Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Gold (BTG) - page 64. (Read 104204 times)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
November 19, 2017, 12:44:22 AM
Most people are expecting btcgold to sell them in a moment, if they have the currency in an exchange that does not allow their quote they can send them to the exchanges that if like Hitbtc, yobit, bleutrade and sell them there. I doubt they find people who hold this coin, there is not much confidence in it
i guess most people dont care what bch and btg are, they only care how much profit they can gain from these two coins
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
November 19, 2017, 12:39:58 AM
Most people are expecting btcgold to sell them in a moment, if they have the currency in an exchange that does not allow their quote they can send them to the exchanges that if like Hitbtc, yobit, bleutrade and sell them there. I doubt they find people who hold this coin, there is not much confidence in it
Activity: 462
Merit: 263
The devil is in the detail.
November 18, 2017, 11:59:20 PM
Sold BitcoinCash too early, sticking with this one for now ..

LOL, another N00b account shilling not to dump this garbage. LOL

BTG==Scam
BCH==True Fork with utility

They should not even be used in the same sentence, and I don't even support BCH over BTC.

Wow, one scam (BCH) calling another scam (BTG) a scam LOL.
Activity: 238
November 18, 2017, 10:17:34 PM

BTG==Scam

They should not even be used in the same sentence, and I don't even support BCH over BTC.

I havent received any BTG on Bittrex. Dont need to put so much trust in a coin if you are a jumper. BTG is good for short term trading though.

Activity: 199
Mercy
November 18, 2017, 10:03:37 PM
The net is already launched, but I guess not all exchange support it.
Even I still don't yet get the BTG until now
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
November 18, 2017, 09:52:39 PM
I use electrum.  When and how can we claim our bitcoin gold?

Do not claim your bitcoin gold yet, even their official wallet is stealing private key this project is really scam in a global scale

https://medium.com/@EmreEkrem/as-almost-everyone-in-the-crypto-world-knows-after-segwit-there-appeared-too-many-forks-bitcoin-fee1c07e90d

Right, wait until the devs finish dumping. Just move your coins from the wallet and then sell the BTG people. Who cares if they steal an empty wallet? Dump it before the scammers do.
Activity: 238
Merit: 40
First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre
November 18, 2017, 09:17:54 PM
I use electrum.  When and how can we claim our bitcoin gold?

Do not claim your bitcoin gold yet, even their official wallet is stealing private key this project is really scam in a global scale

https://medium.com/@EmreEkrem/as-almost-everyone-in-the-crypto-world-knows-after-segwit-there-appeared-too-many-forks-bitcoin-fee1c07e90d
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 3514
born once atheist
November 18, 2017, 09:12:08 PM

BY the way, there is an actual legitimate coin coming out called AngelToken and you should click my signature to learn more about it. It is going to be huge!

oh please...
so sick of these absurd money grabbing icos. everyday 10 frikkin new ones come out. same old same old. what a joke. all scams.
Just invest in bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
November 18, 2017, 08:17:17 PM

BTG==Scam

legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 3514
born once atheist
November 18, 2017, 07:51:07 PM
Ledger just made BTG available on the Ledger wallet.
It took me like all of 2 minutes to split off. I just got gifted my coins. Sweet!!
Thanx Ledger Team. You made it easy peezy!! 
free money (again)... Jeezus I love crypto!
Activity: 454
Merit: 251
November 18, 2017, 07:36:58 PM
I use electrum.  When and how can we claim our bitcoin gold?

Which version of Electrum do you use? If you use a standard wallet from version 2.9 or earlier (so your addresses appear as 1xxxxx), then you can use the Coinomi wallet to extract your BTG.

First and foremost, move your coins to new addresses under your control and wait for confirmation. You don't want to risk sweeping keys that still have BTC in them. Once that is done, you can open Coinomi and sweep the original private keys (which now have 0 BTC) into the BTG wallet.

Very possible it's a pump and dump

It's certainly a cash grab. I do think the developers are incentivized to create value for the BTG network since they pre-mined a lot of coins. Unfortunately, they seem to be pretty incompetent.....
Activity: 67
November 18, 2017, 06:47:37 PM
Very possible it's a pump and dump
Activity: 459
Merit: 251
November 18, 2017, 06:16:11 PM

Really? You do realize Bitcoin Gold just went up to over $800 in the past week right? Do you really think it is going to recover from this huge crash and go up even more at some point? It seems unlikely to me. It was just a pump and dump.

BY the way, there is an actual legitimate coin coming out called AngelToken and you should click my signature to learn more about it. It is going to be huge!
Activity: 1750
Merit: 186
November 18, 2017, 05:54:21 PM
I use electrum.  When and how can we claim our bitcoin gold?
Activity: 24
November 18, 2017, 05:07:26 PM
i think i believe more on bitcoingold than bcash, because of their roadmap, i think that they genuinely wants to grow the useage of bitcoin, i prefer a win win for both communities.

There is no community for bitcoin gold.
There are only scammer devs...
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
November 18, 2017, 04:51:57 PM
i think i believe more on bitcoingold than bcash, because of their roadmap, i think that they genuinely wants to grow the useage of bitcoin, i prefer a win win for both communities.
Activity: 178
Merit: 100
November 18, 2017, 04:46:22 PM
Just notice the bitcoin gold really has a good price now. Did anyone try to mine bitcoin gold by Graphic Card?
Activity: 504
Merit: 1
November 18, 2017, 04:44:02 PM
Activity: 42
November 18, 2017, 04:01:05 PM
Bitcoin Gold? What the heck is that? I've never heard of it before. Btw, on marketcoincap, BTG is assigned to Bitgem. 

''Bitcoin Gold decentralizes mining by adopting a PoW algorithm, Equihash, which cannot be run faster on the specialty equipment used for Bitcoin mining (ASIC miners.) This gives ordinary users a fair opportunity to mine with ubiquitous GPUs.''

More info here:

https://bitcoingold.shop/
https://bitcoingold.org/
Activity: 275
Merit: 34
Automated Bitcoin Fork Claiming
November 18, 2017, 03:42:24 PM
An update for those with Electrum 2FA wallets trying to claim your Bitcoin Gold:

This post seems useful: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.19853098

It seems the process is:

(assume you have emptied your real BTC from the wallet)

1) Regenerate your 2FA electrum wallet with the seed, select "disable" 2FA
2) Find your multisig address with BTG in it. It starts with a 3. Right click, details
3) copy-past your Redeem Script here: https://coinb.in/#verify (save page offline for maximum security)
4) (for 2-of-3 methods, as most will be) find the 3 addresses that need at least 2 of them to sign
5) Dig your X1 & X2 xpriv keys from the text file in your regenerated, password-less, disabled 2FA wallet file.  It's in plain text. Windows it's in %appdata%/electrum, mac it's in ~/.electrum. Linux is in Go -> Location and type ~/.electrum
6) (This is where we are currently stuck) Make a new standard electrum wallet using the xprv key and find one of the addresses needed to sign your 2FA address. (we did this but do not see any of the 3 addresses listed in the address tab)
7) use 2 of the 3 private keys to sign your multisig address (Investigating how to do this and how to use this to claim the BTG)

So if anyone has any luck here, we would love to hear about the process
Pages:
Jump to: