Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is an asset or currency. - page 5. (Read 8542 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 10
March 08, 2018, 10:12:48 AM
Bitcoin is more of an asset than an currency. This is because initially when bitcoin was introduced the many people collected bitcoin maybe as a hobby or maybe for trading as the prices were very low.
Activity: 392
send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c
March 08, 2018, 10:03:08 AM
I think Bitcoin is a better asset, because: Bitcoin prices are high, prices fluctuate frequently. We do not use BTC to trade goods daily.
Cash is different from Bitcoin, cash is always stable, they are used to buy goods and services for daily life. You do not use cash for business or investment purposes.
Activity: 119
Merit: 0
March 08, 2018, 09:17:12 AM
The good thing about bitcoin in my opinion is to make it an asset because of the difficulty level of getting it and the transactions that happened decentralized. The increasingly high value makes the prospective investors more and more popping up.
Activity: 396
Merit: 252
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
March 08, 2018, 09:12:32 AM
Bitcoin is both asset and currency, it is an asset because it has a huge value wherein it will serves as currency to bitcoin holders because we could actually purchase through the use of bitcoin. Therefore, it is worthy of our investment.
I think you are right its both but it is depends on a person way how he appreciate the crypto and by means of online or digital currency. The more important is to further embrace it and treat it as a good investment for a long term just like doing a savings in a bank.
Activity: 154
March 08, 2018, 09:00:18 AM
Bitcoin is both asset and currency, it is an asset because it has a huge value wherein it will serves as currency to bitcoin holders because we could actually purchase through the use of bitcoin. Therefore, it is worthy of our investment.
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
March 01, 2018, 05:07:38 AM
I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??

Bitcoin is a form of digital currency. It is created and held electronically, on a computer. Bitcoins are not paper money, it's not controlled by central banks or monetary authorities
Bitcoin is a fixed asset. there is only a total of 21 million coins. However, bitcoin is divisible so the growth potential for the exchange medium is unlimited.
So bitcoin as a digital currency and as assets is both are true.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 106
March 01, 2018, 04:33:31 AM
Bitcoin is both asset and currency. Asset because users can even earn some or do trading or investment with it, and it is easier than we expected.
Yes agree, we say the currency because it can be used to buy anything that is the same function with the currency, while we say assets because of value (even easy to calculate) and its value continues to grow, so it becomes a very profitable assets for the future.
Activity: 177
March 01, 2018, 01:32:11 AM
Bitcoin is a currency because we can convert any currency into Bitcoin. That makes BTC  valuable currency.
for me bitcoin is   asset and currency,an asset becauseif you invest you can hold it and wait for the price to increase and you can sold it...and bitcoin can also accept as a currency.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
March 01, 2018, 12:49:55 AM
I think they really want to invest the bitcoin currency but sometimes the circumstances change all that hope, they spend the currency for the sake of survival,
Activity: 728
Merit: 63
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
March 01, 2018, 12:44:24 AM
Btc refers to both,but the currency first and then the asset.Btc starts the way through the currency and still the main foundation is the currency.The system has been introduced to invest and hold over time,and it has since been considered as an asset.So I prefer Btc as the first currency.
Activity: 69
March 01, 2018, 12:44:08 AM
Since the value will rise and people expect it to continue rising, people will be inclined to keep rather than spend. Although originally designed as a currency, this aspect highlights the asset side of crypto and will continue to be considered as an asset until people are convinced that the value of crypto will not rise significantly more than the global inflation rate.
Activity: 280
March 01, 2018, 12:41:51 AM
It's still a currency. An asset generates money without any other investment. Although that could be provided by the increase of bitcoin I don't think it passively earns you more. So it's an investment rather than a asset

yes I agree with you but in my opinion it depends on the opinion of each bitcoin person besides digital currency can also be a wealth asset if the person holds and hold bitcoin, otherwise if the person wants to benefit from bitcoin, they can invest into bitcoin, the term depends on what side of the bitcoin
Activity: 924
Merit: 220
March 01, 2018, 12:33:24 AM
Bitcoin is an asset. It is where you'll going to put your money and expect to double if you could make an smart trading and holding of it. However, bitcoin could be a accepted as currency in the near future if its price will stabilize or had a fixed value. This could be possible since it will be accepted in the whole world. But for now I consider bitcoin as an asset because again bitcoin is just like an investment wherein you can earn in the near future. As we all know asset are those things which has value and bitcoin has that is why bitcoin is an asset.
Activity: 101
March 01, 2018, 12:18:01 AM
i think it is more of an asset because it is limited, there will be moment when it is all mined, and after that bitcoin will be just hand over from one owner to another, and its value will change gradually a "material with value", so people will hold it according to its value instead of as an exchange tool, we calculate and monitor its price on the market and then we sell or buy, not to use it directly to buy something.
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
March 01, 2018, 12:08:26 AM
If I myself agree more if bitcoin is said as an asset. because if the bitcoin currency has not met the terms of becoming a currency. the price is also very volatile.
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
March 01, 2018, 12:03:03 AM
I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??
I think that bitcoin is both an asset and a currency. Bitcoin is something useful and has a value, therefore it can be considered as an asset. It can also be a currency because we can use it to buy or pay for some goods and services to those who accept bitcoin as a means of payment.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 335
February 28, 2018, 11:56:37 PM

For me, bitcoin is still a currency, it just so happens that it's volatility range allows it to be profitable which makes it an asset for a person. Many people consider it as an asset because they hold it, but the thing is it is not the process of holding that makes it an asset, it is the cycle of buying and selling to earn more that makes it an asset.
Activity: 123
February 28, 2018, 11:31:02 PM
Many countries already have bitcoin as an asset.

Bitcoin does not have the value basis as a currency, it is a digital currency generated by complex algorithms! Bitcoin is really just a technology application!
Activity: 390
Merit: 100
February 28, 2018, 11:22:05 PM
Both. you can use it to transact or as a store of value. but bitcoin's actual use as medium of exchange is still not in everyone's reach. It's acceptance as a currency is not felt by a majority of population.
Activity: 182
February 28, 2018, 10:43:22 PM
In my opinion bitcoin is both as asset and the currency. Bitcoin is a digital currency is used for payment to others and as asset its value appreciate over time and yield good return for those who bought.
Pages:
Jump to: