Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is dead, time for altcoins to rise up and take its place - page 3. (Read 2565 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
The mind is everything. What you think you become.
Bitcoin is dead according to Mike Hearns, could this be the turning point in which bitcoin becomes just another altcoin and the altcoins will rise up and take away the market cap that belonged to bitcoin?  Smiley
who is mike hearns?is he bitcoin expert or another guy?i dont think this is will happen,bitcoin will not dead just because the price really going down,and i am sure bitcoin will rise up soon,as usually,raise and down is not matter for bitcoin and bitcoin adopter.
Activity: 274
Negative rating was requested by me (SFR10)
Bitcoin never dies, it just get's manipulated at times and base on the past, if you google, you could find many articles (hundreds of them) claiming Bitcoin is dead , blah blah blah and yet until now, it's here and were here because of it so I can't really see any other altcoin to take Bitcoins place, even for a seconds (no offense to altcoin owners).
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1093
Bitcoin is dead according to Mike Hearns, could this be the turning point in which bitcoin becomes just another altcoin and the altcoins will rise up and take away the market cap that belonged to bitcoin?  Smiley

Bitcoin is not dead. If it would be all alt coins will be.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
I read someone somewhere and they made a good point. Altcoins shouldn't hope for Bitcoin to die anywhere in the near future. There point was with all the developers that have been working on bitcoin and bitcoin related stuff ("tools and products") it would take any other altcoin a few years to get back to the point that bitcoin is now. Maybe one day an altcoin will come closer to bitcoin as far as content, then this may be a likely case, but for now I say bitcoin is fine where it's at.

With that said I think most other altcoins have a niche that they fill anyways without having to be head guy. (Dogecoin TO THE MOON!)
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
Yeah, altcoins are the future. Look at Cryptsy Smiley
Are you assuming that with altcoins there will not be scams? There are the same problems everything

that was a sarcasm, and anyway what's the deal it, mike is concerned primarily because of the block limit, which will be adressed in april, with an increase to 2mb limit

all fud as usual, the people that are feeding these fud are even worse than those that create them
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
So this major fall is due to Mike Hearn opinion on Bitcoin? It is really sad that the coin is so heavily influenced by those things. I do not think it is dead at all, neither are altcoins. Still will hold them and wait for them to recover after this.
I highly doubt this drop is influenced by Mike's opinion.

The cryptsy exchange failed at approximately the same time Hearn made his announcements, and so it is more likely just compounding factors.

The cryptsy exchange is likely liquidating right now, and thus we just have to wait for the sell off to pass.

We just have to wait for these events to pass, it'll only be something like a week at most, I hope.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪
So this major fall is due to Mike Hearn opinion on Bitcoin? It is really sad that the coin is so heavily influenced by those things. I do not think it is dead at all, neither are altcoins. Still will hold them and wait for them to recover after this.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
Isn't Mike Hearns a guy from Cryptsy ? If such a man says this kind of things, this is the contrary ! Bitcoin's health don't depend on the price. If it fall by 200$, it will be healthier than before because a lot of people will rush to buy it. That's this, the strengh of Bitcoin, it's users, not some random scammers Wink !
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
The sky is falling :grin:
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
I think you not getting it... If the leading and most dominant Crypto currency fails, the others goes down with it. People will not trust any other "version" of Bitcoin, in any

other form, and that is just the beginning. We have seen MANY articles in the media before, where a Alt coin fails and people lost money and they blame "Crypto currency".

Alt coins fall under Crypto currencies and we should all be fighting for the survival of the same technology.  Angry
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
definitely bitcoin will be not dead and i still believe bitcoin even for the future currency and bitcoin is more better than altcoin i was not doubt such it
Activity: 544
Merit: 506
the only thing that has failed is Mike Hearn.

[but good to own Litecoin too  Cheesy ]

I seccond this
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

Bitcoin died how many times now? I think it must be something around 100+ right?!
No altcoin will take Bitcoin's place.Why? Well as you know Bitcoin is still here, is having the biggest community, most of VCs money was pumped into Bitcoin startups.The number of devs working on Bitcoin is in the thousands if not ten thousand.Bitcoin is getting most of attention in the msm. I can not see any altcoin beating these strong arguments and therefore overtake Bitcoin.Bitcoin will stay number one.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 253
Theres no altcoin that can serve as a replacement for bitcoin,
Activity: 350

what is the new principal coin?
by definition it cannot be an altcoin, and today we have see a long short panic selling, and no market cap of btc is really hard to beat by any  alt coin.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
the only thing that has failed is Mike Hearn.

[but good to own Litecoin too  Cheesy ]

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr
Altcoins have their place in Bitcoins ecosystem, but i dont think any of them can ever challenge Bitcoin for his throne. Altcoin scene is great for devs to sharpen their skills and it is good test ground for new features that can one day be implemented in Bitcoin but that is more or less all.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain
Altcoins are more unknown by the major of all people. This will take a long time and in my opinion Bitcoin isn't dead.

Will second on this most dont know anything or know little i for instance don know how many there are
legendary
Activity: 994
Bitcoin will never die, it may die on your dream only and there are no any altcoin which can replace the bitcoin. So better hold bitcoin rather than alt.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
Bitcoin was a nice 1.0 project but apparently wrecked by the devs who have proven themselves to be incapable of handling the bitcoin project. Many altcoins have learnt from their mistakes, could this be the turning point in which bitcoin becomes just another altcoin and the altcoins will rise up and take away the market cap that belonged to bitcoin?  Smiley

It's not going to happen because they are all cheap copies of Bitcoin and Bitcoin is original & because the price is falling doesn't mean that Bitcoin is dying .

Yeah but take DigiByte for example, way more secure, can handle more transactions and has some other innovations...Like I love(d) bitcoin but if the devs prove themselves to be ineffecient and incapable, then naturally altcoins will rise up and take its place? Unless ofcourse the devs get together and start focusing on expansion and implement some serious changes...

Its not a problem really , I mean that's why Bitcoin is open source on the first place , It can be improved and It will be over the years. Developers are indeed taking some time but they will eventually get there .

But the devs act careless in my opinion, not realising that competition is out there waiting to take their place....
Competition exists in every aspect of Bitcoin, but the difference is that Altcoins will not replace Bitcoin anytime soon. This is because during the Altcoin boom of late 2014 and early 2015, altcoins destroyed their reputation due to the sheer number of pump and dump coins going around. The altcoins that did pull through typically had a smaller user base than they did before, and also had reduced value.

If altcoins never had the boom and bust, there would likely be more people willing to change cryptos. But that is extremely difficult now, since Bitcoin is the only real crypto that has value.
Pages:
Jump to: