Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin has defeated gold - page 35. (Read 28600 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
October 01, 2017, 09:50:28 PM
Yes Bitcoin has defeated Gold. I believe that near future Bitcoin will become the best among any other form.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
October 01, 2017, 07:49:00 PM
I not fond of evaluating the price of gold in opposition to bitcoin. Of course they have the very same similarities like store of price, but I do not think that price is a single of the very best device to evaluate them the two. Gold has been with us for 1000's of many years and been employed as hedge by a lot of nations all through centuries. There are no wars that isn't going to involved gold as hedge or payments for other countries in trade of components utilized in war or even meals. While bitcoin is nonetheless youthful and its a digital forex, and not even acknowledged by a whole lot of nations yet. So we will not know how it could be helpful in the course of economic collapse or war which gold experienced already established through time. It really is great to see the price tag of bitcoin is above gold now, but we never require to evaluate them. IMHO.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
October 01, 2017, 02:09:54 AM
 Also we should note, that everyone always goes back to gold because that was the only choice they had every time when fiat failed. Now humans have 2 choices, when fiat collapses and it's headed that way, they will run to metals(gold and silver) and crypto currencies(bitcoin leading) . So of course people are always going to run back to gold. Now with the internet, the younger generation are a lot more skilled with computers and it will be way easier to purchase bitcoins than gold, the most important, it's way easier to spend bitcoins then spend gold. I looked into gold a couple years ago, but gold was too complicated. Gold is great if i want to change my fiat into gold, but the big problem comes when i want to spend it. Good luck trying to purchase a steam game using gold. Not only that, i can't tell if it is real or not. Gold has too many problems, i understand why gold has never actually been used as money as we got more globalized. It's too heavy, not easy divisible, and hard for average people to know if it is counterfeit. We've hit a jackpot wit Bitcoin, whoever created has brought one of the greatest invention since the internet.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
September 30, 2017, 05:51:09 PM
bitcoin has defeated gold but the price of bitcoin and the price of gold is unstable so we dont know what we dont know but we  know what we know and that is why we need to believe in bitcoin and the rise of it.
You can’t compare the number of people investing in Bitcoin with that of those Investing in Gold. There are lots of people Investing in Gold from around the world. Yes, you can say that bitcoin is best, because you’re investing in it. Who would say their choice isn’t the best? Lol
People that recognize they have made a mistake perhaps? Gold is very good but lets face the facts gold cannot go up as much as bitcoin for the simple fact that the market cap of gold is huge when you compare it to bitcoin, this is the same thing that happens to altcoins and bitcoin.
Activity: 854
Merit: 501
September 30, 2017, 02:43:55 AM
Bitcoin: $1260/BTC
Gold: $1241/xau
Well, I can not believe that the Bitcoin prices has crossed over gold sooner than I expect. I thought the process would be finished in April. Wow, Bitcoin is truly worth and everyone who has sold their Bitcoin has made a huge mistake. Nothing can stop Bitcoin right now.

Maybe sooner,bitcoin will defeated gold value,this is my opinion.the only things bitcoin is greater than gold is that bitcoin can use in stock exchange while you cannot barter  gold in the market.bitcoin is visible and you can carry it anytime in your wallet, whenever you wer go, while you cannot carry gold anytime in your pocket because its huge.
There are many aspects in which gold has been defeated by bitcoins and the market of gold is getting destroyed by bitcoins on daily basis.

Many bitcoin investors were previously gold investors and they have left gold for very simple reason and that is its highly stable market price. People want changes on regular basis and they are that why adoring bitcoins.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
September 30, 2017, 12:33:10 AM
I not fond of comparing the value of gold from bitcoin. Of course they have the very same similarities like shop of price, but I do not consider that value is 1 of the best tool to examine them equally. Gold has been with us for thousands of several years and been used as hedge by a great deal of international locations during hundreds of years. There are no wars that isn't going to included gold as hedge or payments for other nations around the world in exchange of components utilised in war or even food. Even though bitcoin is nevertheless younger and its a virtual currency, and not even acknowledged by a whole lot of nations however. So we do not know how it could be useful in the course of financial collapse or war which gold had already confirmed via time. It really is excellent to see the value of bitcoin is earlier mentioned gold now, but we will not require to examine them. IMHO.
Activity: 786
Merit: 270
September 28, 2017, 07:32:28 AM
Well, I can not believe that the Bitcoin prices has crossed over gold sooner than I expect. I thought the process would be finished in April. Wow, Bitcoin is truly worth and everyone who has sold their Bitcoin has made a huge mistake. Nothing can stop Bitcoin right now.
I agree with you that bitcoin has beaten gold, gold lost in price, but I think gold will still be a safe and attractive investment. bitcoin becomes a new choice for investment while gold has always been an investment.
Well now if we look at the price then we will know that bitcoin has more power than Gold the price of the bitcoin is volatile and it is not stable so it is the reason that bitcoin price keep on increasing and soon it will touch the most high price edge in the coming days the safety of the bitcoin is easier than the bitcoin because you can keep your bitcoin in your hardware wallet buy you cannot keep the gold with you so bitcoin is better than gold now even in price.
Lol! You can be right in the regard of stability of the gold but it is not at all leading the market. Many gold investors are turning towards bitcoins just because they have more potential of producing profits than any other commodity at present whether it is gold or diamond. Falling down of prices is essential for going up.
I will agree to what all you have said. I think the way Bitcoin is gaining the attention of so many investors, there is hardly any reason to deny this fact that Bitcoin has no doubt defeated not only gold but almost all other things which were quite precious in the past. The investors are investing their major portion of income in Bitcoin.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
September 27, 2017, 06:45:45 PM
By now bitcoin has already tripled the price of gold per ounce. But I don't know why people are comparing both of them because it is obvious that gold is physical while bitcoin is not. The only thing that I can think of is that they are good are form of investment portfolio, other than that no point of really comparing them.

Yes, BTC is triple the price... but it's still less than 1% of the total market cap of Gold.
Price is just an arbitrary number and totally dependent on number of units of the stuff.
Market cap is the appropriate measure of the overall amount of value stored.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 294
September 27, 2017, 07:10:40 AM
I think yes!! Bitcoin defeated the gold because when you are aware the value of bitcoin was over the value of gold today and still increasing. The only  advantage of gold is its value is stable and can predict by the experts  while the value of bitcoin is very volatil and no one can predict. And for thier resources, in bitcoin there's a lot of  sites to mine or to earn it while for gold the reaources of it is disappearing little by little.
Activity: 280
September 27, 2017, 07:03:37 AM

Maybe sooner,bitcoin will defeated gold value,this is my opinion.the only things bitcoin is greater than gold is that bitcoin can use in stock exchange while you cannot barter  gold in the market.bitcoin is visible and you can carry it anytime in your wallet, whenever you wer go, while you cannot carry gold anytime in your pocket because its huge.

By now bitcoin has already tripled the price of gold per ounce. But I don't know why people are comparing both of them because it is obvious that gold is physical while bitcoin is not. The only thing that I can think of is that they are good are form of investment portfolio, other than that no point of really comparing them.

Yes people should stop comparing the two because they both have different use in this world. Instead of comparing why not having them both since these two are very good investment.

Bitcoin defeated the gold by heart but you're also right to say that we shouldn't compare two things since they're totally different financial instruments on the world. They're not similar to each other at least.
Activity: 798
Merit: 502
September 27, 2017, 06:58:55 AM

Yes people should stop comparing the two because they both have different use in this world. Instead of comparing why not having them both since these two are very good investment.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 594
September 27, 2017, 06:08:05 AM

legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
September 27, 2017, 06:02:36 AM
Bitcoin may be worth more than gold currently, but I believe gold will eventually rise higher as well. Gold has over 10,000 years of history backing it, it isn't going anywhere.
The price of gold is being suppressed by paper gold, at some point in the future when people are no longer fine with accepting paper gold and want the real thing the value of gold is going to skyrocket and when that happens people will wish that they held gold as well, at least we have bitcoin but many people do not have bitcoin or gold

In fact, it cuts both ways

People (typically, gold bugs) are used to say that paper gold drives the gold prices down, but I somewhat disagree with such opinion. While paper gold certainly makes more room for price manipulation (which I essentially agree with), it also provides liquidity to the market. In other words, without all those gold derivatives sticking around, the gold market would be a lot smaller, and its price in fact might have been lower. Anyway, artificially driving gold prices down may backfire heavily since gold isn't like your Bitcoin, and it has more than enough intrinsic value to support its price on its own
Activity: 392
platform for everyday business
September 26, 2017, 10:57:30 AM

Activity: 555
Merit: 252
September 26, 2017, 10:20:03 AM

I think a 1 single Gold is still much more valuable than 1 single Bitcoin but maybe in terms of the growth through the years the real winner is Bitcoin and no doubt about that because Bitcoin is not yet 10 years in existence.

As Gold is tangible while Bitcoin is not it is in different league but with a certain amount of value you can differentiate them but please never compare them and tell that Bitcoin defeated gold.

Gold has been on the earth since dark ages and the use has gone wild by now that why it is having that much value. But just look at the bitcoin, it not even full grown child and it has got the value competing to gold. This could not be achieved with any other asset and ven if you try to create one another it will fail to do so.

Yeah I know there is no comparison should be done with these two assets which are completely different in nature. One is gold, a precious metal and another is bitcoin which is virtual and bunch of codes over the blockchain. But still we can see the power of advancement and choice of people to invest money. That's for sure digital one and with the advancement it will increase more.

Yes I agree with you that gold has its own value and the people most believe in bold because it is a tangible thing and is usable for a long time. On the other hand bitcoin is a new thing and most of the people do not still believe in it, and avoid themselves from investing in it.

I think if bitcoin overcome all the currencies of the world, the gold will still be there in the market and will remain forever.
Activity: 184
September 26, 2017, 08:57:47 AM
People really never check facts do they? Bitcoin could surely take over Gold in the future, but that will take a long time. We didn't even start yet.
Activity: 352
September 26, 2017, 08:00:14 AM
I agree with you that bitcoin has beaten gold, gold lost in price, but I think gold will still be a safe and attractive investment. bitcoin becomes a new choice for investment while gold has always been an investment.
Well now if we look at the price then we will know that bitcoin has more power than Gold the price of the bitcoin is volatile and it is not stable so it is the reason that bitcoin price keep on increasing and soon it will touch the most high price edge in the coming days the safety of the bitcoin is easier than the bitcoin because you can keep your bitcoin in your hardware wallet buy you cannot keep the gold with you so bitcoin is better than gold now even in price.
According to me it is very sure that bitcoin will defeat gold some day and it is almost done according to me. Bitcoin price is higher than the gold it is more expensive now. Bitcoin will grow more as the time passing. But comparing these two investments is not good I think because gold is also not so bad to invest but it is a bit difficult to keep it safe as compare to bitcoin so security could be the issue in gold.
I have pretty same opinion that it is quite nonsense to compare gold and bitcoins since both are different in nature and functions. Bitcoins have indeed a very clear edge over gold and many people prefer now bitcoins over gold for the same reason you have explained i.e. the price factor.
Activity: 2898
Merit: 639
September 26, 2017, 01:43:39 AM
bitcoin has defeated gold but the price of bitcoin and the price of gold is unstable so we dont know what we dont know but we  know what we know and that is why we need to believe in bitcoin and the rise of it.
You can’t compare the number of people investing in Bitcoin with that of those Investing in Gold. There are lots of people Investing in Gold from around the world. Yes, you can say that bitcoin is best, because you’re investing in it. Who would say their choice isn’t the best? Lol
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
September 26, 2017, 01:15:27 AM
Bitcoin may be worth more than gold currently, but I believe gold will eventually rise higher as well. Gold has over 10,000 years of history backing it, it isn't going anywhere.
The price of gold is being suppressed by paper gold, at some point in the future when people are no longer fine with accepting paper gold and want the real thing the value of gold is going to skyrocket and when that happens people will wish that they held gold as well, at least we have bitcoin but many people do not have bitcoin or gold.
Activity: 182
September 25, 2017, 05:19:30 PM

since the bitcoin in the launch has actually beaten gold, the total supply of gold more than the total supply of bitcoin if bitcoin enthusiasts more and more bitcoin enthusiasts the more expensive its price, unlike gold, gold has a lot of stock supply.

The current price of the bitcoin is very good as it is increasing more and more, there is a war going in china regard bitcoin as it is being chased by the people they want to stop the use of the bitcoin. The price of the bitcoin is higher than the gold and it is easier and safe to keep the bitcoin is the wallet as there are a lot of the hardware wallets but not for the gold now. So for me bitcoin is the best investment.
Pages:
Jump to: