Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin in Economics class? - page 20. (Read 7783 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 252
August 04, 2017, 01:17:58 PM
Funny, I took a course in econometrics in 2009 just as bitcoin was coming onto the scene.   It was actually the last college course I took.  Definitely no mention of bitcoin then, but I'm sure somewhere in the thousands of courses being taught that btc is being mentioned.   It's too big not to be at this point.  I hear kids are even using laptops in class nowadays.   Lol

The question is referring to the same rhetorical answer you are giving here. :-)

Bitcoin is not yet in the economics class and needs to be there really. The implementation of bitcoin in economic subject would be fruitful as students will understand whole new way of economic branch which is based on blockchain technology. That way they will gain knowledge of how the balance of economy is really done throughout the nation by means of circulating supply of money. This is well too big description to state here, so in short it's worth opening up a branch like that.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 502
August 04, 2017, 12:32:26 PM
There is no economy class to talk about Bitcoin. Bitcoin is a matter of knowledge and technology. All can access information quickly. And do not look at the class at all. Children or females, male or female. Smiley
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
August 03, 2017, 12:12:08 PM
Do you think they are talking about bitcoin in your basic ECON class?

i have seen at least a dozen topics over the years saying somewhere some teacher talked about bitcoin in some economics class, but i don't think it is officially in any syllabus to really talk about it.
and also most of them were misinformed and were saying how bitcoin will fail and drop in price (and price was $400 for example Grin)

Yes , aside from that it shouldn't be taught in school since it was so technical and it involves enormous money which may distract our young people by doing pursuing the endeavor that they must explore, can blind people since the expenses dont joke, and it might kill us, bitcoin is a way too far for including it in syllabus.
Activity: 756
Merit: 268
August 03, 2017, 11:51:28 AM

In my own opinion they do not talk about bitcoin in basic economic class because bitcoin is known by some teachers only users of bitcoin are the one who knew bitcoin. But if they really talk about bitcoin in economic class that would be great because maybe it would be more easier to understand more about bitcoin.
Activity: 454
Merit: 251
August 03, 2017, 11:18:59 AM

Nope bitcoin does not mention in our economic class because bitcoin is not that known in our school only some people who knew about bitcoin because only some people in our school use bitcoin.But if one day bitcoin was accepted by our government as a legal currency maybe bitcoin could talking about in economic classes.
Activity: 924
Merit: 500
August 03, 2017, 09:33:43 AM
I think bitcoin has a future to be talked about in economics class as currently it is trending to be an i tegral part of some ventures and if this continues the future would soon be littered with cryptocurrencies and I think that putting it in an exonomics class opens another door to its potential as another way to earn or another form of money.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
August 03, 2017, 09:14:17 AM

It might occur in future.But bitcoin being the revolutionary currency could no more be avoided by any business schools here after.In future,bitcoin would be the major subject in economical and business schools.It has almost turned banking industry and even some countries economic policy upside down.So,studies about bitcoin would become a must in business schools in future.
Activity: 896
Merit: 514
July 27, 2017, 12:35:12 PM
Once after the big whales, the economic class people were the one who holds good volume of bitcoin to move to the next level of living standard. For the same lots of users have invested small amounts affordable to make a profit in the future. The current scenario is good mainly for the rich people.
well! Bitcoin has a strong relation with economics because we all are aware of it that the bitcoin and the economics class students are close enough they are really known to bitcoin and the usage ups and down of the bitcoin currency and the market values of the prices if they will be taught the topics related to the bitcoin then the students of the economics will take good interest in it.

Yeah, it can be part of economics, but not really right now. Probably when the time comes that like at least 20% of the population of the earth has at least used bitcoins in some way. Right now, there isn't even probably 1-3% of the population that used it. It will just be irrelevant information to people.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 584
July 27, 2017, 11:28:50 AM
Once after the big whales, the economic class people were the one who holds good volume of bitcoin to move to the next level of living standard. For the same lots of users have invested small amounts affordable to make a profit in the future. The current scenario is good mainly for the rich people.
well! Bitcoin has a strong relation with economics because we all are aware of it that the bitcoin and the economics class students are close enough they are really known to bitcoin and the usage ups and down of the bitcoin currency and the market values of the prices if they will be taught the topics related to the bitcoin then the students of the economics will take good interest in it.
Activity: 381
Merit: 251
July 27, 2017, 11:24:00 AM
Nope, maybe technology Blockchain can add to the study program Economics class and Bitcoin as an example using it and success story. Because next target of road map cryptocurrency world is apply Blockchain to outside and using as platform payment of coin create by company or bank or even government!
Activity: 140
Merit: 22
July 27, 2017, 10:37:18 AM
The more bitcoins that are developed in the student's economy class the better, the better bitcoin becomes better for bitcoin.
What?? I dont think so, It is so distractive that you are studying yet easy money are being discussed? Of I were the student Im just going to get masteral degree for that and dump away studying , see? It might affect a student in his endeavor that he may be accomplished.
Activity: 574
Merit: 267
" Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back "
July 27, 2017, 09:57:03 AM

Teaching bitcoin in economic class can be possible soon. If bitcoin  continously accepted by everyone or every organizations, they became open in teaching bitcoin to students. Especially it was already acceptable when that time comes since it is part of the progress of the economy.
Activity: 251
Merit: 100