Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is an asset or currency. - page 50. (Read 8542 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 506
October 17, 2017, 07:01:07 PM
Most people attracted to bitcoin due to its price keep increasing over time, makes them thought it will be great to invest in bitcoin and wait for long term or just trade it in short time to extract profits through trading or arbitrage. That's why bitcoin price always fluctuate and consider so volatile.
Bitcoin meant to be a digital currency running on blockchain which is better than banks system, used for daily transactions to buy goods or pay services, but the thing is; limitation of acceptance bitcoin on merchants, stores or business in most countries. It will be different if you live in Japan where you can use bitcoin to pay everything in daily basis.
MMA
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
October 17, 2017, 06:49:54 PM
I think bitcoin is an asset,because the value of bitcoin keeps increasing.If you hold bitcoin for long time you can have more profit while you sell it.
I think bitcoin is both assets as well as currency. But more commonly we use bitcoin as currency, we can use bitcoin for shopping in most big shopping center, in fact they accept bitcoin as currency for shopping. therefore i will like to say that bitcoin is more as currency and in future it will even be use as fiat in local shops also depending on the increasing number of bitcoin users.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 300
October 17, 2017, 06:48:31 PM
Originally intended to be a currency, but I view it more as an asset now. As many people would call it "digital gold"
well i think it is both asset and currency i believe  that it is really a currency because it can be converted into money and it is really an asset because  it is an un expected income that even the investors itself didnt even know that tbey are already gaining.maybe it is a investment a great asset of investment.
yes i agree maybe the bitcoin is  an asset because it helps us find the way through a good profit or maybe a good invedtment as well  from the start is is really use as an asset to those ordinary people arround the globe to have amazing extra curicular income that make an simple life living of a peole gloom and it really works life with bitcoin is now simple specialy in financial aspect.
Activity: 1139
Merit: 500
October 17, 2017, 06:38:53 PM
Originally intended to be a currency, but I view it more as an asset now. As many people would call it "digital gold"
well i think it is both asset and currency i believe  that it is really a currency because it can be converted into money and it is really an asset because  it is an un expected income that even the investors itself didnt even know that tbey are already gaining.maybe it is a investment a great asset of investment.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
October 17, 2017, 06:20:18 PM
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
October 17, 2017, 06:10:40 PM
Bitcoin is a currency because we can convert any currency into Bitcoin. That makes BTC  valuable currency.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
Just letting you know right now, I'm kinda weird.
October 17, 2017, 05:48:33 PM
I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??

It's simply both.

Bitcoin is attractive as an asset to hold because of it's scarce nature. Bitcoin is also attractive as a currency because it's borderless, permissionless, and pretty fast and cheap (except when Roger Ver/Bitmain are spamming it).

So for some use cases like buying a VPN, bitcoin is the best currency.

This is why bitcoin is so revolutionary.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 524
October 17, 2017, 05:40:59 PM
I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??

Bitcoin is an asset and currency, for some country where bitcoin is legal and they have local shops accepting bitcoin can use it like local fiat currency to buy goods and services. Where their is no shop support their the users convert it to fiat currency and use it. Same time their are users who are just investing and storing the bitcoin as investment option so that they can sell on higher prices in future.
Activity: 502
October 17, 2017, 02:57:47 PM
I think bitcoin is an asset,because the value of bitcoin keeps increasing.If you hold bitcoin for long time you can have more profit while you sell it.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 283
October 17, 2017, 02:56:10 PM
Originaly bitcoin was supposed to be a currency that will cahnge the way we use money online, a faster way to make transactions and a safe system that will prevent haking bank accounts, we all were ok with this idea, but since the bitcoin had a limited source and since popeple were mining it like crazy, it got harder to mine and thus required more hardware and more power which made its price increase, all of this lead to poepel comparing it to gold collecting it and saving it, and with this bitcoin has shifted from being just a cryptocurrency to becoming a reveloutionnary assest that made everyone rush into investing in it, and by this the world is stating to relive the 1849 gold rush but in the digital forme.
Activity: 798
October 17, 2017, 02:52:58 PM
It seems to me I think that bitcoin is an asset and a currency at the same time. Bitcoin as a currency participates in the commodity turnover as it can be exchanged for the goods. Bitcoin as an asset grows and brings profit to its owner.
Activity: 602
Merit: 251
I am a professional Web Designer and Developer
October 17, 2017, 02:49:37 PM
Personally, I believe that Bitcoin is a Currency and Asset both. Bitcoin is Asset with me. Because I grow my asset by Bitcoin. And Bitcoin gives me the financial freedom.
Activity: 672
Merit: 127
October 17, 2017, 02:34:21 PM

Usually its being use to buy service, but since people are trying to buy bitcoin join an investment like potential platforms, it could be an asset in the future. Bitcoin can also be a currency that use for buying as mentioned. And for the community itself,  this will be usefull for faster system of transactions which blockchain can provide
Activity: 235
Merit: 103
Writting/Translations EN-ES available HERE!
October 17, 2017, 02:33:20 PM
As of yet, is more of an asset than currency, for everyone can hold it but it's yet to be widely accepted as payment method, hence it sticks more to an asset.
Activity: 661
October 17, 2017, 02:29:48 PM
It's better as a currency, as the rates are fluctuating you'd be better off spending it as and when you earn it. It's also a great investment as the rate of return is simply remarkable so based on your current situation you can use Bitcoin as an asset or as a currency. If communities as a whole accept it it's regarded as a currency.
Activity: 96
October 17, 2017, 02:28:50 PM
I think it can be used both way,like you can easily transfer small amount of money and big amount of money easily without anyones permission..It is so fast and it's fee is also very cheap.You can hold it like an assets,now a days bitcoin prize is going up..
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
October 17, 2017, 02:25:18 PM
Its assets n can also be regarded as currency
Activity: 451
Merit: 250
October 17, 2017, 02:23:55 PM
The majority of bitcoin holders treat it as an asset whether to hold for future value increase or to trade against other coins. It is also being used,although not to a high extent,to buy goods even including housing.
Activity: 987
Merit: 289
Blue0x.com
October 17, 2017, 02:16:08 PM

Wasn't really thinking about this. But now that you've mentioned it,  it really is a topic that is quite puzzling. Because as what you have said, it is mainly used in trading by most of the people in the crypto world than as a currency. So analyzing, bitcoins may be just an asset right?

But, if you think about it more, you will understand that it simply is both a currency and an asset.
Because in history, bitcoins were founded by satoshi with the vision of it being a great currency through decentralization. But due to its limited supply, it has become a rare thing. Which is the reason why its price, rises a lot. And due to people who sell, the prices also drop and back again. Which then lead to everyone taking advantage of it and used it more as an investment for profit and a trading tool.

So I guess bitcoin is pretty much an asset and at the same time, a currency.

Hope this clarifies a lot of questions in your mind.
Activity: 223
October 17, 2017, 01:11:09 PM
Bitcoin the online the currency, which in our lives asset as work. btc who we asset or currency both of them to think we can.
Pages:
Jump to: