Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is DEAD for small payments, Bitcoin Cash is the FUTURE - page 14. (Read 1549 times)

Activity: 111
Merit: 10
This is really a big problem, the poor will not like to use bitcoin. But I think the richvpeople will still buy bitcoin for investment. May be bitcoin is only for elite people and the poor only can use altcoin. Bitcoin will never dead.
Activity: 448
Merit: 60
imagine me
Which of them two has the highest transaction?

If people move to BCH, I'll just dump more of my fiat to BTC because BCH will also face the same problem sooner or later.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Why is almost everyone fixated with micropayments? Bitcoin is what it is, if it could only be succesful when used for paying scones and pancackes, then it would not be where it is.

Nothing stops a cryptocurrency from rising to prominence in the micropayment Space without Bitcoin going anywhere. The economy is big.

That's where its value came from, if its a piece of software that doesn't work, people will lose faith in it.  I think the system is under strain and there needs to be a solution.  Cutting this out will have a big impact.

You might not like the personalities behind it, but the utility of the coin is very, very important.
Activity: 125
Merit: 10
Now BCC/BCH is about 20-25% of the BCC value. Does anyone think it would soon be valued at 0.5 BTC? Would BCC and BTC have the same value eventually?
Activity: 328
Merit: 252
Why is almost everyone fixated with micropayments? Bitcoin is what it is, if it could only be succesful when used for paying scones and pancackes, then it would not be where it is.

Nothing stops a cryptocurrency from rising to prominence in the micropayment Space without Bitcoin going anywhere. The economy is big.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Yeah Bitcoin is a store of value like Gold. Do you can use gold for daily payments? No.
Do you can shares for shopping? Threra a lot of good coins for small payment and daily use.

IMO, without utility, its going to become worthless.  Utility is needed to keep the value high, incentivise miners and keep the network alive.

Feeds need to drop or the network won't survive this and you won't be able to get your money out when you need it.

Similarly, this undermines the aspects of the technology that make it worthwhile.  This is not a revolution without it challenging banking, and payments, and its real worth will tank in line with this.

Fees need to come down or be proportionate to the value of the wallet values rather than the size of the transaction.  Software changes are needed.
Activity: 1842
Merit: 389
Yeah Bitcoin is a store of value like Gold. Do you can use gold for daily payments? No.
Do you can shares for shopping? Threra a lot of good coins for small payment and daily use.

A few months ago we could use Bitcoin with reasonable fees and reasonable confirmation time.
It's no longer like that.

We don't care if it's virtual gold, similar to it or what's not.
All we care about is making payments to our users with reasonable fees and reasonable timing accordingly.
Activity: 73
Merit: 1
No doubt about it, that's why the price of Bitcoin Cash is rising as of the moment. Bitcoin must make a move fast about this micro transactions or else BCH will gain attention and worse surpass the original one. I miss the almost free tx's fees and faster sending/receiving of Bitcoin though.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I am wondering about the reviews in the media. They show shops and restaurants, where people pay with Bitcoin. How do they get managed to transfer little amounts with lower fees? Maybe they have services with their own miners?

That's very interesting ... if you go to eat in a restaurant and pay $60 for a good meal, would you pay $40 in fees to pay the restaurant?

It's probably going to die anyway, you cannot use Bitcoin to make small payments ... the only ones who buy Bitcoin now is for speculation, and we don't want to affiliate our business with speculation, high fees, 5+ days to confirm small payments and more.

Bitcoin is dead for small payments, simply dead ... and it could be dead in general because it doesn't serve its purpose anymore.

If the fees in Bitcoin were measured by % with a cap (like PayPal does) then it would have been reasonable, if transactions would have been processed on a FIFO basis (first in first out) then it would have been reasonable - but the current shape & form of Bitcoin is just unfeasible.

And we have no interest to pump, dump or affect its price or value, our only interest is to make small payments without any hassles whatsoever.
Activity: 462
Merit: 254
I am wondering about the reviews in the media. They show shops and restaurants, where people pay with Bitcoin. How do they get managed to transfer little amounts with lower fees? Maybe they have services with their own miners?
We cannot pay our members payouts via Bitcoin anymore, this is completely impossible.
We sent payments ranging $1 - $10 with fees of $2 - $6 already 5 days ago and these payments are unconfirmed.

We are going to change our approach and be among the first businesses that pay in Bitcoin Cash and stop paying in Bitcoin.
It's just impossible to work with Bitcoin anymore.

Are you guys wondering why people move to Bitcoin Cash? It's not only because of speculation, it's because Bitcoin in its current form is a dead zombie walking in Crypto land.
Pages:
Jump to: