Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin gift to wife on wedding. - page 5. (Read 1140 times)

Activity: 2044
Merit: 323
June 15, 2023, 01:04:15 PM
You may consider gifting her Bitcoin, if you're looking for a unique and forward-thinking gift. While it may not be the traditional choice, if your wife is tech-minded and values financial goals and interests, she definitely appreciate such a gift.

Of course, it's true that many women enjoy gifts like clothes, gold, or jewelry ornaments, but ultimately it's the sentiment and thought behind a gift that matter most.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 126
June 15, 2023, 12:34:54 PM
If your future wife is into cryptocurrency, she will surely be grateful of your gift but if she's clueless about it and still got no idea about Bitcoin works especially if it's illegal in your country, you better buy her something that will surely catch her interest. Bitcoin is actually a good present idea but not everyone will appreciate it, to be honest.
Before I got married, me and my husband were already into the crypto industry but we didn't touch our Bitcoin investment until now. We had our assets shared and we had a co-ownership on it. However, not all women are into crypto unless you would educate your girlfriend as early as possible about the importance of Bitcoin investment so if you'll give Bitcoin as a wedding present, she'll know how to handle it. If you are having doubts, better give her something that she can treasure and value wholeheartedly as a woman.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 879
Rollbit.com ⚔️Crypto Futures
June 15, 2023, 12:24:08 PM
I would have easily said not the perfect gift for a wife!

But then again, we can not profile every wife to be in this bracket as everyone has their own unique interests, habits, likes  and what not...and Bitcoin being a type of money this wouldn't be a bad gift for the tech savvy women, unlike those that are just into posh cars ,clothes, diamonds etc
But in this time and age its unfortunate most still do not not know what this is all about, but it should be worth a try to see if the women know about cryprocurrencies such as Bitcoin  Smiley
Activity: 2478
Merit: 644
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
June 15, 2023, 12:18:17 PM
You are a student as well as a bitcoin holder so it is appreciable and also you desires to find a good job which implies that you don't depend on bitcoin completely which is also a good feature.

I think that you should give your wife a gift which she knows well, bitcoin is famous asset but all females are not aware of it and if your wife does not know about bitcoin she will consider it as a useless thing.

one cannot understand the benefits of bitcoin quickly, it will take time so I will suggest that give another wedding gift to your wife and if you want to make her bitcoin holder then first teach him about it after that she will easily understand the value of bitcoin.
Activity: 728
Merit: 421
June 15, 2023, 11:24:28 AM
From the looks, OP said bitcoin is illegal in their country and possibly op is doing bitcoin trading or investment in secret way so the government can not come for OP. If OP would say that he would gift his wife as a surprise gift then it is assumed that OP wife is not aware OP does bitcoin trading and possibly she does not know much or anything about bitcoin.  I think if OP does not do the needful by educating his wife about bitcoin then I think his wife might definitely not know the importance and value attached to bitcoin and would definitely not care about the gift.
OP can invest for his wife on bitcoin then possibly buy a gift for his wife while he keeps  the bitcoin investment a secret from his wife and concentrate on teaching her to know and broaden her knowledge about bitcoin before giving her the surprise bitcoin gift.
That would be very much romantic OP.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
June 15, 2023, 10:08:13 AM
Think of it this way, if you want to involve your wife in something that is still illegal in your country, that's not a very good move. You may cause problems and it may affect your relationship, because it depends on how your wife sees this as an investment or an asset. You didn't mention any views on your wife, so it might not be as good as we hoped.

Maybe invest your money from your bitcoins into something memorable for you and your wife. It would make a better wedding gift than bitcoin itself.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 787
Jack of all trades 💯
June 15, 2023, 10:00:55 AM
If you really think that your wife is going to appreciate such a thoughtless gift like Bitcoin, you are totally wrong. Liquidate the Bitcoin and get something that would be special to her.

I am all for giving Bitcoin as gifts to people where cash would also be appropriate, like birthdays, christmas, and holidays like this...but on a wedding? Really man? The same thing is saying "here is some cash go and buy bitcoin". The only difference is that you bought it. It's a terrible idea and I don't think you should do it unless you want to potentially upset your wife off with a gift that is so thoughtless and non-personal.

She will not appreciate it if she didn't use bitcoin nor participate on any activaty which involve bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Much really better to liquidate that and buy all what he like since physical gifts are most appreciated by girls. I really appreciate those guys trying to involve their wife on Bitcoin so maybe they should see first if our wife is interested to learn about it and teach her if he's really willing to take a risk also ready to get stress on market activity.
Activity: 350
Merit: 218
June 15, 2023, 10:00:27 AM
Thank you all very much. everyone gave me a lot of good advice. Many people say don't gift your wife bitcoins. Anyway after marriage I will give my wife a good idea about Bitcoin. If he understands, I will consider giving away half of my investment in bitcoins. And I'll ask my wife if she's happy with Bitcoin.
Thank you all.
Activity: 952
Merit: 642
Magic
June 15, 2023, 08:32:14 AM
I don't understand how people here can be this negative about gifting bitcoin. Yes it is usually not the easiest to convert bitcoin back into fiat if you don't know what you are doing, but if you get somebody bitcoin the will have a huge incentive to figure that out. For that reason I would recommend to gift only a small amount in bitcoin and not the whole amount. Simply generate a paper wallet for that and redeem like this:

Obtain a digital wallet: Choose a reputable cryptocurrency wallet that supports the specific cryptocurrency stored in your paper wallet.
Install and set up the wallet: Download and install the chosen wallet software or app. Follow the instructions to set up a new wallet account.
Access the wallet's "Import" or "Add Funds" feature: Locate the option within your wallet to import or add funds from an external source.
Import the private key: Depending on the wallet, you will have different methods to import the private key from your paper wallet. It may involve scanning a QR code if available, manually typing the private key, or using an import feature specifically designed for paper wallets.
Confirm the import and balance: Once the private key is successfully imported, the wallet should display the balance associated with the paper wallet address. Verify that the balance matches your expectations.
Transfer funds if desired: If you wish to move the funds from the paper wallet to another address or exchange, use the wallet's "Send" or "Transfer" function to initiate a transaction. Enter the recipient's address and the amount you want to send, then follow the prompts to complete the transaction.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1036
6.25 ---> 3.125
June 15, 2023, 08:30:30 AM
If you really think that your wife is going to appreciate such a thoughtless gift like Bitcoin, you are totally wrong. Liquidate the Bitcoin and get something that would be special to her.

I am all for giving Bitcoin as gifts to people where cash would also be appropriate, like birthdays, christmas, and holidays like this...but on a wedding? Really man? The same thing is saying "here is some cash go and buy bitcoin". The only difference is that you bought it. It's a terrible idea and I don't think you should do it unless you want to potentially upset your wife off with a gift that is so thoughtless and non-personal.

If you want to involve Bitcoin with your wife, set up a joint portfolio and enjoy managing it together after you're comfortable with doing so after you're married.
Activity: 784
Merit: 366
Underestimate- nothing
June 15, 2023, 08:28:20 AM
Although I still studied, I invested a small amount in Bitcoin. I will get married if I get a good job. Many people give many things to their wives as wedding gifts, I have a different plan. I am planning to gift bitcoin to my wife on her wedding day. Bitcoin is still illegal in my country so I invested with caution. On my wedding day I want to gift half of my investment to my wife.
Should I gift bitcoin to my wife? I want your advice

The question now does your wife have an idea about Bitcoin the idea you can know whether she going to value it or not, women can be very funny since the only thing they are attached to is material things cloths and bags, and I think gifting her is still not a bad idea at all since it involves money, she would not mind learning about and spending the bitcoin, and another thing is that I feel you should observe her first before concluding to make that decision of sharing half of you wealth, women are always full of surprice before they will run with your money. be wise bro. Grin
Activity: 882
Merit: 457
June 15, 2023, 08:05:51 AM

I do not know where you have thoughts like that. But I think that's not quite right. In your country bitcoin is still illegal, is it safe to give bitcoin to your wife who doesn't know about bitcoin?

I think it's better for you to give something that can be remembered in old age. As a symbol of marriage. Such as rings, jewelry, diamonds, or gems. I don't think I will give bitcoins to people who don't know anything about bitcoins. I think that's a bad move
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1036
Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks
June 14, 2023, 11:16:14 PM
Although I still studied, I invested a small amount in Bitcoin. I will get married if I get a good job. Many people give many things to their wives as wedding gifts, I have a different plan. I am planning to gift bitcoin to my wife on her wedding day. Bitcoin is still illegal in my country so I invested with caution. On my wedding day I want to gift half of my investment to my wife.
I don't know if it's only in our country, but there is this thing called Conjugal property which has a definition of this: LINK
conjugal properties aren’t limited to houses and real estate investments. “It includes those obtained or acquired by either or both of the spouses from their work or profession, or income from the exclusive property of a spouse among others
Obviously, this applies to our country, but the point is whenever both the couple are married already, all of the belongings of both the men, and the women will be owned by both of them already. That includes anything from income, to expenses, to assets etc. and that includes Bitcoin. The question is, why bother giving your "future" wife a gift where in fact you will be marrying her in the future. It's complete nonsense if you will give him that kind of gift where in fact, both of you own that Bitcoin already.

I mean I don't know if it's a good idea or not that you will be giving your "future" wife Bitcoin especially knowing that Bitcoin is illegal in your country, but it would be better if you will just give him another kind of gift. Like a travel maybe? Or whatever it is.

You also said stated that you will give your "future" wife Bitcoin "IF YOU GET A GOOD JOB" meaning currently you aren't have one yet. Maybe it would be better if you find a stable job first before marrying your partner (if you have).
Activity: 826
Merit: 104
June 14, 2023, 04:58:05 PM
If your wife shows a genuine interest and demonstrates a solid understanding of Bitcoin, then you might consider giving her Bitcoin as a gift. Your decision should be based on her comfort level and enthusiasm for the property. However, by ensuring that your wife has a good background in Bitcoin, you can educate her on the topic and provide resources for her to learn more. This will help her develop a discerning perspective and determine her level of interest in Bitcoin. Therefore, giving Bitcoin makes the most sense and is most beneficial when the recipient is really interested in and knowledgeable about cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 966
Merit: 701
June 14, 2023, 04:48:28 PM
You know bitcoin is illegal in your country and yet you want to disclose you own bitcoin in such public setting. Unless you want to celebrate your honeymoon in a jail cell, I suggest you refrain from gifting your spouse bitcoin in public. Apart from the law, there are other reasons why you should not let people know about your bitcoin affairs, you never know who may get wind of this information and want to harm you.

If you were living in a country where bitcoin is legal, I still wouldn’t suggest bitcoin as a wedding gift. You can buy your wife expensive jewelry, she can wear it proudly and will love you dearly for it. Stop overthinking things, that’s no way to please a woman.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1566
June 14, 2023, 04:38:41 PM
Funancial gifts at a wedding come from friends and family, but from the husband or wife it should be something special. Financially is tied after the marriage, so you give yourself the half od the half, or with the marriage your assets are shared with her. Give her something that nobody will give her because nobody knows what she really wants, that is a valuable gift... it doesnt have to cost a lot of money.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 348
June 14, 2023, 04:21:55 PM
@OP why not finish your study first get a job and serve your family first for some years before getting married.  Give back something to your parents for their perseverance in supporting you to finish your study.  Don't be selfish and self-centered planning to get married asap after you get a stable job.  Give time to support your family with your hard earned money as respect and being grateful for their continuous support. 

And before gifting your future wife, you should try to find a beautiful gift to your parents as sign of gratitude.  May it be a Bitcoin or whatever.  Then after you done those service for your parents then find a girl to married and gift her Bitcoin as many as you wanted.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1643
Verified Bitcoin Hodler
June 14, 2023, 03:33:48 PM

That sounds like a very romantic thing, especially to a Bitcoiner. However you should make sure that your future wife has the same Bitcoin mindset as you, otherwise she might not see it as a romantic gesture. Although there are always ways to make it seem as such ( for example you can tell her it's your future children's school funds).

Ask yourself if gifting money is frowned upon, in your country/culture before you decide on anything.

Good luck  Grin
Activity: 1316
Merit: 253
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
June 14, 2023, 03:28:31 PM
I think you should think carefully before giving bitcoin as a wedding gift. By your acceptance, understanding, and willingness to actually hold your wife's Bitcoin for a long time. In addition, when considering the legal status of Bitcoin in your country, you should assess the potential risks and implications for both of you if she discloses or makes the gift public. Make sure that you are both comfortable with the decision and aware of the potential challenges involved, such as storage, security, and privacy. In my opinion, it is still a good idea to consider alternative gift options that match your wife's preferences and your country's legal framework. It can be a meaningful and memorable gift without the risks and complications.
Activity: 700
Merit: 544
June 14, 2023, 01:06:06 PM

If your wife understands the importance of bitcoin, giving her one as a gift will be wonderful and very appreciated. However, since you mentioned that using Bitcoin is against the law in your country, I won't ever advise you to do so. She might bring it up with some of her closest friends and family members, and from there, it might be revealed that you and your wife are using Bitcoin, which, as you mentioned, is illegal in your country. This could get you into trouble because you are breaking the law by using Bitcoin.

Op In my opinion, there are other gift you can give your wife on the day of your wedding that she would truly like, such as jewelry, gold, or something else you think she always wanted. Allow your wife to settle in your home before getting her bitcoin, even if you want her to be a bitcoiner. If you want to surprise her, you may do it on her birthday after the wedding.
Pages:
Jump to: