Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is DEAD for small payments, Bitcoin Cash is the FUTURE - page 11. (Read 1549 times)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
just because bitcoin didnt increasing and bch increasing so drasticaly doesnt mean BCH will overcome the btc. i think why bch increasing is cause the way the market is. when bitcoin stop develop BCH will rise and vice versa.
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 7490
Crypto Swap Exchange
I wouldn't worry since both SegWit and LN will fix the problem. Also, i would rather use ETH, LTC, XMR, DASH, ZCASH or other altcoin which obviously have better on-chain/off-chain scaling solution than Bitcoin Cash.
The only reasons Bitcoin Cash have lower fees are there are less transaction compared with bitcoin and they assume regular users still can run full nodes if bitcoin cash block size often full (which is wrong).
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
The bitcoin community should make another fork to change the situation, actually, bitcoin is not fit  small and normal amount transfer now,  I spend $10 fee for transfer, it spent almost 20 hours to confirm.

At least urs did. I paid 10$ fee on dec 18 and still no confirm and not looking like gonna get one soon also. WBN to be able to take it back and resend with a bigger fee (from normal wallet, without being some elite hacker god) but must wait till u die.

Look what the average fee is to get a quick txn confirmation and you'll be fine.
If you can not or don't want to pay it than just hold or sell and switch to another coin.
Due to the sheer amount of user influx yes there is lots of traffic going on.
Look how much work the exchanges have to do! This is such a huge wave of people joining this space nobody really expected to happen I guess.
Activity: 126
Merit: 12
The bitcoin community should make another fork to change the situation, actually, bitcoin is not fit  small and normal amount transfer now,  I spend $10 fee for transfer, it spent almost 20 hours to confirm.

At least urs did. I paid 10$ fee on dec 18 and still no confirm and not looking like gonna get one soon also. WBN to be able to take it back and resend with a bigger fee (from normal wallet, without being some elite hacker god) but must wait till u die.
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE
I am accurate btc costs $20 to trasnfer $1
and is so slow it makes wire transfer look ideal from banks
People compalina bout paying $20 for a $1 chessecake paid by BTC
So we need alt way. I'm not sure about bitcoin cash as I just use it 2 times. with small transaction and it still new so it network still good and super fast, certainly.
But huge pump like this make me don't trust on this. It's like gamble which under control by a small group
Activity: 11
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
I don't think bitcoin cash is any better than bitcoin... The fees are roughly $1 for a quick transaction... bitcoin cash is 5X cheaper than bitcoin, so it bitcoin cash was $15,000 then the fees would be roughly $5... thats not much better in my opinion, only about 1/2 - 1/3 the transaction fee.

Im more looking forward to SEGwit 2X on the 28th, I hope that will be the adopted coin that gets used, it is almost like bitcoin version 2. Much better than bitcoin cash the alt coin

Who said Segwit2x will happen on Dec 28? Do you have a reliable source? The Twitter for it has only 500 followers.

Its quoted by loads of news sites:

https://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/ultimate-comeback-bitcoins-segwit2x-fork-scheduled-december-%E2%80%8E%E2%80%8E28/

http://www.livebitcoinnews.com/segwit2x-revival-will-happen-soon/

http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/12/19/segwit2x-old-new-bitcoin-hard-fork/

Activity: 101
Merit: 10
Really its so tough for maintaining bitcoin in small payment. Small payments is so expensive for clients.Bitcoin authority should think a another way.

Activity: 274
Merit: 250
When will lightning network be ready for deployment? We need it, badly...

Without it or in case it failed to deliver what it promises, we (BTC hodlers) are in trouble...
Activity: 30
Isn't Dash much better than Bitcoin, And/or Bitcoin Cash/Litecoin?
What are your thoughts about possible Bitcoin replacements like Dash, Litecoin, Monero, Bitcoin Cash, Zcash?
Activity: 1834
Merit: 759
That would be a bold move friend. Why Bitcoin Cash though? If you're paying in altcoins anyway, why not the better ones?

This could be good in the long run though. I'm all for people temporarily using Bitcoin Cash while the unconfirmed transactions clear up. That's really the only reason why people even consider using Bitcoin Cash anyway. Once Bitcoin fees go back to normal, people always move back. Bitcoin Cash is dead once the Lightning Network rolls out.
Activity: 316
Merit: 250
Jihan is one of the most influential people in #Bitcoin and one of the largest holders. Of course he will try to squeeze other large holders out of it to gain even more influence.
Activity: 196
Merit: 109
For small payments it is had to disagree.
Average fee for a $100 transfer is $10, nobody will want to get charged ten percent.
For a $1000 transfer you will pay approximately $20, so two percent is more acceptable.
Use Bitcoin for big transfers only.

Bitcoin Cash is strong, but still waiting for merchants to accept it (not many last time I checked).

This^. I'd be curious to see how BCH actually handled the volume of transactions that BTC has. Maybe it has experienced it and has done fine?

I haven't looked and don't care right now. I don't move BTC around. Fees are just that-fees and profit.

Once people can make more money (i.e fees) on BCH transfers, they eventually will.
For those who earned "extra Bitcoin" with signature campaigns or other services, I would recommend trading a small amount to get some Bitcoin Cash.
I did just last week and I am happy I did. I am a little upset that I bought my first Bitcoin on August 10 (give or take a day), 10 days earlier and I had free Bitcoin. C'est la vie.
But now with blockchain.info it is very easy to get some Bitcoin Cash, I think the demand could grow just because of that.
Some folks like me are just lazy to register on an exchange platform to trade, so a good move from blockchain.info
Anyway, hold both and see what happens.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
We cannot pay our members payouts via Bitcoin anymore, this is completely impossible.
We sent payments ranging $1 - $10 with fees of $2 - $6 already 5 days ago and these payments are unconfirmed.

We are going to change our approach and be among the first businesses that pay in Bitcoin Cash and stop paying in Bitcoin.
It's just impossible to work with Bitcoin anymore.

Are you guys wondering why people move to Bitcoin Cash? It's not only because of speculation, it's because Bitcoin in its current form is a dead zombie walking in Crypto land.

For micro transactions bitcoin has long been a less from ideal solution, in time this needs to improve or they will be lost on bitcoin and while the larger transactions may make up the bulk of value transferred the smaller transactions make up the bulk of the user base who will support the currency.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲

So every time when there is problem with BTC transaction you open such thread and declare BTC dead in some way,and also promote BCH as some new miraculous cryptocurrency.The team that stands behind BCH with their leader Roger Ver is partly responsible for this situation in a way that try to stop full application of SegWit which is activated almost 4 months ago.

You can also offer your users to be pay in LTC,DASH or maybe DOGE-situation is not good regarding BTC transaction in this moment but we need to adapt and make more pressure on exchanges to start using SegWit.

The CoFounder of Bitcoin.com has done it, what's wrong with that?  Huh

He just dump his BTC and allegedly bought BCH,nothing is wrong with that,they can do whatever they want.I do not really care what they do,their project is just attempt to privatize BTC and make fortune on that.

What is wrong in this story is your statement that something is dead(again),and free promotion of your site.If you think BTC is dead just switch to BCH and use it from now on,problem solved for you and your users.
Activity: 70
Average fee for a $100 transfer is $10, nobody will want to get charged ten percent.
For a $1000 transfer you will pay approximately $20, so two percent is more acceptable.

Bitcoin Cash is strong, but still waiting for merchants to accept it (not many last time I checked).

This^. I'd be curious to see how BCH actually handled the volume of transactions that BTC has. Maybe it has experienced it and has done fine?

I haven't looked and don't care right now. I don't move BTC around. Fees are just that-fees and profit.

Once people can make more money (i.e fees) on BCH transfers, they eventually will.
Activity: 196
Merit: 109

Activity: 53
Yeah. I'm really curious about how they can deal with the fee in the small transaction for now.
Activity: 28
We cannot pay our members payouts via Bitcoin anymore, this is completely impossible.
We sent payments ranging $1 - $10 with fees of $2 - $6 already 5 days ago and these payments are unconfirmed.

We are going to change our approach and be among the first businesses that pay in Bitcoin Cash and stop paying in Bitcoin.
It's just impossible to work with Bitcoin anymore.

Are you guys wondering why people move to Bitcoin Cash? It's not only because of speculation, it's because Bitcoin in its current form is a dead zombie walking in Crypto land.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Good luck with that spammer
Activity: 4
Probably, but not now.
Pages:
Jump to: