Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is garbage. - page 19. (Read 4603 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 100
December 09, 2017, 10:57:46 PM
How can we be expected to invest in this stupidity?

Here is a guy trying to give Andreas a tip of $1.50.  To do that, he paid $13.46 in fees.  Does that seem like a sensible payment system?  Not.  It is garbage.  SegWit didn't help with anything.  

If you don't like it then don't get involve with it. I know that we'll find a way to solve these problems and I believe in bitcoin.
Activity: 210
Merit: 103
December 09, 2017, 10:55:40 PM
I wouldn’t call it garbage,  but sadly, unless things change, The dream of bitcoin becoming a world currency is going to die.  Bitcoin seems to be assuming the role of “store of wealth” or “digital gold”.  

It costs me $10 per transactions to trade stocks ...  seems like that is what bitcoin is becoming.  It’s trading like a stock.  
Activity: 1470
Merit: 325
December 09, 2017, 10:55:14 PM
I don't care how people would look at and even treat Bitcoin. I have learned my lessons and continue to hold on to my Bitcoins. Bitcoin has been called every single name in this world and where it is right now? It is high above every single cryptocurrency. And that is more than enough for me to buy even more if my savings would only allow it. As for now, I am contented with the growth of my portfolio's value which is mostly brought by the growth of Bitcoin's value as well.

jep you will go down with the bitcoin titanic for your stubornness
December 09, 2017, 10:54:14 PM

Here is a guy trying to give Andreas a tip of $1.50.  To do that, he paid $13.46 in fees.  Does that seem like a sensible payment system?  Not.  It is garbage.  SegWit didn't help with anything.  

not to mention that the one that received that tip through hard work needs now to get 9 more such tips so he can at least spend 0.04 usd cents for himself  Grin Grin Grin Grin

bitcoin is even less than gargabge, garbage can at least be recylcled, bitcoin has to be removed out of the reality.
Activity: 567
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
December 09, 2017, 10:53:12 PM
I don't care how people would look at and even treat Bitcoin. I have learned my lessons and continue to hold on to my Bitcoins. Bitcoin has been called every single name in this world and where it is right now? It is high above every single cryptocurrency. And that is more than enough for me to buy even more if my savings would only allow it. As for now, I am contented with the growth of my portfolio's value which is mostly brought by the growth of Bitcoin's value as well.
December 09, 2017, 10:49:35 PM
Oh, do you see any garbage worth $ 14,000?

behind the stupidity of the banksters there is no seriouseness, there is no one in the world that "works" for bitcoins, they all works for other currencies. and only the stupidity of the bankster cartels are causing bitcoin to have such value.

besides i would never accept bitcoin for anything anymore i paid once 60 USD for two transactions and i will never accept that piece of junk on my computer anymore.
Activity: 154
Merit: 105
December 09, 2017, 10:47:40 PM
I think you are missing the point, it's clear you shouldn't use bitcoin now for small transactions but to store high value and to transfer large amounts. $25 fee on $14,500 to transfer is less than 0.2% which is far cheaper than any exchange or bank.

When enough people figure this out we'll see alt-coins passing BTC in both price and market cap.  Is that what you want?  Or do you want the devs to fix the scalability problems?
Activity: 448
Merit: 15
TREEBLOCK
December 09, 2017, 10:45:43 PM
I think you are missing the point, it's clear you shouldn't use bitcoin now for small transactions but to store high value and to transfer large amounts. $25 fee on $14,500 to transfer is less than 0.2% which is far cheaper than any exchange or bank.
December 09, 2017, 10:45:16 PM

I've seen truckloads of crushed aluminum cans hauled out of a landfill once...and until it's cashed in that's essentially what it is...garbage.  The cans were probably worth about that much.  Ironically it's really difficult to tip using aluminum cans since the person receiving such a tip would need to go to a recycling center to cash it in.  The time that it would take out of their day (or the person giving the tip should they cash in the cans) would be about the equivalent cost of the fees.  So there's your analogy all tied up in a red ribbon.

Wow I'm a creative smartass sometimes....
December 09, 2017, 10:39:50 PM
When you tip with bitcoin, you don't tip $1.5, wake up.
Bitcoin is a king, therefore if you tip like a king, than you have to tip like a king, not like a pigeon.
Tip 0.01 Bitcoin, and everything will make total sense.

Do you even own 0.01 BTC?  If not, I have a rubber hose I want to give to you for Christmas.
Activity: 280
Merit: 0
December 09, 2017, 10:39:23 PM
December 09, 2017, 10:31:19 PM
Bitcoin is a king, therefore if you tip like a king, than you have to tip like a king, not like a pigeon.

i rather think we should get rid of the energy and ressource wasting stupidity kings
December 09, 2017, 10:30:05 PM

i told that all the time, bitcoin is useless garbage thats what caused litecoins recente one day 60% plus
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
December 09, 2017, 10:29:27 PM
Activity: 532
December 09, 2017, 10:19:02 PM
bitcoin price increase so fees will also follow. miners and exchange sites just doing their business and they do not do it for free so better not send small amount of bitcoin if possible use altcoins to send.
Activity: 714
December 09, 2017, 10:17:17 PM
Bitcoin is suffering growing pains right now. We need to give it some time in order for the scaling solutions to me researched, coded and implemented into the ecosystem. Once they are properly rolled out, we'll be back to cheaper and fast transactions like we grew accostumed to in the past.

yeah bitcoin is indeed suffering from these sever pains these days and i think it has already given a time to fix it on the past but still we are still expereincing this kind of problem. bitcoin always undergo on segwit and hardforks but that didnt help even and infact the problem keeps getting worse and worse day by day due to this scaling/block problems. i didnt really feel those lightning networks that some are always keep saying  or maybe that has not yet been implemented?  past is totally different from the present of bitcoin because that time bitcoin was still verry cheap and people arent aware that bitcoins exists but today bitcoins value is friggin high due to the demand that it gets from the public and that is the main reason on why bitcoin networks are really congested.
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
December 09, 2017, 10:03:45 PM
#This was one of the reason the rem looked so nice  when I invested. Although the fees don't have to deal with the amount of bitcoin.But it would be unwise to say it a Ponzi. It doesn't fall in its definition.
Activity: 602
December 09, 2017, 09:52:32 PM
Bitcoin fees are too high but for now I think only ethereum and bch could eventually compete with it...
Activity: 708
Merit: 250
December 09, 2017, 09:30:29 PM

A legendary member that doesn't know that to send small amount of btc when the blockchain is overfilled with unconfirmed transactions will obviously get high fee to get priority over the waiting time is pretty ironical to me.
Activity: 896
Merit: 521
December 09, 2017, 09:27:47 PM

If you're an idiot who thinks BTC was made to allow you to buy a pack of chewing gum or tip people $1 so they can buy themselves a soda, be my guest. What if somebody were to go to a bank in the United States and asked them to convert his $2 into Euro and send to his friend in France? We'd have a very similar situation where the bank fees would be higher than the payment itself. If you really want to send $2 in BTC at least be smart enough to make it a batch payment. Sending multiple single small transactions with a high fee (because a fee of $13 is far above the average) is a financial suicide.
If not that then, what unmet demand is meeting by Bitcoin?
Because I fail to see any. There are tons of cryptocurrencies better technically than bitcoin. Why should people invest? If people are only investing because of rising price which in turn is only connected to rising demand. Then, it is a sign of impending bubble and gonna pop up badly.
Pages:
Jump to: