Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Island/City and More - page 4. (Read 26371 times)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
May 08, 2013, 04:49:26 PM
Great to see the interest in a floating community with a strong Bitcoin focus.

I'm the co-founder and CTO of Blueseed, the first commercial seasteading venture, and I'll be speaking at Bitcoin2013. I'm very interested in the topics that the community would like to be discussed during the talk, and I've started a thread to get your feedback.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
May 06, 2013, 03:44:46 PM
yea i mean if you went into the arms trade you would clearly have to be willing to sell arms to hegimons. The point is that this just might allow you to get away with creating a legitimate soveriegn oil platform =P.

More likely, you could only sell arms to those selected by the local seapower.  Given that effective seapower tends to be reserved for the larger powers in the world, they tend to act against destabilizing influences, and selling arms tends to be destabilizing, your list of allowed customers might be very short.

Activity: 148
May 06, 2013, 02:37:25 PM
You should look into starting a Charter City in Honduras.  Plenty of info out there but here is a good summary:

http://www.economist.com/node/21541392
+1

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
May 06, 2013, 12:26:50 PM
yea i mean if you went into the arms trade you would clearly have to be willing to sell arms to hegimons. The point is that this just might allow you to get away with creating a legitimate soveriegn oil platform =P.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008
May 06, 2013, 11:35:25 AM
What could go wrong?

We could post our security plan on the internet, for instance.

For a small fee, I will write up a security plan.  I happen to have some contacts with folks who can implement the plan once it is agreed on.  Seal Team 6 would no longer be a concern.

so, cruise missles? high altitude bombs?

better idea: don't piss the big guns off unless you have equally sized guns.

You want security from that too?  Your bitcoin wallet is not big enough.  Better stay inside the US associated treaty networks and don't piss off them off.

Either that or go to to Iran/NK/??? and see if you like/trust their offer better.

not so much want. more like feel it's nessecary. defenses that hold off seal team 6 imply they're SENDING seal team 6. if they do so and they fail, then they'll send something else, that's all i'm saying.

better idea is to not give reason to send seal team 6 in the first place. a difficult thing, i know.
May 06, 2013, 11:25:22 AM
What could go wrong?

For a small fee, I will write up a security plan.  I happen to have some contacts with folks who can implement the plan once it is agreed on.  Seal Team 6 would no longer be a concern.

You want security from that too?  Your bitcoin wallet is not big enough.  Better stay inside the US associated treaty networks and don't piss off them off.

Either that or go to to Iran/NK/??? and see if you like/trust their offer better.

legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008
May 06, 2013, 11:04:01 AM
What could go wrong?

May 06, 2013, 10:16:18 AM
What could go wrong?

Activity: 42
Merit: 7
May 06, 2013, 02:42:36 AM
You should look into starting a Charter City in Honduras.  Plenty of info out there but here is a good summary:

http://www.economist.com/node/21541392

Except the governments are growing wary of free spaces at this point.
May 06, 2013, 12:56:58 AM
As I suggested on the Seasteading forum, I believe one of the best business models would be that of a weapons research facility and manufacturer.

Anyone attacking the site would become test subjects for new products.

Guaranteed to attract Seal Team 6.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
May 05, 2013, 06:47:26 PM
As I suggested on the Seasteading forum, I believe one of the best business models would be that of a weapons research facility and manufacturer.

that's really smart! and really dumb. but mostly really smart!

Biological engineering (including genetics).
legendary
May 05, 2013, 06:13:43 PM

that's really smart! and really dumb. but mostly really smart!
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
May 05, 2013, 06:10:52 PM
What could go wrong?

legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
May 05, 2013, 06:08:48 PM

legendary
May 05, 2013, 06:05:57 PM
Why does this thread read like a bunch of 14 year old kids planning to run away from home so they don't have to do chores any more?

Probably because you decided to fill the last 6 pages of my thread with a discussion of seasteading.

And buying your own private island was hugely different from seasteading?

I'm not seeing a realistic threat assessment or security plan for Bitcoin Island either.

In fact it looks like a perfect kidnapping / hostage taking opportunity.   Bunch of nobodies with money in an obscure location holding  a fortune in untraceable currency.

What could go wrong?

i think they could defend themselves against bandits. Its seal team 6 i would worry about.
May 05, 2013, 05:21:37 PM
Why does this thread read like a bunch of 14 year old kids planning to run away from home so they don't have to do chores any more?

Probably because you decided to fill the last 6 pages of my thread with a discussion of seasteading.

And buying your own private island was hugely different from seasteading?

I'm not seeing a realistic threat assessment or security plan for Bitcoin Island either.

In fact it looks like a perfect kidnapping / hostage taking opportunity.   Bunch of nobodies with money in an obscure location holding  a fortune in untraceable currency.

What could go wrong?
legendary
May 05, 2013, 04:35:57 PM
I think that you talked about Nauru elsewhere, but the internet micro-nation of Wirtland already tried that one.

See: https://wikipedia.org/wiki/Wirtland_(micronation)

Perhaps this is the website of the OP: http://bitcoinisland.org/ No 'shady' palm trees.  Huh Awww  Wink

oh wow! that makes wirtland the worlds first phile! man you are good at coming up with cool links arnt you

I made a post about phyles back in the newb forum. Unfortunately it got no reactions except for mobodicks "but you need centralization for roads, man!" Cheesy

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1630617

Wirtland is new to me (thanks for bringing this up! I am on a constant lookout for the idea of phyles getting more traction) but a logical step for them would be to adopt btc (even though they do have their own currency already, but being the first online based nation, why not adopt the first online based currency?). Personally I'd love to see what happens.

it would be awesome if we could get wirtland to adopt btc as its official currency. It would make a lot of sense. Still part of building the facade of a legitimate nation state is the issuance of your own currency, so i dont see a group of people who are vying for legitimacy accepting a stateless currency.
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163
Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos
May 05, 2013, 03:47:39 PM
I think that you talked about Nauru elsewhere, but the internet micro-nation of Wirtland already tried that one.

See: https://wikipedia.org/wiki/Wirtland_(micronation)

Perhaps this is the website of the OP: http://bitcoinisland.org/ No 'shady' palm trees.  Huh Awww  Wink

oh wow! that makes wirtland the worlds first phile! man you are good at coming up with cool links arnt you

I made a post about phyles back in the newb forum. Unfortunately it got no reactions except for mobodicks "but you need centralization for roads, man!" Cheesy

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1630617

Wirtland is new to me (thanks for bringing this up! I am on a constant lookout for the idea of phyles getting more traction) but a logical step for them would be to adopt btc (even though they do have their own currency already, but being the first online based nation, why not adopt the first online based currency?). Personally I'd love to see what happens.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
May 05, 2013, 03:06:01 PM

Activity: 484
Merit: 500
May 05, 2013, 03:05:44 PM
If you need  Bitcoin Crowdfunding for this Bitcoin Island look no further  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: