Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is an asset or currency. - page 51. (Read 8542 times)

Activity: 95
Merit: 10
October 17, 2017, 12:36:02 PM
I think bitcoin is still an investment today, for generating income by trading and holding. In future it will be may used more as an currency to buy and sell goods, but the community and the technology must develop itself to do so.
Activity: 293
Merit: 100
October 17, 2017, 12:35:41 PM
I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??
I would say bitcoin still functions as a currency and an asset. At first, the main purpose of creating bitcoin is to use it as a digital currency, bit due to its value that continue to rise over time, people consider  it as an opportunity  to gain profit. So that how it begins to be an asset. On the other hand, since people really do need money to survive, some will use it as a currency to buy things or covert it to fiat so it can be bought by the things they need. Bottomline, though  some consider it as an asset, some also prefer to use it as a currency.
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
October 17, 2017, 12:28:52 PM
I personally beleive bitcoin is an asset rather then currency. If you trade it on a low scale then The transaction fees will ruin you. So better buy and hold butcoins for a long term invesent and make it an asset for future to sell it at 10k $.
Activity: 420
Merit: 19
October 17, 2017, 12:15:18 PM
It depends on people. I am in need of money for basic needs.  So if I get btc  now,  I ll better use it for my expenses than holding it. But it may some time to save more bro as an asset. Hope this happens so to everyone.
Activity: 99
Merit: 21
October 17, 2017, 12:05:33 PM
It's still a currency. An asset generates money without any other investment. Although that could be provided by the increase of bitcoin I don't think it passively earns you more. So it's an investment rather than a asset
Activity: 459
Merit: 104
October 17, 2017, 12:03:56 PM
At the beginning bitcoin was meant to be a currency. This is how its creator wanted it to be: a currency whose transactions will be anonymous and will not have the possibility to be contested by any of the parts of the transations. Once the money is being sent, the transaction can be shown to the other person there is no doubt that the money were sent (and received). Because it is so good, because its price has gone up, the bitcoin became little by little also an asset.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
October 17, 2017, 12:03:51 PM
I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??

It's simply both.

Bitcoin is attractive as an asset to hold because of it's scarce nature. Bitcoin is also attractive as a currency because it's borderless, permissionless, and pretty fast and cheap (except when Roger Ver/Bitmain are spamming it).

So for some use cases like buying a VPN, bitcoin is the best currency.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
October 17, 2017, 11:52:55 AM
Pages:
Jump to: