Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is dead, time for altcoins to rise up and take its place - page 4. (Read 2565 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
Bitcoin is dead according to Mike Hearns.Is this a joke? No, I think bitcoin will survive, the price rise in a few days after.
Activity: 404
Bitcoin was a nice 1.0 project but apparently wrecked by the devs who have proven themselves to be incapable of handling the bitcoin project. Many altcoins have learnt from their mistakes, could this be the turning point in which bitcoin becomes just another altcoin and the altcoins will rise up and take away the market cap that belonged to bitcoin?  Smiley

It's not going to happen because they are all cheap copies of Bitcoin and Bitcoin is original & because the price is falling doesn't mean that Bitcoin is dying .

Yeah but take DigiByte for example, way more secure, can handle more transactions and has some other innovations...Like I love(d) bitcoin but if the devs prove themselves to be ineffecient and incapable, then naturally altcoins will rise up and take its place? Unless ofcourse the devs get together and start focusing on expansion and implement some serious changes...

Its not a problem really , I mean that's why Bitcoin is open source on the first place , It can be improved and It will be over the years. Developers are indeed taking some time but they will eventually get there .

But the devs act careless in my opinion, not realising that competition is out there waiting to take their place....
Activity: 337
Merit: 250
HTML5/Node.js/PHP developer
Yeah, altcoins are the future. Look at Cryptsy Smiley
Are you assuming that with altcoins there will not be scams? There are the same problems everything
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
Bitcoin was a nice 1.0 project but apparently wrecked by the devs who have proven themselves to be incapable of handling the bitcoin project. Many altcoins have learnt from their mistakes, could this be the turning point in which bitcoin becomes just another altcoin and the altcoins will rise up and take away the market cap that belonged to bitcoin?  Smiley

It's not going to happen because they are all cheap copies of Bitcoin and Bitcoin is original & because the price is falling doesn't mean that Bitcoin is dying .

Yeah but take DigiByte for example, way more secure, can handle more transactions and has some other innovations...Like I love(d) bitcoin but if the devs prove themselves to be ineffecient and incapable, then naturally altcoins will rise up and take its place? Unless ofcourse the devs get together and start focusing on expansion and implement some serious changes...

Its not a problem really , I mean that's why Bitcoin is open source on the first place , It can be improved and It will be over the years. Developers are indeed taking some time but they will eventually get there .
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
I don't get the logic. Bitcoin is failing, so a half-baked copy of the idea is needed?  

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501
Altcoins are more unknown by the major of all people. This will take a long time and in my opinion Bitcoin isn't dead.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin
Bitcoin was a nice 1.0 project but apparently wrecked by the devs who have proven themselves to be incapable of handling the bitcoin project. Many altcoins have learnt from their mistakes, could this be the turning point in which bitcoin becomes just another altcoin and the altcoins will rise up and take away the market cap that belonged to bitcoin?  Smiley

Yeah, altcoins are the future. Look at Cryptsy Smiley
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
Bitcoin was a nice 1.0 project but apparently wrecked by the devs who have proven themselves to be incapable of handling the bitcoin project. Many altcoins have learnt from their mistakes, could this be the turning point in which bitcoin becomes just another altcoin and the altcoins will rise up and take away the market cap that belonged to bitcoin?  Smiley

Bitcoin is dead according to Mike Hearns, could this be the turning point in which bitcoin becomes just another altcoin and the altcoins will rise up and take away the market cap that belonged to bitcoin?  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: