Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is a Fraud Says Jamie Dimon - JPMorgan CEO - WTF!? - page 3. (Read 2402 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 121
Bitcoin is not fraud actually that person is fraud who are saying that bitcoin is fraud. Because that person not having knowledge about market and about bitcoin that's why he is saying like that.
Activity: 269
Merit: 100
Well he is a top banker so it doesn't surprise me that he said this.
But I didn't understand what he meant by saying "Somebody is going to get killed"...? What is that supposed to mean?
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
Scared yet Jamie?

Muahahaha, we are coming to rob your corrupt banks of their customers.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
All these recent news from September just confirms we are on the right path here.
Streisand effect all over!
BTC Smiley
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
"Someone will get killed"

How about bankers funding wars that killed millions. He's having a laugh right?
Activity: 644
Merit: 501
Okay this is crazy and I want to know the community's thoughts on this...

Here is a man (Jamie Dimon) who has spent his life at the center of some of the biggest scandals in the history of the world (banking, derivative trading, asset default swaps, etc.)... making claims that Bitcoin is a fraud.

He says "It's worse than tulip bulbs. It won't end well. Someone is going to get killed".

Is this surprising to anyone at all? The banking industry is MOST threatened by Cryptocurrency and this is only going to intensify as more and more people adopt Bitcoin and other cryptos. I'm alarmed at the arrogance and pure double-standard of these elite bankers. They can all go to hell as far as I'm concerned...

Here is the article if you want to read it yourself:
https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2017/09/12/jpmorgan-ceo-jamie-dimon-raises-flag-on-trading-revenue-sees-20-percent-fall-for-the-third-quarter.html

This seems like the cause for the drop in price as well, we were doing pretty well and then Mr. Dimon came along as spread rumours that bitcoin is a fraud or whatnot. Now we are under $4000. People seem to be taking him too seriously, i guess.

First of all he does have a conflict of interest. He is the goddamn CEO of one of the largest banks in the world, and is deeply involved with central banking and politics. What do you expect? Him to love bitcoin?

Secondly, it is obvious that bitcoin is not a fraud. People pumping the price of bitcoin up to a bubble is true, but bitcoin itself is decentralized, and it can't be a fraud as nobody can abuse the power to 'print' as much bitcoin as they want to.

Sort of ironic if you think about it... Him calling BTC a fraud and not caring about the biggest fraud out there called fiat currency.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

Here is a man (Jamie Dimon) who has spent his life at the center of some of the biggest scandals in the history of the world (banking, derivative trading, asset default swaps, etc.)... making claims that Bitcoin is a fraud.

He says "It's worse than tulip bulbs. It won't end well. Someone is going to get killed".

Is this surprising to anyone at all? The banking industry is MOST threatened by Cryptocurrency and this is only going to intensify as more and more people adopt Bitcoin and other cryptos. I'm alarmed at the arrogance and pure double-standard of these elite bankers. They can all go to hell as far as I'm concerned...

https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2017/09/12/jpmorgan-ceo-jamie-dimon-raises-flag-on-trading-revenue-sees-20-percent-fall-for-the-third-quarter.html

I think the primary motivation for her to even post anything like that is the fact that a)he is a central banker and b)he missed out on lots of profits when btc went from $400 or less to $4000+ in less than a year, when his daughter bought bitcoin and profited from it.

My Daughter Bought Bitcoin. It Went Up, Now She Thinks She Is A Genius

She is a genius for being open minded and exploring bitcoin. Unlike her dad, ofc.

Now he could potentially be holding significant bitcoin short pos. that is prompting him to say things like this, or he just is scared of bitcoin taking over banks.
Activity: 238
Coming from a banker am not surprised but he made some pretty important points there. Am inclined to believe until scam is dealt with properly in crypto a few scams will have the benefits while the majority of the people suffer. All the same, as i said, he is a banker and he will be incline to the school of thought that will sustain his world
Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

He has a clear conflict of interest.

He is a pro-central banker which means that he has every interests in seeing bitcoin fail and tumble to the ground. He seems to have no understanding of how bitcoin works though. "Someone will get killed"? This is ridiculous. Even if bitcoin falls to the ground, people can still make transactions on it and nobody will get killed Huh

This does seem to be causing the latest panic dump, though. Not sure why everyone's taking him so seriously. Even though we are in a bubble right now long term btc will still be going up.

Indeed, since his business is in financial instrument,investment and lending. It will be much affected by bitcoin per se and as a pro banker then its very opposite to bitcoin. He is promoting his interest here in my opinion.

Exactly what i mean...

As i have said:

- This has absolutely no proof to back it up
- He has interest in seeing bitcoin fail and bitcoiners panic, because bitcoin is a direct competitor of big banks and central banks.
- Even if bitcoin does drop, it's not surprising. The price of bitcoin is in a bubble. However it does not mean that bitcoin is a fraud.

He probably holds some short positions for bitcoin as well, because he knows he can use his influence to cause a major stir in media that temporarily causes a dump in the bitcoin community.
Activity: 850
Merit: 504

He is a pro-central banker which means that he has every interests in seeing bitcoin fail and tumble to the ground. He seems to have no understanding of how bitcoin works though. "Someone will get killed"? This is ridiculous. Even if bitcoin falls to the ground, people can still make transactions on it and nobody will get killed Huh

This does seem to be causing the latest panic dump, though. Not sure why everyone's taking him so seriously. Even though we are in a bubble right now long term btc will still be going up.

Indeed, since his business is in financial instrument,investment and lending. It will be much affected by bitcoin per se and as a pro banker then its very opposite to bitcoin. He is promoting his interest here in my opinion.
Activity: 994
Merit: 507
Why is everyone surprised? He is the CEO of one of the biggest banks in the world which is controlled by the elite of course. It's no secret that the bankers hate bitcoin but sadly for them, this is not going to change anything, bitcoin reached a stage where it can no longer be stopped.

And I don't need to read that article since as we know that it will be focused on Bitcoin's bad side or supposed bad side which they didn't point out that US dollars are also used in financing terrorist, buying illegal drugs. The point of view should be to embrace it and form and form a special action force who specialize in tracing cybercrimes which cryptocurrencies are included also and stricter KYC. It is no different from fiat if we look at the bigger picture but closely then Bitcoin is much better.
Activity: 406
It's just a show of people who want to harm the bitcoins. To break down the bitcoins. So do not believe it because it's just a propaganda. do not just believe.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

Activity: 717
Activity: 378
Hasn't this clown made statements like this before?
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
JPMorgan talking about bitcoin is a form of promotion imo. More people will know about btc.
Activity: 717
Be careful of headlines.

He said his daughter bought bitcoin.
It might go to $100,000 before it goes down.
The reason why it is a fraud, is governments like to form and control currencies.
They like to know who has it, where it is going.
China is closing down exchanges.
He says governments see it as a novelty. (What this means is like obamacare, they will vote it down 20 times, but when they get in power all of a sudden they can't kill it.  Too look cool to kids the USA government will say they support it, however if it ever becomes a threat it will be gone).
However, he asserts the USA government will close it down.
He says it is good to use in North Korea or Venezuela.

Fraud is something CNBC tried to make him say imho.  But it may have been on his twitter?  Or CNBCs twitter?

BTW, the USA used a foreign currency when it was young.  

BTW he said the said thing in January, 2016.

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Why is everyone surprised? He is the CEO of one of the biggest banks in the world which is controlled by the elite of course. It's no secret that the bankers hate bitcoin but sadly for them, this is not going to change anything, bitcoin reached a stage where it can no longer be stopped.

it's clear that if he's a banker, he wants to degrade the popularity of Bitcoin in the community, but I do not think that's possible because Bitcoin is famous and they all invest in Bitcoin for their future development. So do not believe what he says is not true, because it's all a joke that is useless to listen to.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Maybe she say this because bitcoin and other altcoins are a digital currency, not like paper money or gold for example, and digital currencies dont have any guarantee...
Or maybe she say this because it is jealous of the success of bitcoin
Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

He might not have the moral standing to say what he is saying based on his antecedents in the industry over the years but he sure does not something to say based on his year of experience in the financial industry and having to get to the peak of his career in a foremost bank.

Having said that, it is therefore important to note some facts about his submission which I would summarized as follow:

1. It means the growth of bitcoin has reached to the point where they can no longer deny its existence and for it to have called the attention of a high echelon like him means its no longer a small deal.

2. They are actually scared of their own dominance and sees bitcoin dominance coming to stand as a threat to their own continued reign in the finance industry and the people generally and its better to discourage them now when it can still be influenced.

3. He has real facts even though sentimental, that bitcoin might not end well and he feels the obligation to inform the general populace afterall, he has made his point. But the comment that 'someone will die' removes the fact that he fail to acknowledge the amount of deaths he and his cohorts caused in 2008.
Pages:
Jump to: