Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin in Economics class? - page 18. (Read 7783 times)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0
August 17, 2017, 11:03:15 AM
Funny, I took a course in econometrics in 2009 just as bitcoin was coming onto the scene.   It was actually the last college course I took.  Definitely no mention of bitcoin then, but I'm sure somewhere in the thousands of courses being taught that btc is being mentioned.   It's too big not to be at this point.  I hear kids are even using laptops in class nowadays.   Lol

Oh yeah it's in economic class as it's in range of common people who are much more valuable than the intended recipient
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
https://saturn.black
August 17, 2017, 09:17:46 AM
I think that this will be a wonderful idea for those children who want to study the world of crypto currency, but it is necessary to make the child choose what is interesting for him to study.
Activity: 770
Merit: 126
August 17, 2017, 09:05:37 AM
Well I have not seen or heard of Bitcoin been mentioned in both basics and advanced economics class. And I think if it should be mention in time to come it will be under the theory of money and monetary policy and not as a course.
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
August 17, 2017, 08:59:06 AM
Funny, I took a course in econometrics in 2009 just as bitcoin was coming onto the scene.   It was actually the last college course I took.  Definitely no mention of bitcoin then, but I'm sure somewhere in the thousands of courses being taught that btc is being mentioned.   It's too big not to be at this point.  I hear kids are even using laptops in class nowadays.   Lol
It's funny but i think it will possibly help our economy to become high again.  Bitcoin will helps in the sense of many people have money and so they will make our economy increase.
Activity: 540
August 17, 2017, 08:54:21 AM

Do you think they are talking about bitcoin in your basic ECON class?
Maybe. There are now many courses that has a connect to the bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024
August 17, 2017, 08:31:34 AM

Well i think no because there are still many people who don't know anything about bitcoin that's why there is a less possibility that bitcoin can be talk about in a economic classes but if a teacher knows about bitcoin and he uses, maybe they always talks about bitcoin and other cryptocurrency.
For the same reason I am preferring bitcoin to be taught in economic class so that many people will come to know about the existence of such a freedomful payment system.

When bitcoin is being part of basic education then we can be sure more people will come to know about it. If bitcoin is just a creme layer application then the core concepts like blockchain should be taught in economic losses.
Activity: 317
Merit: 251
August 17, 2017, 08:28:12 AM

Well i think no because there are still many people who don't know anything about bitcoin that's why there is a less possibility that bitcoin can be talk about in a economic classes but if a teacher knows about bitcoin and he uses, maybe they always talks about bitcoin and other cryptocurrency.
Activity: 364
August 17, 2017, 04:40:38 AM

During my economics class days we can't never talk about bitcoin and it is not familiar to us. But I believe that it has the possibility that bitcoin will be integrated in economics class because as far as I know bitcoin is really the aid to make the economy progressive. I can say that bitcoin should teach to all young peoples so that they can contribute to our economy.
Activity: 64
Merit: 0
August 17, 2017, 03:51:48 AM
I think it should be taught in econ classes. Countries like Japan have already acknowledged it; considering the impact it has in todays world i think it definitely should be taught.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 514
August 16, 2017, 03:28:36 AM
I am sure that there are schools/ highs schools/... where they talk about Bitcoin. But you see, there is not correctly written book or material about Bitcoin, the Blockchain and crypto-currencies. So, the information that people hear in the economic class is just private opinion of teacher/ professor. And here it's depends what this concrete person knows and thinks about all this.
Activity: 497
Merit: 110
arcs-chain.com
August 16, 2017, 03:16:35 AM

No ,because i take that and to think that they have still no knowledge about that or they don't want to share that to their students. If that becomes a thing to them and even talking a discussion it will be good to be curious for some interested students  who wants earn income online.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 355
August 16, 2017, 03:07:39 AM

It is quite possible that it would soon be a subject in economic classes especially if Bitcoin can really hit the mainstream of people's consciousness. There are already many economic magazines and journals which put the needed limelight on Bitcoin and that is really good at it can be free advertising and exposure. Bitcoin can become very popular years from now and it is already a big topic online.
Activity: 182
Buglab.io
August 16, 2017, 12:20:01 AM
I'm not sure bitcoin will be explained in the base class .. maybe more exactly bitcoin is given when the child is 15+ .. maybe in the base class they are given knowledge about investment in a project .. and the safest event in investing. We can only give a bitcoin picture to them because it is not possible all the knowledge of bitcoin we give to the base class .. I think you can introduce the bitcoin is not how to use it
Activity: 602
Merit: 101
August 16, 2017, 12:03:01 AM
In Economic class Bitcoin will be a good lesson. Generally it makes an important part of econimic which need to include in the  economic class.
Activity: 616
Merit: 256
August 15, 2017, 11:22:14 PM
bitcoin as an electronic payment system is a form of e-commerce  it can be discussed or introduced in economic class a payment method but not for investment stuff, bitcoin as of  today is still in a form of investment and trading it is not vastly a form of payment because it is still not accepted worldwide.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
August 15, 2017, 11:13:04 PM
When I was in college, my teacher told the students about Bitcoin, and I studied computer science. I thought the economics teacher would introduce the value of Bitcoin.
Activity: 154
August 15, 2017, 11:06:56 PM
Maybe, the awareness about cryptocurrency especially bitcoin will be raised in schools and universities. If the academe will appreciate and understand how it works and how it will help the students and the community, it will be possible that they will adapt it in their economics class.
Activity: 798
Merit: 527
August 15, 2017, 09:19:58 AM
I have noticed some academics mentioning it, but to them a mild gain seems astronomical. I often find economic prof's still thinking BTC is somewhat a tulip type instrument.
Every semester/term has its own schedule, and I don’t think bitcoin is involved in that. So, teachers/profs, shouldn’t leave the rightful things to teach something that’s off the hook. Unless during a random speech time, they can mention it to students, and just say a little thing about it.
Activity: 125
Merit: 101
August 10, 2017, 04:37:07 PM
I have noticed some academics mentioning it, but to them a mild gain seems astronomical. I often find economic prof's still thinking BTC is somewhat a tulip type instrument.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
August 10, 2017, 04:33:34 PM
No, bitcoin is an investment at the moment, i dont think that Economic proffesors would like to talk about this "cryptocurrencie" as this is something new. also i dont think that government and banks would like to know that teenagers are learning about this new era of coin that could replace the banks, so yes, absolutely not. It would be amazing but i dont think it will happen.

Disagree. Bitcoin is not purely an investment today compare back then. If still crytocurrencies are not being recognized as part of economic system based on your preferences then I see you have a big criteria for bitcoin to become part of it. I guess you need the whole world to recognized bitcoin before you can consider this currency as being used as a normal currency and not purely as an investment?

Also in a country where bitcoin can be freely used, I don't see governments will modified the current teachings for Economics subject and to implement schools not to teach anything about ctypto. It's out of their line because in the first place bitcoin was not banned on that country. About banks, it's impossible they will instruct schools not to teach cryptos. And where did you get your source that OVERALL banks thinks that they will be replaced by bitcoin?
Pages:
Jump to: