Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin just an asset ? - page 25. (Read 9214 times)

Activity: 2268
Merit: 789
August 23, 2017, 07:35:50 AM
I like to think of Bitcoin as both; an asset and a currency. At the moment, the media is mostly right. Bitcoin does act like an asset; a very volatile asset I may mention. Bitcoin is not accepted as a payment is most stores. I guess Japan is the exception to that, but in Australia, Bitcoin is not highly utilised as payment. I cannot use Bitcoin as a payment method for most activities such as buying groceries and the like. The main reason for this is what I mentioned before. Bitcoin price is extremely volatile making it a very bad currency. Thus Bitcoin becomes more of a asset. However, I have to add that Bitcoin is still accepted by a few merchants. These few vendors are the entities who uphold Bitcoin as a currency. Otherwise, Bitcoin would be purely an asset like gold.

Just to add, bitcoin may be considered as an asset due to the long-term investments of its price by taking advantage of its volatility but it is more than just an asset. To give you an example, bitcoin provides windows of opportunity to people who are either employed, unemployed, underemployed, and even students due to the campaign signatures preset around the forum. Another thing, on some wallets there is an option for you to pay your monthly obligations using bitcoin and this provides convenience to all people who utilize this option.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
August 23, 2017, 07:21:18 AM
Bitcoin is something between the currency and the asset. With the help of it you can earn both when investing in precious metals, but they can also be paid as a regular currency.
Activity: 322
Merit: 134
August 23, 2017, 07:12:58 AM
I would have to say that bitcoin is a bit of both, a currency and an asset. Bitcoin certainly shows more signs of an asset as an investment.
Today, bitcoin is mostly used for trading for altcoins and vice versa. The reasons for this is that as stated by ObscurePen, bitcoin is not yet accepted in many stores throughout the countries, except with an occasional exception. However, this is soon to change as I am sure more and more businesses will start to accept bitcoin as a payment method for their customers. 
Activity: 385
Merit: 266
August 23, 2017, 04:18:57 AM
I like to think of Bitcoin as both; an asset and a currency. At the moment, the media is mostly right. Bitcoin does act like an asset; a very volatile asset I may mention. Bitcoin is not accepted as a payment is most stores. I guess Japan is the exception to that, but in Australia, Bitcoin is not highly utilised as payment. I cannot use Bitcoin as a payment method for most activities such as buying groceries and the like. The main reason for this is what I mentioned before. Bitcoin price is extremely volatile making it a very bad currency. Thus Bitcoin becomes more of a asset. However, I have to add that Bitcoin is still accepted by a few merchants. These few vendors are the entities who uphold Bitcoin as a currency. Otherwise, Bitcoin would be purely an asset like gold.
Activity: 630
Merit: 102
August 23, 2017, 01:17:56 AM
I have read in the news that that like bitcoin as virtual currencies are assets and does not have the characteristics or what it takes to be a currency that could meet our modern economic needs. It was said that it does not have the fundamental attributes. What are your thoughts about it?

btc is used as payment in many stablishment nowadays. the main purpose of money or currency is to provide payment in exchange of goods or services. btc is a currency understand?
Activity: 238
August 23, 2017, 01:11:44 AM
Yes. It's really an asset but still it can also be used as a currency. Many people are starting to use it as tool for paying goods, services and other things that they buy online. More and more companies are starting to accept bitcoin so it can really  be treated as money.
Activity: 938
Merit: 256
August 23, 2017, 12:40:22 AM
I have read in the news that that like bitcoin as virtual currencies are assets and does not have the characteristics or what it takes to be a currency that could meet our modern economic needs. It was said that it does not have the fundamental attributes. What are your thoughts about it?

For now bitcoin is a very valuable asset and has large contribution in the economic changes of its users.
This is certainly due to effect of bitcoin volatility on the real currency is very high, so the function of bitcoin that started as digital currency has now turned into valuable asset.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
August 22, 2017, 11:59:02 PM
Bitcoin is truly an asset because in bitcoin you can have so much money.Bitcoin can able to make your financial status becomes higher and higher and make your time and effort productive and can make your lufe meaningful.
Activity: 364
August 22, 2017, 11:01:41 PM
I think bitcoin is not a currency. But bitcoin is a tool that gives ease in transacting. Although not yet meet the needs of modern economy. But now more and more people are using bitcoin as a tool to transact.

I agree with you, Bitcoin is not a currency but I think Bitcoin is an asset. Although there are many people who can betransaksi using bitcoin. I think it is too difficult if bitcoin becomes currency because it will create instability in the country's economy and the country's currency will not be the hallmark of the country.
Activity: 476
August 22, 2017, 09:25:51 PM
I think bitcoin is not a currency. But bitcoin is a tool that gives ease in transacting. Although not yet meet the needs of modern economy. But now more and more people are using bitcoin as a tool to transact.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
August 22, 2017, 08:23:02 AM
I perceive it as an asset, it's too volatile to be a currency imho. But it's a currency for some folks out there who use it to pay for goods and services. It's simply a matter of perspective

Despite all the debates on Currency vs Asset, I think that it can well be both
Activity: 357
August 22, 2017, 08:19:49 AM

bitcoin is not just an asset , it is a digital decentralised crypto currency with fluctuating value ,that is used world wide by many traders and big companies like microsoft and dell for transactions ,

bitcoin in my opinion is not an asset now , it was an asset when it started in 2009 but now the prices are so high that it cannot become an assets , people now use bitcoins to buy assets like other crptocurrencies like ethereum , in app purcases like skins and all , bonds , and many more places as an investment ,
if you think that by holding bitcoins you are keeping them as assets  you are right but keeping in wallets does not make it an asset .you would be same profitable as the others who have BTC.
Activity: 658
Merit: 251
August 21, 2017, 04:11:54 PM
Bitcoin is not just an asset but more used as an asset some people are using it as currency and some are just holding it to get higher return. It is seen that people who hold their bitcoins for longer term are getting more return than the one who sold their coins ealier. I think bitcoins can't be used for day to day transactions because of transactions fees are very high but I think it will be solved in near future.
Activity: 826
Merit: 502
August 21, 2017, 04:10:06 PM
Yes I do agreed with it. Bitcoin is really called assets even if you buy altcoins here in this industry it is same as bitcoin to be called an assets too. Why? Because it produce source of income depending on how you're gonna use it to grow it more.

Anything valuable in my kept i called it an asset and bitcoins is one of them especially now the value is very very high i might could it property that can be sell anytime at the right price.

If you can saving your money and use this asset for payment, we also call this thing is an asset. Special, with the value of Bitcoin at now, why can't call it is a virtual asset?
Asset and money are two different things. Asset can be converted into money and money is used to buy assets like gold, land or any other resource. Bitcoins is both as we can use bitcoins for direct payments and it can also be converted into fiat. However, bitcoin is used as an asset more than as currency.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 255
August 21, 2017, 10:31:16 AM
bitcoin is more than just an asset it is a currency and it is money, it has a character of been acceptable as a medium of exchange to need needs.
Activity: 182
August 21, 2017, 10:28:12 AM
i am a bit agree that bitcoin is just an asset which dont have a physical form and dont have currency but it is a virtual currency having a characteristic of fiat money, the good about it its value is increasing unlike physical currency that have stable value.
Activity: 742
Merit: 251
August 21, 2017, 10:21:08 AM
I don't think that bitcoin is just an asset because it is also a money for us because we can use it to pay the things that we buy or we use like in our place there is a mini restaurant that is already accepting bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies and that is an advantage for me because i can pay thru bitcoin and that is also a proof that bitcoin is not just an asset but also a money.
bitcoin for me is a currency and it is a digital currency that we use for the online payment and it is also using for investment and as an asset and saving as well it is the reason a lot of people consider bitcoin as an asset because the price of the bitcoin is increasing very fast and saving bitcoin can make you earn more bitcoin so bitcoin is good to treat as an asset.
Activity: 840
Merit: 254
August 20, 2017, 02:53:45 AM
Those people do not know what they are talking about, I’m not impressed by credentials, if a person with all the credentials in the world says something stupid then I’m not going to accept his point of view just because he has a piece of paper saying he has knowledge in a particular filed.
Activity: 952
Merit: 500
August 20, 2017, 01:29:05 AM
Bitcoin was actually created as a currency by satoshi.People earlier used it as a currency either to send money at very low cost or to buy any products.But,now with growing price of bitcoin,it is now mostly bought by people as avaluable asset which could give huge returns in future.They mostly don't want to spend bitcoins for buying any thing which could be even bought with fiat money itself.So,we could say bitcoin both as a currency as well as an asset depending upon the user's opinion.
Activity: 560
August 20, 2017, 12:56:30 AM
Yes I do agreed with it. Bitcoin is really called assets even if you buy altcoins here in this industry it is same as bitcoin to be called an assets too. Why? Because it produce source of income depending on how you're gonna use it to grow it more.

Anything valuable in my kept i called it an asset and bitcoins is one of them especially now the value is very very high i might could it property that can be sell anytime at the right price.

If you can saving your money and use this asset for payment, we also call this thing is an asset. Special, with the value of Bitcoin at now, why can't call it is a virtual asset?
Pages:
Jump to: