Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is useless so why high price? - page 36. (Read 4682 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 41
February 21, 2018, 09:21:00 AM
Bitcoin useless?

What other coin besides eth can you freely convert to fiat?
What other coin can you actually use to purchase real life services and products?
What other coin has a proven history of success and still continues to grow?

And the last one, what other coin is the entire crypto market value based on?

While bitcoin doesn't scale well, your own personal problem is that you have so very little of it.
If you are serious about trading crypto, you can't just have a couple hundreds pounds invested and expect to get anywhere.
My advice would be to invest more or if you really are that anti bitcoin then move over to eth.

And if you think eth is too expensive then, well, good luck is all I can say.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
February 21, 2018, 09:15:33 AM
How'd you say it's useless? It's the first cryptocurrency in the world and altcoin will never be invented if there's no bitcoin.
Activity: 850
Merit: 504
February 18, 2018, 08:09:35 PM
I don't think that Bitcoin is useless, because BTC is the father of all currency in Crypto markets. Although there are few coins that seems to have more potential for growth but still Bitcoin holds the number one position in terms of value.

Bitcoin has its purpose and as a digital currency, its very easy to send and received btc from anywhere int he world. Its becoming popular right now. Also, its the demand that determine the bitcoin prices. Bitcoin is a good alternative to remittances, as you have control over it, you can send it anytime wherever you are, quite anonymous and fast.
Activity: 149
February 18, 2018, 03:54:44 PM
I don't think that Bitcoin is useless, because BTC is the father of all currency in Crypto markets. Although there are few coins that seems to have more potential for growth but still Bitcoin holds the number one position in terms of value.
Activity: 630
Merit: 100
February 18, 2018, 03:36:18 PM
Bitcoin is great because it has worldwide recognition which is good for crypto in general. If you go on the street and ask people if they invested in ripple or ethereum, they would have no idea what you are talking about. Bitcoin is needed to ensure the blockchain goes mainstream, it is the only coin that can do it
Activity: 1022
Merit: 535
February 18, 2018, 03:35:53 PM
Bitcoin is very slow transaction and fee is rediculus then why people bother buying it or considering it. I have £130 of bitcoin and I want to move it and it is asking for £28 network fee. Why should people bother having it. I can't wait to get rid of it when the fee is low.

Bitcoin is a classic. It was the first trial of a cryptocurrency based on blockchain. And it succeed. Now there are better alternative coins with faster transaction speed and larger network capacity. But it will take time for them to start dominating crypto market.
Activity: 168
February 18, 2018, 03:21:07 PM
At this point, it has a lot of hype behind it. Everyone knows it, it's the number one coin, so on.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
February 18, 2018, 02:03:44 PM
Bitcoin is very slow transaction and fee is rediculus then why people bother buying it or considering it. I have £130 of bitcoin and I want to move it and it is asking for £28 network fee. Why should people bother having it. I can't wait to get rid of it when the fee is low.

Extreme network fees are not taking place always. For the last 1 month, transaction fees are in the lowest period. You can make fast transfers with couple of dollars and this is still amazing for the community.
Activity: 115
Merit: 1
February 18, 2018, 01:58:41 PM
I don't think that Bitcoin useless, because BTC is main currency in Crypto markets. But there few coins who have more potential for growth.
Activity: 261
Merit: 2
February 18, 2018, 10:47:22 AM
I don't think so,that Bitcoin is useless.We can consider its graph.Its future is good.And don't be afraid of fluctuations as this is market.
Activity: 129
Merit: 8
dApps Development Automation Platform
February 18, 2018, 08:11:37 AM
It's the best alternative to pair against and fiat into crypto is still a hassle.
Activity: 854
Merit: 21
February 18, 2018, 08:09:53 AM
Bitcoin is very slow yes, the transaction fees are very high yes, but one thing you should take note is bitcoin for all its problems is still the poster coin for all of the crypto universe.
When bitcoin has a problem, the total coinmarket has a problem and this is because a lot of newbies entering the  Crypto world knows mainly about bitcoin and don't understand the value of the others or are skeptic about putting their money into other altcoins.

So bitcoin will still be the main crypto for a very very long time.
Activity: 167
Merit: 11
February 18, 2018, 07:12:08 AM
It depends on the network traffic, but now the fee is very low but i wouldn't suggest to sell it at early stage because bitcoin will here to stay and will always be the main cryptocurrency that will dominate the market.
Activity: 75
February 17, 2018, 10:53:34 PM
Demand creates supply.
But in my opinion, Bitcoin is having a massive problem with the average transaction fee of 0.001 BTC / transaction. Also confirm time is very long, causing discomfort as well as anxiety for everyone. I think in future Ethereum will easily replace this weakness with Blockchain 2.0 technology.
Activity: 154
February 17, 2018, 10:48:19 PM
Bitcoin is not useless. It has very high price because its valuable. Its not just some cheap coin.
Many investors have so much benefit using bitcoin and many are mining for bitcoin.
It is hard to earn and bitcoin is very important in crypto.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
February 17, 2018, 04:27:56 PM
I think most transactions it's transactions between exchanges and soon it's problem will be resolved with Lighting network.
Activity: 406
Merit: 156
February 17, 2018, 04:21:48 PM
The coin you are considering useless is the number 1 coin of all times and the coin that introduced the blockchain technology for people around the world , and by that it allowed many people to get more freedom and it actually made a revolution in both the economic world and the anonymity concept that was always oppressed by governments , the thing you consider useless has more value than whatever inventions , ideas and thoughts you'll have during the integrity of your life ..
Activity: 126
January 28, 2018, 08:40:13 AM
bitcoin rocks deepens on your wallet
Activity: 1064
Merit: 112
January 28, 2018, 08:34:50 AM
It depends on your wallet mate cause base on my experience choosen different wallets I've noticed that they have a different amount of fees,  just choose a wallet that has a lower fees maybe there are some, which also supporting on your country.
Activity: 287
January 28, 2018, 08:18:38 AM

It's strange for me to hear when they speak of the weakness or even uselessness of bitcoin. Bitcoin is a project with huge capitalization, modern advanced technology and it will develop even faster.
Pages:
Jump to: