Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin in Economics class? - page 25. (Read 7783 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
July 06, 2017, 11:54:43 AM
It would be good tho. Im actually hoping that there would be a bitcoin discussion in our economic class. I wanna know more about it and I wanna really tackle this topic really much because I'm really into it. I think it would be exciting if they would add this in the course outline. It sounds fun and exciting.
Activity: 434
Merit: 252
July 06, 2017, 11:44:51 AM
Schools are always teaching programme which is approved by the government. If you know that the government does not recognize the crypto currency. Why then include it in the curriculum. But this is not a problem. If a person is interested in this you will always find information on the Internet.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028
July 06, 2017, 11:27:38 AM
Well it's depend on country's policy to accept bitcoin topic on every school and/ college
If bitcoin become a fundamental for some country , it's may possible to happen otherwise it's difficult for my country to accept bitcoin in my college
Activity: 630
Merit: 102
July 06, 2017, 10:11:25 AM
i think thats a good idea. because btc will also teach them the basic of economics. the demand and supply, the law of diminishing marginal returns and others. and this would help students to have an early peek on trading stocks and crytocurrencies! this is a good and exciting subject in college!
Activity: 378
BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace
July 06, 2017, 10:06:19 AM
Bitcoin is still not opened to public, as it should be to be studied in Economy class. It could be that it will appear in future, but not today Smiley
Activity: 658
July 06, 2017, 09:40:37 AM
Discussing bitcoin in an economic class will be a great discussion for sure because the students or the current bitcoin users like students will fully understand what is bitcoin and what are the good things about bitcoin which is very important to know and not to appreciate the price of bitcoin only. Bitcoin is one of the mainstream type of currency in the internet and for sure it is a healthy topic to discuss if you are in an economic class.

The discussion about bitcoin in the classroom is a good topic for the student in the class because it's very interesting due to it's unique compared from fiat system economy. Not all people have this knowledge all about digital currency and most of them only knows one spending method is a paper money payment system. This will help bitcoin to gain more transparency to students who put an interest about it and they can use their understandings in the future of digital wealth, which bitcoin will be used as their invesrments to be hold in their wallet and sell btc to gain good profit.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860
July 06, 2017, 08:36:31 AM
I already finished my college degree and at that time bitcoin is born. I can't remember it was mentioned in the class. Nowadays bitcoin is getting more and more attention although not yet mainstream.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
July 06, 2017, 08:34:36 AM
I dont think they wont talk about btcoin in basic economics class because bitcoin is not too famous yet and bitcoin hasnt been too much influenced the world economics, maybe in next 5 or 10 years when bitcoin gained more popularity, bitcoin will be mentioned in basic economics class
Not sure if it has anything to do with Bitcoin not being famous enough.

Teachers have a set of goals they have to reach at the end of the year, something that's decided on a federal level.
It's going to take a pretty long time before someone decides to add Bitcoin to that.

But I'm sure that there are a few teachers who have and will mention it during classes, perhaps because the students themselves ask about it.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
July 06, 2017, 08:32:22 AM
I dont think they wont talk about btcoin in basic economics class because bitcoin is not too famous yet and bitcoin hasnt been too much influenced the world economics, maybe in next 5 or 10 years when bitcoin gained more popularity, bitcoin will be mentioned in basic economics class
I agree with you because right now bitcoin ain't mentioned in a basic economics class unless when the course where economics class is being held are tech related. I think that even now school with economics classes might mention bitcoin in the whole school year at least once and has been already mentioned in some economics class somewhere.
Activity: 672
Merit: 253
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
July 06, 2017, 08:27:08 AM
I think bitcoin should be input in economy class even though for now not many people know what bitcoin is, but in the all-time era using this technology over time when everyone will know what bitcoin is so from now we also need to tell Everyone that bitcoin in the upcoming economy class is bound to become a very important subject
Activity: 840
Merit: 501
July 06, 2017, 07:32:47 AM
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
July 06, 2017, 07:16:24 AM
There is a Msc course completely about Cryptocurrencies offered at: https://digitalcurrency.unic.ac.cy/ I'm not sure about how great it is, but it's a start. I noticed that top schools like MIT and Stanford are offering courses too or seminars on the blockchain technology. Anyone that has attended those would be great to give us his/her insights.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
July 06, 2017, 07:07:37 AM
Discussing bitcoin in an economic class will be a great discussion for sure because the students or the current bitcoin users like students will fully understand what is bitcoin and what are the good things about bitcoin which is very important to know and not to appreciate the price of bitcoin only. Bitcoin is one of the mainstream type of currency in the internet and for sure it is a healthy topic to discuss if you are in an economic class.
Activity: 868
Merit: 259
July 06, 2017, 03:26:36 AM
A Bitcoin economics class would be very a good course in my opinion. It will surely open the minds of the students and make them realize that value isnt just what the current system tells you, while at the same time, also questioning what really gives something its value.

Its like the chicken and the egg problem. Luckily BTC went beyond that.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
July 06, 2017, 03:20:41 AM

Do you think they are talking about bitcoin in your basic ECON class?

well, when it comes in the economic subject many schools are not talking about bitcoins because in our class this was never discussed. But then, i can say that in some universities/school bitcoin is very popular today because it is considered as money  and it was related to economics.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025
July 06, 2017, 03:18:08 AM

I am not sure if they are talking about Bitcoin in the basic economics class, but B schools are showing interest. There are separate electives relating to Bitcoin / blockchain in some of the leading business schools.
Yes, it is already happening; I have come across many such university courses and here is the one : https://www.coursera.org/learn/cryptocurrency

When real world applications are adopting bitcoins and blockchain technologies, there will be no wonder that academic bodies are coming up with such courses/electives. I believe these type blockchain based studies will boost researches on it which might lead to take bitcoins into new levels.
Activity: 812
Merit: 509
July 06, 2017, 02:59:19 AM

Not that i'm aware of no.

You have to understand that bitcoin is still in its early stges and there are certainly very little people that know about it. To teach bitcoin they would have to rewrite the entire syllabus to match the content and hire new teachers that actually have knowledge about bitcoin.

I wouldn't ask for this much at the moment, but i think what is doable is to have an entire chapter devoted to decentralized economics. They don't even need to talk about bitcoin, they can talk about precious metals for example which is incredibly similar to bitcoin structrually imo.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
July 06, 2017, 02:28:26 AM

No , because I am making my study in the economic at master level but no one told us about the Bitcoin and also no one explained us that their can be anything in the future that can improve our life with better money management system .
But once a seminar was made in the University where I was to be presented with any of the economic topic , so I thought about
To tell about Bitcoin money .
Everything goes good for me because I know everything about Bitcoin and I told them in a perfect way to all the people in the stage camp .
So I think this is we are who can teach the world about Bitcoin  in our local community where people are not aware for such types of things .
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
July 06, 2017, 02:13:14 AM

Who knows. There are lots of classes session in the world and thousands of teachers and students involved. There are times that they are having a discussions outside their subject so possibility of talking about bitcoin is there. Smiley

In a class of 70 plus 1 instructor, we can bet that even one of them knows about cryptocurrency. That single person will now asked some questions about the familiriaty of bitcoin to his/her colleagues and that will be now the start of talking about bitcoin in the class.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 683
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
July 06, 2017, 01:58:45 AM

Definitely not. I really doubt that bitcoin is covered in university economics courses right now let alone your basic economics classes. Plus, the governments obviously have a conflict of interest as they want to retain their control over the economy and teaching people about bitcoin will totally contradict their interests in keeping an active hand on the economy as it is decentralized.

Instead of asking for schools to implement bitcoin in economic classes, i'd actually want to see more bitcoin seminars where bitcoin newbies can come in and learn about everything bitcoin related for free or for a small fee. That would be very interesting.
Pages:
Jump to: