount that we want to send, isn't it?  So I think if you send a lot of bitcoin the fee will be very high.
Pages:
Jump to: