Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Gold (BTG) - page 60. (Read 104204 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 17
EFFECT.AI▲Decentralized network for A.I
November 20, 2017, 08:22:47 PM
Looks like this window of opportunity on Bittrex closed.

Why are there still no desktop wallets for Bitcoin Gold?
Activity: 476
Merit: 259
November 20, 2017, 08:19:59 PM
any working block explorer? How fast are the block times?

I would recommend btgexp.com but keep in your mind that at first you have to convert your bitcoin public address into a bitcoin gold address in order to find your balance at the bitcoin gold explorer.

There are no many nodes connected to the bitcoin gold network so there may be some delays at presenting data on the site, other then that the explorer is working as a swiss charm.

Seems like last few hours we can see a lot of traffic moving through the bitcoin gold blockchain as bittrex adds bitcoin gold and now enables trading pairs BTG/USDT and BTG/BTC.
Activity: 348
Merit: 119
November 20, 2017, 08:08:31 PM
did btg are still bad to mine ? profit calc is on the moon compared to what is it for real
when i test it i had 0.035~ from a day intead of 0.9 /day from profit calc estimation
different pool got same bad result
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
November 20, 2017, 07:55:40 PM
How long do BTG transactions take on average?

i sent mine 46 minutes ago to bittrex. it just cleared 10 confirmations.
Thx
Can't BTG be withdrawn from Bitfinex?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
November 20, 2017, 07:55:01 PM

i sent mine 46 minutes ago to bittrex. it just cleared 10 confirmations. it's gonna be very interesting to see how quickly hitbtc and bittrex level out. and i find it very strange bittrex didn't have a btg market for coins already in there. maybe there was, i didn't notice.
Activity: 158
November 20, 2017, 07:50:08 PM
Activity: 697
Merit: 520
November 20, 2017, 07:38:55 PM
BTC/BTG pair available at Bittrex.

it's accepting deposits yet the price is nearly 3x higher than hitbtc. what gives?

My guess: lack of Bittrex liquidity + new market added = short term spike. I think that traders on Bittrex anticipated that the BTG market being added to the largest altcoin exchange is bullish for BTG.

However, I'm guessing those that just bought above 0.09 BTC will never recover those losses. This is why you should never fomo into altcoins on thin liquidity. More often than not, you will get burned really badly.

Gotta love this volatility. Price rose more than 4x and then dropped more than 2x, all in less than 3 hours. Welcome to crypto! Grin
Activity: 601
Merit: 503
November 20, 2017, 07:36:54 PM
any working block explorer? How fast are the block times?
Activity: 588
Merit: 264
November 20, 2017, 07:28:38 PM

i can confirm !
Activity: 602
Merit: 107
November 20, 2017, 07:23:05 PM
Bitcoin Gold is still trading 50% below price on HitBTC and Bitfinex https://coincodex.com/crypto/bitcoin-gold/
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
Put it all on the line and go for broke
November 20, 2017, 07:17:41 PM
has anyone tried mining this coin yet? Did they make a working wallet yet? If they can do these things it might build up their credibility.
Activity: 224
Merit: 106
November 20, 2017, 07:10:46 PM

0.065 BTC/1 BTG
533$ = 1BTG  Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
November 20, 2017, 06:46:05 PM

it's accepting deposits yet the price is nearly 3x higher than hitbtc. what gives?
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
November 20, 2017, 06:02:56 PM
Can someone here explain if one could already claim their bitcoin gold if they use electrum? 

You have to go via Coinomi - and it may not be worth the cost. My blog here for how I sold mine: https://bitcoin-investors.co.uk/2017/11/how-to-claim-your-bitcoin-gold/
Activity: 374
Merit: 101
November 20, 2017, 06:01:28 PM
Activity: 203
November 20, 2017, 05:30:31 PM
Will this affect the BTC wallets just like BCH?

Yes, Bittrex just began to replace BTC by Bitcoin Gold. First of all it was airdrops but this the beginning only. We will see all its fork create a chaos for ordinary traders, investors and other people working in cryptocurrency.  Huh

What do you mean replacement of BTC by BTG? Please explain. There is no such replacement on bittrex.

They will credited or already have creditd your BTG to your account, that's all. They're not changing anything about BTC on the platform.
Activity: 454
Merit: 251
November 20, 2017, 05:21:49 PM
And I would never trust such online service like Coinomi with my private key worth a lot of real money.

Well, it's just Bgold. Obviously you should move your BTC to new addresses and then sweep empty addresses into Coinomi to extract the Bgold. Frankly, I trust Coinomi more than the BTG core wallet. The BTG devs were so careless that they didn't rename directory files; apparently some people lost real BTC by having their wallet.dat written over.

Can someone here explain if one could already claim their bitcoin gold if they use electrum? 

1) Check which of your addresses held BTC at the UTXO snapshot.
2) Move BTC to new addresses you control (in Electrum), so the addresses holding BTG are now separated.
3) Sweep BTG into Coinomi wallet. Send BTG to exchange and sell.

Note: I'm actually not sure this works for multi-signature addresses. You might need to use the core wallet if your coins were in multi-sig addresses during the snapshot.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 186
November 20, 2017, 05:07:35 PM
Activity: 560
November 20, 2017, 04:58:32 PM
BitGo was the first one to introduce Bitcoin Cash wallet and remains by far the most popular service. Ever since such well-known companies like Coinbase refused to support Bitcoin Cash, BitGo benefited from enormous demand by integrating a user-friendly BCH interface.

Trezor is best known for its highly secure hardware. It also provides its users with the most advanced standards in cryptography and Bitcoin. It has an easy interface which has a quick set-up.

BTC.com launched Bitcoin Cash wallet platform on August 4, 2017. It developed a simple-to-use interface, and the platform itself is highly secure. For the users who created their Bitcoin wallets before the hard fork on the 1st of August, BTC.com has added Bitcoin Cash wallets automatically. The BCG wallet can be accessed within your same Bitcoin wallet.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
November 20, 2017, 04:56:52 PM

I think its good to have some BTG just in case but, it is better to switch rig to another more stable coin
Pages:
Jump to: