Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin just an asset ? - page 22. (Read 9214 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 100
August 30, 2017, 06:32:24 AM
Bitcoin at the moment cannot replace currency like FIAT, Bitcoin is an e currency but still not a lot of merchant takes bitcoin as a payment, so for now bitcoin is more than an asset and investment but not regarded as real currency in most country.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
August 30, 2017, 06:29:36 AM
As long as there are lists of merchants accepting it, which at this point is still growing, bitcoin would continue to exist as both a currency and a store of value. Although bitcoin is still unheard of in many parts of the world, and there are still limited usage for it in everyday shops, we are seeing slow and steady progress towards it being adopted little by little. Maybe twenty years from now would be a better gauge on how bitcoin has fared as a digital currency as there would be more advanced technologies that would help bitcoin be an everyday currency.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
August 30, 2017, 05:53:57 AM
I have read in the news that that like bitcoin as virtual currencies are assets and does not have the characteristics or what it takes to be a currency that could meet our modern economic needs. It was said that it does not have the fundamental attributes. What are your thoughts about it?

Great thread. I was about to post a similair post. The biggest group of uneducated investors in mankind get's a shot to determine the price of a crypto. It's an interesting world we live in.  Besides coinmarketcap.com there is:  https://www.coincheckup.com The site lets you check all there is to know about the team, product, communication transparency, advisors and investment statistics on every crypto. Go to:  https://www.coincheckup.com/coins/Bitcoin#analysis To check  Bitcoin Investment research report.
Activity: 686
August 28, 2017, 05:35:52 PM
Asset with a very high volatility
Too short and incomplete in my opinion! If we look at bitcoins as an asset than it is a precious asset which price keeps on accelerating and can be converted to fiat anytime with ease. If we look at it as a currency, then it reflects the behavior of currency too. You see, it has been accepted as a payment method by many online shops and renowned companies. Direct payment of dues without any conversion makes it money.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)
August 28, 2017, 10:24:05 AM
it is true for now bitcoin has no character and no assets, but bitcoin can still be made in the medium of exchange of goods that we need, for now bitcoin is still a virtual currency there is no possibility of bitcoin to be the currency for us to use for sale several years forward.
Why we need make Bitcoin to become a curreny like other currency on the world? I do not understand that, because we also know the definion and nature of Bitcoin is decentralization => The government cannot control it, how to helps them accept Bitcoin is a currency? Huh
There is nothing as a compulsion to make bitcoin a currency. The reason why it's been suggested to make use of it as an currency for the circulation of increased volume of bitcoin in the market. This will surely lead to growth in terms of value and user involvement.
bitcoin has been, and still is, an experiment. bitcoin might not be the currency of the future, but i believe it certainly is a good first step towards the currency of the future. as we step into a digital age, its fitting that we have a digital currency, and bitcoin is just the first step of trial and error. bitcoin has its flaws; we're seeing that right  now with all the unconfirmed transactions and skyrocketing fees. however, an actual technology, perfected off of what bitcoin has showed us, may very well be the currency our grandchildren will use on a daily basis.

it is true for now bitcoin has no character and no assets, but bitcoin can still be made in the medium of exchange of goods that we need, for now bitcoin is still a virtual currency there is no possibility of bitcoin to be the currency for us to use for sale several years forward.
Why we need make Bitcoin to become a curreny like other currency on the world? I do not understand that, because we also know the definion and nature of Bitcoin is decentralization => The government cannot control it, how to helps them accept Bitcoin is a currency? Huh
currency by my definition is the legal tender of a nation or state; it does not have to be centralized, it just has to be the nation / state's officially accepted form of currency.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 507
August 28, 2017, 09:54:20 AM
I think bitcoin is not a currency. But bitcoin is a tool that gives ease in transacting. Although not yet meet the needs of modern economy. But now more and more people are using bitcoin as a tool to transact.
Yes, I don’t see Bitcoin as a real currency, rather as a digital stock/virtual currency that you can invest into for an increase on your money. It’s good for investment, and it’s just the modern gold.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 532
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
August 27, 2017, 02:37:49 PM
There is nothing as a compulsion to make bitcoin a currency. The reason why it's been suggested to make use of it as an currency for the circulation of increased volume of bitcoin in the market. This will surely lead to growth in terms of value and user involvement.
Activity: 247
Merit: 101
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM
August 27, 2017, 02:33:24 PM
I have read in the news that that like bitcoin as virtual currencies are assets and does not have the characteristics or what it takes to be a currency that could meet our modern economic needs. It was said that it does not have the fundamental attributes. What are your thoughts about it?

I agree on what the you've said based from the article you've read. Bitcoin is far too volatile in nature because of its decentralization. Yes, currencies (fiat) are volatile but not too volatile like Bitcoin. Let us use a scenario/analogy in order to understand it easily. You bought a product A for $1, the next day you bought another product A and still paid $1 for it. If Bitcoin is to be used, (assume 1BTC=1USD) you paid 1BTC on the first day and on the next day, you might pay 0.5BTC, 2BTC, 1.5BTC or whatever. You see how difficult to pay with Bitcoin.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 502
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
August 27, 2017, 02:20:22 PM
Why we need make Bitcoin to become a curreny like other currency on the world? I do not understand that, because we also know the definion and nature of Bitcoin is decentralization => The government cannot control it, how to helps us accept Bitcoin is a currency? Huh

You are contradictory, or you confused yourself in the end. Currency can be centralized or decentralized, bitcoin as it is doesn`t have power in one center. Bitcoin is currency already, you can use it for many different things, someone said if you can use bitcoin to buy marijuana, or some weapons, and in same time to buy house or car legal with bitcoin, that is a full time currency.
Bitcoin can be used as asset or any other kind of investment, but my opinion is that bitcoin is a currency and its better one then traditional ones, that`s why in future bitcoin will be used more and more.
Activity: 756
August 27, 2017, 02:15:52 PM
Activity: 700
August 27, 2017, 02:01:50 PM
Most people use bitcoin to be their investment asset, when in fact bitcoin is made by its creator named shatosi nakamoto for an alternative payment instrument in the form of digital money. But after seeing the development of bitcoin higher value, it causes bitcoin very well if used as an investment asset.
Please correct the spellings. It’s Satoshi Nakamoto not Shatosi Nakamoto. If we talk about its characteristics as an asset, then obviously it has all of them like gold. On the other hand, if we say it is a currency just in digital form, then it shows the features of currency as well. It’s up to a person what he does with his bitcoins but best is to invest in it and trade in digital gold.
Activity: 896
Merit: 272
OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.
August 27, 2017, 03:54:42 AM
Well, bitcoin is not am asset but its an currency. In addition to that, bitcoin is a new currency and I agree to that and you can use your bitcoin in any kind of transaction and some people use it in their business because its very profitable and if you use bitcoin you could make and earn more money.
Activity: 45
August 27, 2017, 03:50:49 AM
At present, btc is a very valuable asset. There are many people who are keeping it, Its value is increasing high, And it is also a hope for change for the future, the virtual currency will dominate
Activity: 714
Merit: 101
This Is Promissing Project
August 27, 2017, 03:16:44 AM
To me, bitcoin is a very popular digital currency today, nothing that can rival the popularity of bitcoin. And also bitcoin is very suitable for long-term assets or investments, because the value of the price of the bitcoin lived is fluctuating or erratic.
Activity: 910
Merit: 501
August 27, 2017, 03:14:41 AM
Of course bitcoin is now mainly an asset.
You buy it if you have a bigger amount to invest or if you are expecting a bigger increase in price.
Then the fees are not very relevant to you because the don't eat up your profit.
When you are a small invester you need to have an eye on the mempool. When that is empty, fees are lower.
Of cours that always depends on where you buy your coins. Some bitcoin institutions do not adjust their fees even if the transaction fees go down.
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
Platform for Investing in Cryptocurrency and ICOs
August 27, 2017, 03:11:38 AM
I don't think bitcoin is 'just' an asset, yes it can't process everything under the sun but it surely has many different abilities that can be profited from. In fact it is considered a cryptocurrency. If it becomes one of the traditional currencies it surely will boost up its capability.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
August 27, 2017, 03:05:31 AM
I agree. Although its meant to be currency but because of its huge inflation, it's assest.
Activity: 315
Merit: 250
August 27, 2017, 03:02:25 AM
Activity: 49
August 27, 2017, 12:35:14 AM
Asset with a very high volatility
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
August 27, 2017, 12:29:19 AM
Bitcoin isnt just an asset, its a currencie and payment processor, fees are part of any business, soo i wouldnt care too much about it at all. Bitcoin does allow us to get freedom from banks and stay out of their control and manipulation as well from the countries. The last years several people had been able to multiply their money over crypto, but saying bitcoin its just an asset for me its offensive, it had changed my life, and im my own bank.
Pages:
Jump to: