Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin just an asset ? - page 21. (Read 9214 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 292
September 11, 2017, 12:38:33 PM
I think Bitcoin is asset for many peoples and specially for me its my future assets.Beacuse still now i can not my life is imagine without Bitcoin.I am fully depnad on BTC.
Making it as an asset is not a bad thing really. Yes eventually Bitcoin will be your savior in the brink of being broke. It can change one life especially in his financial status.

So you fully depend on Bitcoin, therefore you made as your job right now, to make a living not bad for starters.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
September 11, 2017, 07:44:31 AM
Bitcoin is money and money that can be sold and bought
-----> bitcoin can be asset
Activity: 38
September 11, 2017, 07:40:58 AM
Every commodity is more or less an asset, and particularly money is an asset, so I've no problem with the assertion that bitcoin and altcoins are assets.
Activity: 244
Merit: 100
September 11, 2017, 06:48:14 AM
I think Bitcoin is asset for many peoples and specially for me its my future assets.Beacuse still now i can not my life is imagine without Bitcoin.I am fully depnad on BTC.
Activity: 1806
Merit: 672
September 11, 2017, 06:07:22 AM
I have read in the news that that like bitcoin as virtual currencies are assets and does not have the characteristics or what it takes to be a currency that could meet our modern economic needs. It was said that it does not have the fundamental attributes. What are your thoughts about it?

Bitcoin is what we make of it. But we can't make Bitcoin do things it can't. It can be used as currency for buying some things online, for some online gambling, and remittance. It is an asset, an investment. But we have to admit that right now it cannot meet our macro economic needs. It cannot substitute a country's economic budget from billions of dollars to bitcoin. It cannot finance countries that needs to lend money like IMF does. It cannot even meet our micro,personal economic needs. Bitcoin is still not at the stage to be used in grocery shopping or commuting. But it doesn't mean that Bitcoin doesn't have the characteristics of becoming a currency that can meet our every needs. Just give it time.
This is the same argument used against gold and yet gold was able to take care of all of the economies of the world for thousands of years, there is enough bitcoin to manage the whole economy of the world the real issue of bitcoin is that it cannot manage that amount of transactions and that is why we got segwit as a scaling solution.
I think bitcoin is not just an asset. It is more than that, because one’s assets can be increased while doing some other business and the assets it self will never grow. But in the case of bitcoin the themes is different, because it is also an asset and a business as well.

If someone buy bitcoin and hold in his wallet after some time his wallet will become heavy due to increase in the price of bitcoin.
For you information normal currencies which are called fiat currency are considered assets, what do you want them to be in the first place? You consider your fiat currency as some kind of liquid asset, in short being a liquid asset is the most acceptable kind of asset. And what are you even arguing about? Bitcoin is invented as a currency in the first place and all of you just keep re-mentioning about its uses as a currency, the important thing here is that Bitcoin as an asset has a really good growth potential compared to money.
Activity: 29
September 11, 2017, 05:45:45 AM
I think bitcoin is not just an asset, but bitcoin in my opinion is the digital currency we can spend online. can also say bitcoin is also the currency of the future that provides convenience in transacting
Just like paper currency bitcoin is also an asset which you can spend for your needs
Activity: 378
September 11, 2017, 05:15:02 AM
I think bitcoin is not just an asset, but bitcoin in my opinion is the digital currency we can spend online. can also say bitcoin is also the currency of the future that provides convenience in transacting
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
September 11, 2017, 05:02:03 AM
I have read in the news that that like bitcoin as virtual currencies are assets and does not have the characteristics or what it takes to be a currency that could meet our modern economic needs. It was said that it does not have the fundamental attributes. What are your thoughts about it?

Bitcoin is what we make of it. But we can't make Bitcoin do things it can't. It can be used as currency for buying some things online, for some online gambling, and remittance. It is an asset, an investment. But we have to admit that right now it cannot meet our macro economic needs. It cannot substitute a country's economic budget from billions of dollars to bitcoin. It cannot finance countries that needs to lend money like IMF does. It cannot even meet our micro,personal economic needs. Bitcoin is still not at the stage to be used in grocery shopping or commuting. But it doesn't mean that Bitcoin doesn't have the characteristics of becoming a currency that can meet our every needs. Just give it time.
This is the same argument used against gold and yet gold was able to take care of all of the economies of the world for thousands of years, there is enough bitcoin to manage the whole economy of the world the real issue of bitcoin is that it cannot manage that amount of transactions and that is why we got segwit as a scaling solution.
I think bitcoin is not just an asset. It is more than that, because one’s assets can be increased while doing some other business and the assets it self will never grow. But in the case of bitcoin the themes is different, because it is also an asset and a business as well.

If someone buy bitcoin and hold in his wallet after some time his wallet will become heavy due to increase in the price of bitcoin.
Activity: 840
Merit: 254
September 02, 2017, 06:44:28 PM

Activity: 476
Merit: 254
September 02, 2017, 04:36:52 PM
I think bitcoin is not a currency. But bitcoin is a tool that gives ease in transacting. Although not yet meet the needs of modern economy. But now more and more people are using bitcoin as a tool to transact.
Yes, I don’t see Bitcoin as a real currency, rather as a digital stock/virtual currency that you can invest into for an increase on your money. It’s good for investment, and it’s just the modern gold.

I don't think there is any controversy concerning which category bitcoin belongs to as everybody have the right to give it an interpretation of what it is at the moment but what is important is being flexible about it in the sense that, why I see everybody assuming its an asset is because it cannot be exhcanged for goods or services but at the same time that won't last for long as we are gradually moving to that point which means when that is settled quite a number of people will shif tent to the other side.
Activity: 130
Hoqu.io – Decentralized Affiliate platform
September 02, 2017, 04:30:35 PM

I think it's close to a currency then an asset, as there is nothing physical to hold but Bitcoins have very high liquidity making it a suitable currency. It is also a very good investment at the moment as the prices keep rising.
Activity: 504
September 02, 2017, 04:19:47 PM
it is true for now bitcoin has no character and no assets, but bitcoin can still be made in the medium of exchange of goods that we need, for now bitcoin is still a virtual currency there is no possibility of bitcoin to be the currency for us to use for sale several years forward.
Why we need make Bitcoin to become a curreny like other currency on the world? I do not understand that, because we also know the definion and nature of Bitcoin is decentralization => The government cannot control it, how to helps them accept Bitcoin is a currency? Huh
bitcoin is already a currency from the start but the difference is that bitcoin is digitalized currency unlike any other and still fulfil the requirement of how a thing can be called a currency. it doesn't matter whether bitcoin is centralized or decentralized it's still currency.
and by the way, there's no need of making bitcoin to become currency since it's already a currency.
Yes of course bitcoin is a big asset, and one can increase his assets by selling and purchasing bitcoin. In this way he may be the richest man. The more the assets have the more the high slandered have. But bitcoin is more than an asset, like one can use it like paper money although it is not a paper money but it works better than paper money, because paper money cannot be used outside the country except dollar.
Activity: 798
August 31, 2017, 12:40:05 PM

Personally for me Bitcoin is a aspect and a currency also. To explain to you, it is an asset if I store my money in it, and I expect it to appreciate. It is a currency for me cause I use it to buy and sell goods and services. So the answer to your question is what would you like it to be. People don't understand it is completely decentralised, strong, so it's the best, it's use depends on person to person.
The truth is bitcoin can serve as both an a currency and a asset. Because it is a form of crypto-currency that could serve as a good form of future money that is capable on dealing with transaction through out the web. And as we going to deal with investmenrs and trading we could personally used bitcoin as a form of a good asset for us to have a profit.
Activity: 2282
Merit: 505
August 31, 2017, 12:35:30 PM
it is true for now bitcoin has no character and no assets, but bitcoin can still be made in the medium of exchange of goods that we need, for now bitcoin is still a virtual currency there is no possibility of bitcoin to be the currency for us to use for sale several years forward.
Why we need make Bitcoin to become a curreny like other currency on the world? I do not understand that, because we also know the definion and nature of Bitcoin is decentralization => The government cannot control it, how to helps them accept Bitcoin is a currency? Huh
bitcoin is already a currency from the start but the difference is that bitcoin is digitalized currency unlike any other and still fulfil the requirement of how a thing can be called a currency. it doesn't matter whether bitcoin is centralized or decentralized it's still currency.
and by the way, there's no need of making bitcoin to become currency since it's already a currency.
Activity: 224
August 31, 2017, 12:33:35 PM
I think they have a point that they call it just like an asset because if you store it in your wallet or invest it in many exchange site that's merely call an asset but I think it is a currency also for me because I can buy with bitcoin, if I could cashout it then probably I can pay my bills or services. It is on the person if he himself call it an asset or a currency in the first place, but for me I think currency is what is best for bitcoin.
Activity: 2282
Merit: 589
August 30, 2017, 10:15:01 AM
Personally I feel all the cryptocurrencies as the future of currency and that's why I never sold any of my altcoins completely. I always hold a minimum of 20% of my bag all the time. You never know which coin will become famous in a store near me.
Activity: 1806
Merit: 672
August 30, 2017, 10:09:17 AM
Well technically even cash is considered as an asset. Put it this way anything that is not a liability in your part is an asset for you, that is simple accounting. From investments such as bonds and even a piece of land or anything that has a value for you is considered as an asset. On Bitcoin being a currency I think it is really considered as a currency as it was really built as a currency in the first place. So keep it brief Bitcoin is both an asset and a currency.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
August 30, 2017, 10:03:29 AM
bitcoin is not just an asset, bitcoin can we use to perform various financial transactions. this is what makes bitcoin very popular today, bitcoin is very profitable if used as an asset and also very easy when using it as a means of financial payment.

Bitcoin is not only one among the two-- asset and currency. Bitcoin can actually be both. It is profitable because the price is rising and therefore bitcoin is getting expensive. As a payment, it is still a sound option because unlike the traditional ways that always go through banks, bitcoin transactions do not. It is direct to the one in transaction with.
That is correct, bitcoin is both currency and asset because we can use it to pay the things or services that we buy or bought and we can also do investment and put our money in bitcoin because it is a good place to put our money and it is like a safe haven for our money and it will help us to grow our money into a higher amounts in just a shorter time period.
Activity: 594
Merit: 253
August 30, 2017, 06:41:32 AM
bitcoin is not just an asset, bitcoin can we use to perform various financial transactions. this is what makes bitcoin very popular today, bitcoin is very profitable if used as an asset and also very easy when using it as a means of financial payment.

Bitcoin is not only one among the two-- asset and currency. Bitcoin can actually be both. It is profitable because the price is rising and therefore bitcoin is getting expensive. As a payment, it is still a sound option because unlike the traditional ways that always go through banks, bitcoin transactions do not. It is direct to the one in transaction with.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
August 30, 2017, 06:32:52 AM
Pages:
Jump to: