Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Flag Going to Space. YES Space the final frontier - page 5. (Read 8479 times)

Activity: 601
Merit: 500
Vote 4fryn :)
wut da ef?
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
No one else smells a scam here?
Not enough experienced members viewed it I guess..
Whenever I see a new member asking for donations to his project, I smell a scam.

I'm not saying that this is a scam, I hope that this project becomes a success, but we will see.
I am no New member . Been around Bitcoin scene for  3 years. Been lurking on this forum for around they same time. I  had nothing to say tell now. This mission has brought me out and forced me to engage the community.
My website bicoinsniper.com has been  helping for years helping new people find bitcoin. The website provides a place for people to compare ASIC devices. It gets thousands of visits a day. I would not risk my Websites REP over a scam
Whenever I see a new member asking for donations to his project, I smell a scam.

I'm not saying that this is a scam, I hope that this project becomes a success, but we will see.
I am no New member . Been around Bitcoin scene for  3 years. Been lurking on this forum for around they same time. I  had nothing to say tell now. This mission has brought me out and forced me to engage the community.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
Moon coin to the Moon, most Bitcoin users would be starting to hoard Mooncoin, can't be long now.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.

Activity: 551
Merit: 500
i'll cya up there .... let me know when to leave the moon Wink
Looks like an elaborate scam to me.

I'm not so sure about the 'elaborate' part.

This reminds me of the kids who wanted to launch a communications satellite to counter the threat of an internet kill switch on one of the threads here.  Hell, it couldn't cost more than a million bucks could it?

That said, it does seem that some young and low budget folks did some kind of cool stuff and impressive stuff with a balloon one time iirc.

I promise you this launch will be he largest Mainstream push for BTC in 2014. This mission is going to be a neural handshake to the masses welcoming them to the Bitcoin family . That's all we need to do is put it into space post video to YouTube and let Fox news and the rest work for us from their. So far we have two donations . We will see their graphic logos on the shuttle next to the bitcoin flag. Thank you again for your donations but we have a ways to go before launch. If you believe in Bitcoin and share in my desire to reach the masses consider a donation. Thank you all in advance
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
Looks like an elaborate scam to me.

I'm not so sure about the 'elaborate' part.

This reminds me of the kids who wanted to launch a communications satellite to counter the threat of an internet kill switch on one of the threads here.  Hell, it couldn't cost more than a million bucks could it?

That said, it does seem that some young and low budget folks did some kind of cool stuff and impressive stuff with a balloon one time iirc.

As a kid I always DREAMED of being an astronaut .When I got older the passion never faded. Even though I may never travel to space .I can always send my personal cameras in space and get a glimpse of the unknown. A small glimpse into the void. The things we hold as value here on earth GOLD, Fiat, and yes bitcoin. There is a wealth in knowledge up there amongst the stars. As a species we need to get our priorities in check and start looking to the stars for real wealth. We must trying to reach into space and expand our species footprint in this universe and others. I do believe Bitcoin or its predecessors will be the currency in space. Mathematics is the language of the universe thus communication between other life forms not of the earth would be relatively easy within ones and zero’s.
I also believe that the real value of the future will be life. The ability to live thousands of years. We use wealth to better our lives but really deep down isn’t the overall goal is life extension?
After this mission is complete . WE will go to the moon
I ran across this project, which involves using a solar sail to send a cubesat into lunar orbit.  We could put a Bitcoin flag on the moon Smiley

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/aresinstituteinc/lunarsail-the-worlds-first-crowdsourced-solar-sail
I love that Idea. We can START Now
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Knowledge is Power
In B4 aliens send us 1 trillion space dollars and make every one a billionaire

Umm close encounter of the "what are you talking about" kind

legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
I ran across this project, which involves using a solar sail to send a cubesat into lunar orbit.  We could put a Bitcoin flag on the moon Smiley

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/aresinstituteinc/lunarsail-the-worlds-first-crowdsourced-solar-sail

Umm close encounter of the "what are you talking about" kind
Activity: 280
Knowledge is Power
No. this mission is about bringing Bitcoin into the light . Not casting a dark shadow over it with more negative publicity. We as a community must help overcome the negative stigmas attached to Bitcoin mainly in part by silk road ect.

You do know the history and reasoning behind peer2peer technologies?

Torrents = Designed from the beginning for copyright content.
Bitcoin = Designed from the beginning for illegal/anonymous transactions.

The bright eyed/bushy tailed people like you can try all you want to push BTC for legal purposes but like lawful torrents, those lawful purposes will always play second string.

The problem is not a lack of knowledge about BTC, it is a lack of advantage for the consumer.
Most people get paid in fiat, and fiat is accepted for anything they need.
There is little incentive to convert that fiat to BTC so you can stand in a store scanning a qr code or creating a qr code to send some money(the consumer pays the fee for the privilege to be inconvenienced during checkout.)

Just want more from Bitcoin than its past. I look to the future and hope it can be more . Yes , I hear you about the Darker side of BTC and that's ok. That's the Great thing about it. It is so universal it can be one thing to you and another for me but even though we share different views .We are sill united together behind Bitcoin. Its like both of us liking the color Blue . One may like Navy blue and one like sky blue . We still both like blue  Cheesy
Activity: 392
No. this mission is about bringing Bitcoin into the light . Not casting a dark shadow over it with more negative publicity. We as a community must help overcome the negative stigmas attached to Bitcoin mainly in part by silk road ect.

You do know the history and reasoning behind peer2peer technologies?

Torrents = Designed from the beginning for copyright content.
Bitcoin = Designed from the beginning for illegal/anonymous transactions.

The bright eyed/bushy tailed people like you can try all you want to push BTC for legal purposes but like lawful torrents, those lawful purposes will always play second string.

The problem is not a lack of knowledge about BTC, it is a lack of advantage for the consumer.
Most people get paid in fiat, and fiat is accepted for anything they need.
There is little incentive to convert that fiat to BTC so you can stand in a store scanning a qr code or creating a qr code to send some money(the consumer pays the fee for the privilege to be inconvenienced during checkout.)
Cannot be offensive or in any way reflect badly on Bitcoin
Is "Americans will destroy you!" in traditional Chinese considered offensive?
If I donate 1 satoshi, what size font do I get?

Could I get "Sell your sister and her stash on Silkroad 2.0 get BTC!!!"
I was mostly joking from the getgo.

Activity: 392
Cannot be offensive or in any way reflect badly on Bitcoin
Is "Americans will destroy you!" in traditional Chinese considered offensive?
If I donate 1 satoshi, what size font do I get?

Could I get "Sell your sister and her stash on Silkroad 2.0 get BTC!!!"
I was mostly joking from the getgo.
How much to put this on the flag "美國將毀壞您!"?

Donate how ever much you like . The more you donate the larger I can make it on the shuttle. Thank you in advance for supporting this project . Do you just want TEXT or a graphical Logo. What does that mean? Cannot be offensive or in any way reflect badly on Bitcoin
Pages:
Jump to: