Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Gold (BTG) - page 63. (Read 104204 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 103
November 19, 2017, 11:40:28 AM
Finally managed to sell my 5 BTG at HiBTC for 115$ before it goes 2 digit. In exchange got 14 NEO. Way to go.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 347
November 19, 2017, 08:49:36 AM
While solving this problem...  it is not easier to use the android wallet? why you didnt want use it?

I dont trust Android. I'm a heavy desktop user.
Activity: 364
Merit: 41
November 19, 2017, 08:46:21 AM
While solving this problem...  it is not easier to use the android wallet? why you didnt want use it?
Activity: 1400
Merit: 347
November 19, 2017, 08:36:37 AM
Hi, I'm trying to synch BTG in another Windows. I've had copied the blockchain from the bitcoin QT folders, until the month of september, to fasten the synching process.

However, it seems BTG QT is not recognizing it, as it started to synch from zero, and rewrote blk00000, which was 131mb in QT and now have 16mb in BTG blockchain folder.

What to do?

Also, I want to know if BTG is using the same registry data as bitcoin Core, in Windows.
Activity: 364
Merit: 41
November 19, 2017, 08:12:03 AM
I think, the price btg will growes in few month. Dont FUD just mine this shtcoin and save it for a moment^) and meditate )
Activity: 768
Merit: 1000
November 19, 2017, 07:09:29 AM
Bitcoin Gold is a fork of the Bitcoin blockchain.  Bitcoin Gold miners will begin creating blocks with a new proof-of-work algorithm, and this will cause a bifurcation of the Bitcoin blockchain. The original Bitcoin blockchain will continue on unaltered, but a new branch of the blockchain will split off from the original chain. The new branch is a distinct blockchain with the same transaction history as Bitcoin up until the fork, but then diverges from it. As a result of this process, a new cryptocurrency is born.
Activity: 238
Merit: 40
First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre
November 19, 2017, 06:57:20 AM
btg is totally scam coin, do not try to check or claim your btg if you don't know how, there is priv key stealing wallet going around if you use it your btc and btg and probably other alt coin will be taken by the scammer
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113
November 19, 2017, 06:47:49 AM
i sent my BTG to HitBTC. but they did not arrive. and according to http://btgexp.com still no confirmation because no block was found since i sent them.
Exactly, same here, sent, they show up there but do not get confirmed.

i was able to sell my BTG on hitbtc. ledger did a really good job be providing the splitting tool.
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
November 19, 2017, 06:40:52 AM
Ledger nano-S wallet recommendation:

With all the talk on wallets that properly support BTG, I'd like to add (especially if you're one the fence about buying one), that Ledger Nano fully supports the BTG blockchain (with warnings about the chain been unproven and unstable). They have been great about offering immediate support to all the forks as they evolved.

It will give you a simple to access reliable wallet to mine to.
Activity: 238
November 19, 2017, 06:14:03 AM
As I know only Bitfiniex and Yobit gave Bitcoin Gold to their members ? On Bittrex I have not recieved it yet. And the price dump down very well from 540$ already.

Same with me, but no one can predict the future I guest, the price may go up again very soon for BTG.
November 19, 2017, 05:29:08 AM
i sent my BTG to HitBTC. but they did not arrive. and according to http://btgexp.com still no confirmation because no block was found since i sent them.
Exactly, same here, sent, they show up there but do not get confirmed.
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
November 19, 2017, 05:21:07 AM
As I know only Bitfiniex and Yobit gave Bitcoin Gold to their members ? On Bittrex I have not recieved it yet. And the price dump down very well from 540$ already.
legendary
November 19, 2017, 05:19:35 AM
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
November 19, 2017, 05:19:22 AM
few exchange support BTG, I don't like this one, premine team is dishonest.
Activity: 66
November 19, 2017, 05:15:29 AM
crytopia exchange and some exchange not support bitcoin gold , i didn't receive any BTG , but with yobit exchange  support BTG .

the BTG price so cheap  . i will buy it .
November 19, 2017, 05:12:16 AM
It appears that deposits are possible at HiBTC. Still did not get through though, and I haven't found a working blockchain explorer. That coins is really a pain in the arse.
legendary
November 19, 2017, 04:50:45 AM
I finally managed after 1 1/2 days to get my BTG into my local 150GB wallet.

Looking at exchanges there are huge differences in prices asked. Coinnest (Korea) being no.1 followed by Binance and Yobit.

While the first needs ID verification that I'm still waiting for, neither Binance nor Yobit allow BTG deposits. So this is still all a smokescreen.

i missed to dump my coins. i will wait for the next pump. in the meantime maybe some new exchanges will allow trading.

As Madmag above you mentions, unless you had Bitcoin on an exchange already, you can't dump even if you want to!
That is why the big pump is especially stupid, it was just as BTG was starting, but you could pretty much only buy, so guess which way the price went?

Now miners will be sitting on BTG too, so the incoming dump when exchanges start to allow deposits will be even bigger than it otherwise would have been.
I expect a sub $50 price, it might rebound afterwards, but that $400 price isn't coming back when the markets are actually open for selling.

you are right. they wont have enough BTC to pump the price like the BTC-Cash gang did.

i just sent all my BTG stored on my ledger to an exchange. i will change them to BTC. and after i that i wont look back.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
November 19, 2017, 04:42:25 AM

Looking at exchanges there are huge differences in prices asked. Coinnest (Korea) being no.1 followed by Binance and Yobit.

While the first needs ID verification that I'm still waiting for, neither Binance nor Yobit allow BTG deposits. So this is still all a smokescreen.

i missed to dump my coins. i will wait for the next pump. in the meantime maybe some new exchanges will allow trading.

As Madmag above you mentions, unless you had Bitcoin on an exchange already, you can't dump even if you want to!
That is why the big pump is especially stupid, it was just as BTG was starting, but you could pretty much only buy, so guess which way the price went?

Now miners will be sitting on BTG too, so the incoming dump when exchanges start to allow deposits will be even bigger than it otherwise would have been.
I expect a sub $50 price, it might rebound afterwards, but that $400 price isn't coming back when the markets are actually open for selling.
legendary
November 19, 2017, 04:32:44 AM

November 19, 2017, 03:40:36 AM

Pages:
Jump to: