Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is not a currency? - page 2. (Read 1973 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 0
April 21, 2018, 01:50:35 PM
Bitcoin is a digital money that can be converted to real real money buy selling it out and many people invest on bitcoin in to enable to make more profit and have a great return after a short period of time bitcoin is a real money that can be used to to buy real estate and many more depends on the quantity of the bitcoin.
Activity: 274
April 21, 2018, 01:49:07 PM
Warren Buffet is a smart man, who understands finances. But, his opinion is too personal and sophisticated. He doesn't believe in Bitcoin and that is his right. Bitcoin is not a materialistic currency, it is a digital currency, which can simply be transferred into $.
Activity: 378
Merit: 114
April 21, 2018, 01:40:11 PM
Its depend on the situation .We all have different opinions. If Warren Buffet said that it didn't meet the definition of currency, then so be it. We all have different point of view and thinking. If that's what he said, we, as a bitcoin user, should explain and enlighten him what and how bitcoin can be used for. if more and more organization going to accept it eventually it can be serve as a currency
Activity: 56
April 21, 2018, 01:28:49 PM
For your information,bitcoi had step into 9th year now.Do you think,it will no more in a decade.Not at all.Now bitcoin is used as a
one of the currency in many G-20 countries.I think bitcoin was legal in 15 countries of G-20 countries.
Bitcoin is the both currency and asset now.Many people had start to inverse in bitcoin as an asset.
Activity: 56
April 21, 2018, 01:27:08 PM
Maybe Warren Buffet do not consider bitcoin as a currency, but we should not rely on anybody's choice of opinion. We have the right to choose our opinion.
Activity: 365
Merit: 100
April 21, 2018, 01:15:10 PM
which I think bitcoin more leads to the investment because the price is time to rise and fall
if for currency is not possible
bitcoin is treated like an asset, bitcoin also includes currency but it is digital because it only applies in the digital world and use internet network.
Activity: 84
April 21, 2018, 01:12:43 PM
For your information,bitcoi had step into 9th year now.Do you think,it will no more in a decade.Not at all.Now bitcoin is used as a
one of the currency in many G-20 countries.I think bitcoin was legal in 15 countries of G-20 countries.
Bitcoin is the both currency and asset now.Many people had start to inverse in bitcoin as an asset.
Activity: 90
April 21, 2018, 12:42:04 PM
Slowly becoming popular in the Western world is becoming popular with digital currency Bitcoin, the Internet's virtual currency Bitcoin. Bitcoin can not be caught and can not be found, Bitcoin is available only online, so Bitcoin is the virtual currency.
Activity: 27
April 21, 2018, 12:07:04 PM
At the moment, bitcoin is not really a currency in the full sense of the word. But part of the functions of the currency performs. So far, bitcoin acts more as an asset. In the future, bitcoin may perform all the functions of the currency, but it is unlikely to replace Fiat completely. We can say for sure that bitcoin will exist for a long time thanks to blockchain.
Activity: 587
April 21, 2018, 12:04:33 PM
I think he is a hater of bitcoin who don't like bitcoin.His statements doesn't matter when the fact is that bitcoin is getting stronger day by day and is rising really high.
a man who doesn't like bitcoin he says that bitcoin is not a currency.  but who likes and supports bitcoin he says bitcoin is not only currency but also assest too.
Activity: 683
Merit: 500
April 21, 2018, 11:57:46 AM
There are some countries which consider bitcoin as the currency since their governments have made it legal to buy or sell normal stuff. Whereas there are also some countries which consider bitcoin as a digital token or an asset for investment. So, maybe the man can't use bitcoin in his country,  that's why he states that bitcoin is not a currency
Activity: 78
April 21, 2018, 11:36:27 AM
Bitcoin, one of the most popular cryptocurrencies on the market today, was being used for both investing and payment a few years ago. But today, Srinivasan said, there are competitors in the cryptocurrency transaction market that would be better suited as payment systems.
Activity: 163
Merit: 1
April 21, 2018, 11:33:28 AM
For me it was a currency, it was a digital currency wherein no physical appearance and need to have internet to do a transactions. But many people nowadays consider it as an investment and seldom consider it as currency.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124
April 21, 2018, 11:30:31 AM
which I think bitcoin more leads to the investment because the price is time to rise and fall
See, different people have different opinions about the bitcoin depending on the way they use it. According to some, it is merely a currency that can use in making up the required transactions digitally whereas some considered it as a great digital asset even better than gold and today many of the countries are accepting it. So its fall, for now, is a just impossible thing...
Activity: 210
April 21, 2018, 11:17:41 AM
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
dApps Development Automation Platform
April 21, 2018, 11:03:46 AM
I found a video on YouTube https://youtu.be/qTxPfxmkLIY that according to this man (Warren Buffett) said "Bitcoin doesn't meet the definition of a currency" and he said that "he would not be surprised if bitcoin is not around in 10 or 20 years".

Is he a hater of bitcoin? while other big names appreciate the bitcoin.

Your thoughts?

If we google the meaning of currency in the internet, most results says "a system of money in general use in a particular country."

Bitcoin might be worldwide and not just within the country but several transactions are done with bitcoin. Which means it's used to do exchanges which is also the function of money.

Bitcoin is not legally stated by any countries economic law to be a standard medium for transaction but it serves much like money does specially online.
Activity: 134
Merit: 10
April 21, 2018, 10:58:39 AM
for me bitcoin is a kind of currency in our country because it's also one of those we use to purchase or pay bills, the difference is that money online or digital currency can be called.
Activity: 378
Merit: 251
April 21, 2018, 10:55:47 AM
Bitcoin is currency and have everything to be a currency at my opinion. People who saying that bitcoin is not a currency are usually haters and doing it without any reason.
Activity: 896
Merit: 267
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 21, 2018, 08:55:46 AM
I found a video on YouTube https://youtu.be/qTxPfxmkLIY that according to this man (Warren Buffett) said "Bitcoin doesn't meet the definition of a currency" and he said that "he would not be surprised if bitcoin is not around in 10 or 20 years".

Is he a hater of bitcoin? while other big names appreciate the bitcoin.

Your thoughts?

Saying that something great like bitcoin, won't be around for the next ten to twenty years seems like an off hand comment for me. If an innovation has been proven to help people out and change how our online economy works, I think it will last for the rest of mankind. We can't keep things from being related to the internet so I think bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies will play a major role as a currency in the development of our economy in the future years.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 701
April 21, 2018, 08:48:21 AM
usd, jpy, idr, sgd etc is 'currency' while 'gold, silver' is 'money' , whereas I think bitcoin looks more like 'money' than 'currency' because of limited supply(only 21 million coins), Value increase in time of crisis and inflation, Universality and Operation outside the banking system
Pages:
Jump to: