Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is an asset or currency. - page 4. (Read 8542 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 101
April 02, 2018, 02:34:02 PM
In my opinion, this bitcoin is a digital currency that can be used for transactions but this bitcoin can also be a long-term investment asset for our children later because bitcoin has a very good potential for investment or store your assets for future needs or needs you
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001
April 02, 2018, 02:21:00 PM
Mainly Bitcoin is a currency, but it is a different currency used mostly online and also with so many different features making it more attractive and easy to use compared to dealing with fiat and banking systems. But since its price is very volatile and keep rising highly with time, BTC is also considered as an asset, and so many investors are involved in  trading it.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
April 02, 2018, 01:50:46 PM
This issue has caused a lot of different opinions, some people think that Bitcoin is a currency but some people think it is a valuable asset. Bitcoin can be a valuable asset because it can make more profit in the future. But besides that, it can also be considered as a currency because it also exists as a means of exchange, trade. I think this problem depends on each person, we can treat it as assets or currency or both. This is just my opinion

In fact, Bitcoin should become a digital asset or crypto asset. Do you want to spend half an hour waiting for a complete Bitcoin transaction hash? Bitcoin's biggest problem is that it can not trade instantaneously like FIAT, so if it's considered as a currency for daily payments, it's not worth the money to use instead of FIAT. Beside that, you have to spend a bit more money to pay for each transaction from Bitcoin, so it's too annoying if you use it every day, right?
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
March 11, 2018, 04:05:22 PM
For me is both, because I can buy stuff with it and trade it and place a few bets from time to time but I can also hodl it and hope it will go up in the future for pure earning.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
March 11, 2018, 02:47:39 PM
it is now an asset that increases in value, until adoption spreads and makes it a wide spread currency.
It is an asset and the earlier this will become the currency, the better for us. Right now the value and the worth of the bitcoin is varying due to some reasons of the market, and it will keep fluctuating until it becomes stable. When it will reach to its stability, then it can become the currency. And if it becomes the currency than trading in different regions of the world with different time zones will become very easy.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
March 11, 2018, 10:53:38 AM
It's still a currency. An asset generates money without any other investment. Although that could be provided by the increase of bitcoin I don't think it passively earns you more. So it's an investment rather than a asset
Yes, of course. Bitcoin is a digital currency used in other countries as a way of payment of comodities or services through internet. But it can also be an investment since it can be stored or hold for longer period of time and trade when its value goes high.
Activity: 742
Merit: 250
March 10, 2018, 11:28:11 AM
This issue has caused a lot of different opinions, some people think that Bitcoin is a currency but some people think it is a valuable asset. Bitcoin can be a valuable asset because it can make more profit in the future. But besides that, it can also be considered as a currency because it also exists as a means of exchange, trade. I think this problem depends on each person, we can treat it as assets or currency or both. This is just my opinion
Activity: 107
Merit: 5
March 10, 2018, 11:22:02 AM
For me a bitcoin is a digital asset which values increases or decreases depends on the market condition. But it can be regarded as well as digital currency since many merchant is already accepting it.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
March 10, 2018, 11:14:34 AM
I think, right now, bitcoin is more appropriately called investment assets in digital form or called digital assets. And I think, people prefer bitcoin as investment asset instead of using it to buy goods or pay for services.

Payment using bitcoins is great but the fees and the transaction time is making a lot of people think that it is not worth it.

Bitcoin is mostly used as an investment and not a currency the most reason people say is that it is very volatile having doubts whether they will accept it or not since it may dump and it's high fee.
Activity: 85
March 10, 2018, 10:48:09 AM
Both. It depends on how people use it. Some makes it asset to make some purposes. It can be an asset if you make it as a souce of your profit or income.
Activity: 114
Bitcoin: 1HrWs3tDzWr13zocV3qP9ENRLgiDuewtsu
March 10, 2018, 09:53:43 AM
it is now an asset that increases in value, until adoption spreads and makes it a wide spread currency.
Activity: 224
Merit: 11
March 10, 2018, 09:38:09 AM
Bitcoin started as a digital currency for a certain application or technology where it nakes transfering money to other people easily but securely. Apparently, the value of the said digital currency consistently fluctuates and for most of last year, butcoin continued to increase which Encourages people to invest in it. And due to the coin's ability to possibly increase in value, people tends to invest and hodl it which makes it as an asset as well.
Activity: 112
March 10, 2018, 09:28:55 AM
For me Bitcoin is an asset,because for most legal purposes, it’s easier if you treat it as an asset. If you treat it as an asset, then you use all of the standard laws regarding assets, whereas if you treat it as a currency, it turns out that all sorts of special laws kick in which makes things more complicated for everyone.Legally speaking, there are usually pretty strict requirements that need to be satisfied for something to be considered a “currency” (i.e. it’s issued by a government). Since those requirements aren’t satisfied with bitcoin, it’s natural to for it to be considered an asset.If there was some advantage for bitcoin to be considered a currency, I’m sure that a lot of lawyers could come up with arguments that its a currency. But usually treating something as a currency makes your life more difficult.
Activity: 93
March 09, 2018, 12:22:34 PM
The first impression on bitcoin is digital currency. For me it's digital money that we can trade and we can invest in it. And when i make money from bitcoin through trading and investing and i put it on my personal wallet , this is what i call asset or savings that fill my daily needs. Of course we have different explanation about bitcoin, if it is an asset or currency. The important thing is bitcoin currency help us.
Activity: 367
Merit: 102
March 08, 2018, 05:16:56 PM
I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??
[/quote
People used to view it as an asset. But now i doubt if people are still interested in buying and keeping bitcoins aside from those who are already holding it. I dont see the intensity of its fame right now and people are losing hope already so for me bitcoin is just a currency.
Activity: 350
March 08, 2018, 03:40:45 PM
I think, right now, bitcoin is more appropriately called investment assets in digital form or called digital assets. And I think, people prefer bitcoin as investment asset instead of using it to buy goods or pay for services.
Activity: 812
Merit: 105
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
March 08, 2018, 02:13:49 PM
I think bitcoin is a very valuable asset because bitcoin can be invested and also can be traded.
as bitcoin community we have to tell bitcoin to rich people so they want to invest in bitcoin, besides as community we have to teach bitcoin to society so that people investing in bitcoin.
Activity: 812
Merit: 105
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
March 08, 2018, 02:13:20 PM
I think bitcoin is a very valuable asset because bitcoin can be invested and also can be traded.
as bitcoin community we have to tell bitcoin to rich people so they want to invest in bitcoin, besides as community we have to teach bitcoin to society so that people investing in bitcoin.
Activity: 38
Merit: 1
March 08, 2018, 11:51:26 AM
bitcoin is a currency, it is not an asset. It is not an asset for the simple reason that it does not generate cash flows for cryptocurrency holders
It can not be attributed to a certain class of assets. In this case, Fiat currencies, such as the dollar, Euro or yen, are also not asset classes
It can be considered a currency
Activity: 602
Merit: 265
March 08, 2018, 10:15:10 AM
It is both. Currency in the sense that it can be used as a means of exchange (even though currently accepted globally). An asset in the sense that it is a bet on the future of technology (blockchain). And in my opinion for what is what, I think it is one of the best asset ever as it not a physical one, and the risk of it being destroyed is almost zero. The risk of it being lost, with private keys etc. is high though. So it should be well protected.
Pages:
Jump to: