Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is gold? - page 11. (Read 848 times)

Activity: 93
Merit: 0
April 20, 2018, 03:23:50 AM
I think bitcoin is digital gold, bitcoin and gold have the same effect (hazard, stored value)
Bitcoin has more investment value than gold, and Bitcoin has only used it for nine years.
The market value of more than one hundred billion. Gold has a history of thousands of years, and it has proved its usefulness over time. I think that the market value of Bitcoin to gold may only take a few more years, when it will be more popular around the world
Activity: 118
April 20, 2018, 03:23:35 AM
Because it has some similarities between the characteristics of bitcoin and gold, among others:
~ the amount of bitcoin and gold is equally limited
~ bitcoin and gold coins its price is also stable, not degraded, easy
   recognizable and hard to counterfeit.
That's why people call Bitcoin a digital gold, but better digital gold. In essence, Bitcoin resembles gold - this is why many people refer to Bitcoin as 'digital gold' or 'Gold 2.0'.
Activity: 131
Merit: 1
April 20, 2018, 03:19:17 AM
Yes, BTC is the next gold. Also a very good asset thats why owners doesnt want to sell it, as the value rises. Another good thing about BTC is it can be pass to someone directly. The only downside of crypto is so volatile.
Activity: 376
Merit: 10
April 20, 2018, 03:14:37 AM
yes I believe that one day bitcoin will be a gold of high value. however, a few days ago I had seen on the internet that some people had made bitcoin into gold, but did not mention the price. Huh
Activity: 164
April 20, 2018, 03:11:03 AM
Definitely no. Gold is a real metal which is used in different areas. Bitcoin exists only in digital world and doesn't have a real value. I don't see any similarity between them.
Activity: 308
Merit: 5
April 20, 2018, 03:08:52 AM
Bitcoin is not gold, both are assets but with different features, I do not think that they should be compared or that we can say they are the same. It is principally wrong approach
Activity: 533
Merit: 251
Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
April 20, 2018, 03:08:03 AM
Yeah I think bitcoin gained lot of trust and it already turned into digital gold to be used. We can safely say bitcoin will stay with us for many many years, price dumps don't really matter cause speculations don't damage gold.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
April 20, 2018, 03:06:25 AM
BTC is acting like a gold right now and ETH is oil. thats how it is right now.
It is an interesting comparison and I have never thought about it that way. I have seen comparing BTC to gold and LTC to silver, but ETH-oil relationship is interesting and new.

Anyway, in my view, gold has thousands of years of history and it has proven time over time its utility. BTC still has to prove it will exist in 10 more years, not to speak about its capital preservation utility.

Interesting comparison? Bitcoin are close to gold and have same huge value but the most safest is gold because in bitcoin no one can sure if it still exists after ten years or more. The gold are still a gold and have a value.
Activity: 280
Merit: 28
April 20, 2018, 03:06:02 AM
For me, bitcoin is an asset, most similar to gold in all its manifestations, except physical presence. Bitcoins are mined, and the more bitcoins people have already mined, the harder it is to extract further. Bitcoin`s exchange occurs "from hand to hand." Bitcoin is a means for decentralized settlements between large players, like gold. By the way bitcoin is even better than gold: its provision is the desire of the miners and network members not to lose their investments. It is on this basis that almost every serious currency is held.
Activity: 392
Merit: 39
April 20, 2018, 02:57:05 AM
It is an interesting comparison and I have never thought about it that way. I have seen comparing BTC to gold and LTC to silver, but ETH-oil relationship is interesting and new.

Anyway, in my view, gold has thousands of years of history and it has proven time over time its utility. BTC still has to prove it will exist in 10 more years, not to speak about its capital preservation utility.
Activity: 56
April 20, 2018, 02:48:34 AM
I watched a video telling that every paper currency in history all collapsed , and USD will collapse too, in future.

The time in which a currency collapses is when people don't believe in its value anymore. And obviously, when thought reversely, something becomes a currency when more and more people believe in its value.
And currency becomes money when they don't lose value between people regardless of time, like gold.

Do you believe btc could be in this position? BTC could become gold?

I think it is a difference thing. perhaps bitcoin is more valuable than gold. bitcoin is digital currency,very fluctuative  and the gold is stable.
Activity: 2184
Merit: 585
You own the pen
April 20, 2018, 02:34:31 AM
it could be and it will surpass gold in the near future, by the time it will become more popular around the world. but right now most of the people believes only on what they see.. and some are need to be educated about bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
April 20, 2018, 02:44:28 AM
The time in which a currency collapses is when people don't believe in its value anymore.

when value of some country's currency drops or as you put it "collapses" it has nothing to do with what people believe in. there are a lot of economical factors that go into that and it is always because the economy of that country has collapsed, it can be because of war, some other internal political issues,...
Activity: 392
Merit: 3
April 20, 2018, 02:27:52 AM
if in my view. bitcoin is more valuable than gold. because bitcoin prices are much more expensive if we compare with gold.
bitcoin is created in a certain amount while every bitcoin is bought. definitely the bitcoin price will be going up .As more people join investing in bitcoins. undoubtedly Set of bitcoin will run out. if the price is always gold we can estimate and setabil. because gold every day in mine and the amount will always increase .
Activity: 489
Merit: 16
www.cd3d.app
April 20, 2018, 02:22:15 AM
copper member
Activity: 82
https://mvlchain.io
April 20, 2018, 02:19:53 AM
I watched a video telling that every paper currency in history all collapsed , and USD will collapse too, in future.

The time in which a currency collapses is when people don't believe in its value anymore. And obviously, when thought reversely, something becomes a currency when more and more people believe in its value.
And currency becomes money when they don't lose value between people regardless of time, like gold.

Do you believe btc could be in this position? BTC could become gold?
Pages:
Jump to: