Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is an asset or currency. - page 6. (Read 8542 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 174
February 28, 2018, 09:59:47 PM
No doubt all these well worded replies are helpful to the OP and other readers. To add mine: I believe Bitcoin is a currency. This is a most interesting discussion.. Hmm.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 101
February 28, 2018, 09:38:03 PM
I know that someday there will be a lot of people who want to invest in bitcoin so I make bitcoin as my asset and will continue to hold it
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
February 28, 2018, 09:19:38 PM
Bitcoin is the first crypto currency,
Crypto currency, often called digital or virtual currency, is a digital payment method that can solve cryptographic algorithms in a process called mining,
The value of Bitcoin has continued to rise recently indefinitely,
I personally believe that bitcoin is an asset and not a currency, If we exchange them on a low scale then transaction costs will destroy us, so it's better to buy and hold bitcoin for long-term investments.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
February 28, 2018, 07:45:53 PM
I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??
Although originally designed as a currency this aspects  the highlights the asset of bitcoin market is only a fraction of that gold so you could say crypto is still
Activity: 564
Merit: 500
February 28, 2018, 06:31:10 PM
I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??
For me, bitcoin is a little bit of both since bitcoin is one of the most controversial thing that happened since iPhone. It is still a currency because of the fact that we can use it in any transaction that caters bitcoin. It becomes an asset because it's volatility range allows it to be profitable with the right strategy.
It is true, it can function as a currency and as an asset at the same time. It just totally depends upon the person who is using it, whether they like investing in bitcoin for long term and wait until they're profitable or maybe some of them wants to engage in trading using different exchanges sites in order to earn more of it, just like using a currency.
The primary activity of a currency is using for payment.
As you said, I don't see you talking about the liquidity of Bitcoin, you have to know the liquidity of Bitcoin is one of the reason make it can't become a current at current.
Beside that, the transaction fees is high and total time to get confirmation is so long, it takes more times than FIAT payment.
Activity: 112
February 22, 2018, 11:30:49 AM
Its my opinion that, bitcoin is an asset and a currency both. when I use it for any shopping or  any same purpose then it is a currency. On the other hand when I invest in bitcoin for make a lot profit  and hold long time for future then it is a asset. Bitcoin price will grow day by day and Its also helps to create job opportunity.
As a result bitcoin becomes more popular and accepted in many commercial sectors.
Activity: 218
February 22, 2018, 09:58:31 AM
It is clearly both it can be your asset to store your money on some address and it can be your personal bank with ease and can easily access it anywhere and trade/send money anywhere. And you can use it as currency if you want to send or use it as payment on what you buy or eat in some of the establishments that are accepting bitcoin as a payment method.
Activity: 378
February 22, 2018, 07:30:42 AM
For me it is currency because you can use it for payment in any items or services over the internet. It is digital currency, which is much comfortable to use it because you don't need any physical form of money anymore.

Yeah I agree that bitcoin is a digital currency that you can use bitcoin as payments in the internet but due to it's volatility the price can rise higher and many people will hold their bitcoin hoping that the price will be higher to gain much profit on it. By holding their bitcoin it is now a form of asset in a long term investment. So, it's both a asset and currency.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
February 22, 2018, 07:23:27 AM

I think bitcoin is an asset and also a currency because if we invest in bitcoin then it can be our assets and we can also use bitcoin as currency to make payment, of course as digital currency
Activity: 1428
Merit: 252
February 22, 2018, 07:21:12 AM
Bitcoin is asset  we cant completely consider it as currency bitcoin is asset-based investment whereas a currency we cant buy we so much of transactions fee and volatility of price so we can store for higher growth
With patience then our scenario will come true, when we buy bitcoin then the main purpose is to sell at a high price someday, and it takes time so to get big profit we are not easy to panic.
Activity: 170
Merit: 46
February 22, 2018, 07:19:47 AM
It's better as a currency, as the rates are fluctuating you'd be better off spending it as and when you earn it. It's also a great investment as the rate of return is simply remarkable so based on your current situation you can use Bitcoin as an asset or as a currency. If communities as a whole accept it it's regarded as a currency.
Yes bitcoin most know as a digital currency and one of the currency that gives more satisfaction. Interms of asset i can say that the asset is that those investors and user's  that gives there trust to bitcoin and also one of the asset of bitcoin is that ico which commonly used by users as part of there way to earn money.
Activity: 221
February 22, 2018, 07:18:10 AM
it is already inevitable that currently bitcoin is more prominent as an asset or investment. although basically bitcoin is created as a digital currency, but with its rapidly changing price fluctuations, it is used by people to trade as well as assets.
Activity: 364
Merit: 267
February 22, 2018, 07:12:12 AM
For me, bitcoin is a little bit of both since bitcoin is one of the most controversial thing that happened since iPhone. It is still a currency because of the fact that we can use it in any transaction that caters bitcoin. It becomes an asset because it's volatility range allows it to be profitable with the right strategy.
It is true, it can function as a currency and as an asset at the same time. It just totally depends upon the person who is using it, whether they like investing in bitcoin for long term and wait until they're profitable or maybe some of them wants to engage in trading using different exchanges sites in order to earn more of it, just like using a currency.
Activity: 231
February 22, 2018, 07:06:27 AM
Bitcoin creators goal is to make a digital currency and make a transactions anonymous, permisionless, fast and cheap. Because its system is too good and developed as the day passes, little by little it became also an asset.
Activity: 28
February 22, 2018, 06:56:07 AM
at the moment is mine a asset,because i reinvest it because i want to make more money,later i will buy  stuff for me.you can also say it is a currency, its  only a virtual currency.
Activity: 350
February 22, 2018, 06:34:07 AM
I would say bitcoin still functions as a currency and an asset. At first, the main purpose of creating bitcoin is to use it as a digital currency, bit due to its value that continue to rise over time, people consider  it as an opportunity  to gain profit. So that how it begins to be an asset. On the other hand, since people really do need money to survive, some will use it as a currency to buy things or covert it to fiat so it can be bought by the things they need. Bottomline, though  some consider it as an asset, some also prefer to use it as a currency.
I agree to your points raised. Bitcoin functions as both currency and an asset. It is an asset because one can reap profit out of Btc investment for considerably long period of time and a currency because it facilitates exchange
Activity: 588
Merit: 107
February 22, 2018, 05:25:16 AM
I think Bitcoin is more of an asset. A very volatile one that fluctuates a lot as it can easily be manipulated.
Activity: 280
Merit: 15
February 22, 2018, 05:09:33 AM
Bitcoin is asset  we cant completely consider it as currency bitcoin is asset-based investment whereas a currency we cant buy we so much of transactions fee and volatility of price so we can store for higher growth
Activity: 79
February 22, 2018, 04:49:12 AM
I think bitcoin is an asset, because the estimation of bitcoin keeps increasing. If you hold bitcoin for long time you can have more benefit while you offer it. Also bitcoin is an crypto currency.
Activity: 651
Merit: 103
February 22, 2018, 04:43:47 AM
Bitcoin can be considered as asset and currency. There are many wealthy person who are investing their money to the bitcoin because they are aware how profitable is the bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: