Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is useless so why high price? - page 42. (Read 4682 times)

Activity: 135
Merit: 10
January 23, 2018, 06:59:09 PM

a bitcoin and very high slow rates, even for exchanges with little value, most of the time nen pays to sell, the price continues to fall for being the father of all cryptomoedas and, for being the most famous, there are better crypto-coins than she , Some day a crypto can surpass the BTC, it is more and difficult to find out if one day
Activity: 208
Merit: 13
TRUSTED CARS ICO
January 23, 2018, 06:46:05 PM
Bitcoin is very slow transaction and fee is rediculus then why people bother buying it or considering it. I have £130 of bitcoin and I want to move it and it is asking for £28 network fee. Why should people bother having it. I can't wait to get rid of it when the fee is low.
The greed of the miners and the lack of really novation across the community is creating that problem. I believe that something must be done if we are to still have bitcoin as the main reference in the crypto industry.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
December 31, 2017, 01:11:32 AM
Bitcoin is useless so why high price?

..because it's high in price.

It's a FOMO digital pyramid scheme bubble.. nothing more.
Activity: 378
Merit: 102
December 31, 2017, 01:04:23 AM
Bitcoin will be die some day, but what we cannot really know now is that what coin will take place of bitcoin.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 257
December 31, 2017, 12:27:35 AM
Bitcoin is very slow transaction and fee is rediculus then why people bother buying it or considering it. I have £130 of bitcoin and I want to move it and it is asking for £28 network fee. Why should people bother having it. I can't wait to get rid of it when the fee is low.
transaction time is depend on transaction fee you provide to transfer your bitcoin, and why people bother buying it? because bitcoin is an investment where you can earn profit even when you are sleeping if its price goes up. there's also a lot of ways to earn money through bitcoin so that is why people are still buying it.
by the way, bitcoin is not useless, if it is useless why do you have £130 worth of bitcoin? i thought it was useless, so why did you waste your time buying some of it.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 516
December 31, 2017, 12:08:58 AM
Without bitcoin people wont know crypto currencies, without bitcoin popularity crypto currencies wont be recognised, bitcoin is the first digital currency that successfully being used by people, and I don't see anyone complain when bitcoin price soar high, I saw a lot of people praise how good bitcoin was, but if you think bitcoin is useless then choose  other coin  that suit yourself, nobody is forcing you to use bitcoin
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
December 30, 2017, 11:57:28 PM
It is the first crypto currency and it is like the usd to the NYSE.
Activity: 1395
Merit: 505
December 30, 2017, 11:55:27 PM
Bitcoin fees are still tiny when expressed in Bitcoin -- the problem is the dollar has crashed relative to BTC so all the poor saps holding dollars no longer have any buying power. Anyone who bought 10,000 BTC for a pizza back in 2011 isn't really sweating .01 BTC fees to move their coins around.
Activity: 462
Merit: 101
December 30, 2017, 11:14:03 PM
First of all, Bitcoin is the legendary a k a father of cryptocurrencies and usually, we trade Bitcoin for another cryptocurrency and fiat currency which is making the Bitcoin price bigger and bigger. Second, Bitcoin is the only one cryptocurrency who had much popularity in the world and people usually use it for digital transaction. Third, if more people use Bitcoin, it means more miner fees for each transaction *CMIIW*. If you don't like how Bitcoin works and its price, you can always use Ethereum for the alternative.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
December 30, 2017, 11:13:49 PM
why do you say bitcoin is useless.. its the major cryptocurrency... if bitcoin dont exist other altcoins doesnt exist also..
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
VIVA CROWDFUND HOMES
December 30, 2017, 11:09:28 PM
What do you mean Bitcoin is useless? Why we should here and why altcoins come from? So the answer is Useful'' because the bitcoin is the main crypto currency of digital money.
Activity: 126
Merit: 16
December 30, 2017, 11:08:30 PM
I don't agree with you with the part you are saying because without bitcoin how can a campaign even start don't forget that bitcoin is still the founder and the coins in the crypto market with the highest value, true it is has a slow and high transaction fee, but you could not the hide the fact it is still the highest profitable coin in the market.
Activity: 448
December 30, 2017, 11:04:43 PM

The issue is not with bitcoin but what is happening to bitcoin is that of scalability.  I guess bitcoin grew so fast that now it's network is congested.

Once the issue of stability is solved,  you will see that it is not a useless coin.  Besides,  it has changed the world and helped people in ways we never imagined
Activity: 1078
Merit: 501
December 30, 2017, 10:53:39 PM
Bitcoin is not useless, why are you saying bitcoin is useless when you are here with bitcointalk forum. I don't agree with it.. Bitcoin is very helpful with our society especially for all who wants to earn even with their home. For me, bitcoin now is one of my sources of income now and I can say it can help me a lot especially with my daily needs. So I think transactions fees are reasonable enough to charge when selling bitcoin.
Activity: 259
- "Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now"
December 30, 2017, 10:24:28 PM
Well, I agree with you. But what I think he meant was Bitcoin is useless as a mode of payment which I couldn't agree more.
You are right it is in no way a currency right now. But bitcoin has shown to be a great store of value , anyone who put money in it the last couple of years and just waited have made some nice gains. So the value comes from a store of value/speculation point.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 220
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ
December 30, 2017, 10:06:48 PM
investment platform! its useless for most of the users, but when you holding 100k btc - you don't care about fees at all. on other hand - bigger wallet also means price drop while you will be selling your btc, so you need to count that as well.
Activity: 67
Merit: 0
December 30, 2017, 09:29:46 PM
Well, I agree with you. But what I think he meant was Bitcoin is useless as a mode of payment which I couldn't agree more.
Activity: 504
December 30, 2017, 09:28:26 PM
Bitcoin not useless. Bitcoin is useful till it has price.  Altcoins also taking price from it.If BTC dies 80-90% of alts also will die surely. That's why its not good to anyone that BCH or Ripple or MIOTA attacks BTC. They harm it and all crypto coins
Activity: 364
December 30, 2017, 09:16:24 PM

I agree. The fee is just ridiculous. Bitcoin was created because mr nakamoto is tired of the transaction fees for sending to other currencies. Bitcoin has forgotten the motto of Mr. nakamoto. Now bitcoin fees are sky high. Not to mention the slow confirmation of transactions. People are tired of bitcoin. This would make bitcoin fall if they do not change this. My bitcoins are stuck because of these high fees.. as you can see bitcoin is going down.
rbv
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
December 30, 2017, 08:48:15 PM
The value of something depends on the perceived usefulness of something. What is the use of Bitcoin? It is the first solution to having a world-wide monetary system without authority, an enormous technical innovation and template for everything that followed. As further innovations come into existance, like smart contracts, true anonymity, scalability, low-energy consensus mechanisms, the technological usefulness of Bitcoin will gradually become lower and lower, however, its use as a known brand for newcomers to crypto will still be there for quite some time. There'll be a turning point for sure but it's unpredictable when Bitcoin will be overcome by other coins in terms of market cap and trading volume.
Pages:
Jump to: