Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is not a currency? - page 6. (Read 1973 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 2
April 10, 2018, 08:21:42 AM
Bitcoin is a good store of value similar to gold, but how many of us use gold today as a currency. Its why I think bitcoin will remain the dominant one but other cryptos will be used as day to day currency.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
April 10, 2018, 08:19:13 AM
Bitcoin is one kind of crypto currency. It is a form of digital money. It is exists in the network only but not like dollar, euros. Bitcoin is produced by mathematical proof. It is a decentralized currency.
Activity: 672
Merit: 100
April 10, 2018, 07:57:41 AM
I think this is a false statement, I think Bitcoin is a currency. Many people are accepting it as a currency to pay. I see some articles that say, "In China, there is a car shop accepting Bitcoin payments" and this proves Bitcoin accept as currency.
Activity: 546
Merit: 257
April 10, 2018, 07:54:58 AM
actually maybe not as we are used to understand, but it is still a tool of payment and recieving payments. We can still buy and sell for it.

it is a tool for it? But it doesn't used in that way, sadly. For a lot of people, Bitcoin is not a currency but an asset or an investment that can give you a good profit in the future or when it pumps, it is volatile so we do not know when this pump will happen.
Activity: 560
Merit: 180
I'm Matured Now
April 10, 2018, 07:39:55 AM
Of course it is a currency.if you go to the goggle and search for it the very forst intro you will see that bitcoin is a digital cryptocurrency.but also i should mention that it depends on you how you take it.we can use it as our general currency tho in my country the govt has banned it.im waiting for the unban decision.
Activity: 204
April 10, 2018, 07:36:50 AM
Bitcoin is a currency. It mostly depends on your usage of bitcoin. When I buy and sell things online using bitcoin as a payment method then bitcoin is a currency. But sometimes, I also like to buy and wait for bitcoin to go up then sell and make profit which makes it an asset.
Activity: 378
Merit: 11
April 10, 2018, 05:39:43 AM
Is bitcoin a currency? Yes it is and much more. whatever has value can be used as a currency. Whatever has been accepted as a legal tender amongst a people is a legal tender as long as its value is not subject to certain shortcomings and faults and the bitcoin has no defect or faults.
I think it is safe and smart to disregard such statements. The bitcoin and crypto is bigger than the Oracle of Omaha.
Activity: 27
April 10, 2018, 05:28:21 AM
I guess the decentralization of currency as they know it is their one and only fear. We are in a transition period where the old banking system is being replaced and people like WB will lose the impact they have on the economy. Of course they hate it
Activity: 83
April 10, 2018, 05:23:33 AM
Why not, I think bitcoin is a currency in the world. We can earn easily cryptocurrency in this bitcoin. And it's gives our different currency in the world. So I can say that, bitcoin is a currency.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 275
April 10, 2018, 05:08:04 AM
I found a video on YouTube https://youtu.be/qTxPfxmkLIY that according to this man (Warren Buffett) said "Bitcoin doesn't meet the definition of a currency" and he said that "he would not be surprised if bitcoin is not around in 10 or 20 years".

Is he a hater of bitcoin? while other big names appreciate the bitcoin.

Your thoughts?
currently only trust and confidence in bitcoin can convince us that bitcoin will evolve in the hope of investors if we all believe it might be possible to restore bitcoin as before
Activity: 196
April 10, 2018, 04:59:06 AM
Warren buffett is already very rich. He does not need cryptocurrency to make him richer, or he does not believe in technology.
Activity: 182
April 10, 2018, 12:36:40 AM
A coin is worthless if there is no community. No matter bitcoin includes currency or not as long as its community persists. The more communities the higher the value
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
April 10, 2018, 12:31:29 AM
I found a video on YouTube https://youtu.be/qTxPfxmkLIY that according to this man (Warren Buffett) said "Bitcoin doesn't meet the definition of a currency" and he said that "he would not be surprised if bitcoin is not around in 10 or 20 years".

Your thoughts?
Bitcoin is atechnology. As long as technology is useful and many people need it will still exist. I think blockchain technology will be adopted in many countries in the future.
Activity: 22
April 09, 2018, 11:47:10 PM
Bitcoin can be used to pay, and it's more convenient on a particular occasion, so I use bitcoin, which is essentially a currency, and I don't care.
Activity: 168
April 09, 2018, 10:38:32 PM
Bitcoin is not currency, but bitcoin can be traded almost currency at some places accepting it as a shop, hotel, restaurant or maybe some bank accepting bitcoin...
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
April 09, 2018, 10:13:27 PM
For me  bitcoin is still a crypto/digital currency and not yet a fiat currency which is internationally accepted  for payment of commodities and services and for investments/trading. Unless bitcoin has reached the status of fiat or legal currencies, i believe it cannot be considered as fiat currency per se. But bitcoin is evolving and has started to capture the support of more countries and businesses. At the rate it is going with the  worldwide technological advancement bitcoin will become a future fiat currency.
April 09, 2018, 09:43:30 PM
Is bitcoin a currency that has any effect on the nature of bitcoin? Because it's not money, the transfer rate is slowing down? Because it's not money, the encryption algorithm is not safe, right?

No, we are bitcoin users, not academic research.

Bitcoin can be used to pay, and it's more convenient on a particular occasion, so I use bitcoin, which is essentially a currency, and I don't care.
Activity: 136
Merit: 1
April 09, 2018, 08:50:32 PM
I dont agree that bitcoin is not a currency maybe altcoin because before we convert altcoin to piat money  we need to sell those coins.
Merit: 10
BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat
April 09, 2018, 08:37:05 PM

Your thoughts?
well bitcoin is a digital currency, it has a value that people can afford but not at all, well that warren buffet i guest that he is bitcoin hater.
Activity: 223
Merit: 11
April 09, 2018, 08:27:22 PM
Bitcoin was never really intended to be a store of value. But that doesn’t mean it can’t become one, but it does mean that we have to separate classes of investors, each with different goals for what Bitcoin should be. Miners and hodlers want it high, and there are other wants it low. Those forces will pull at each other in unpredictable ways.
Pages:
Jump to: