Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin MineField - 10%-2300% winings, fully automated, with cool technologies:) - page 8. (Read 88253 times)

copper member
Activity: 3948
Merit: 2201
Verified awesomeness ✔
The website itself doesn't seem to work anymore. It keeps trying to connect to the server.
Activity: 938
Merit: 255
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
Ahh i remember this site, lost a coin a while back Tongue
Activity: 378
Merit: 325
hivewallet.com

Introducing the Minefield app for Hive.

Please note: as with Hive itself, this should be handled with great care and at the moment we do not recommend it for any kind of day-to-day use.

The latest releases will be made available here:
https://github.com/hivewallet/hiveapp-minefield/issues

Issues can be tracked here:
https://github.com/hivewallet/hiveapp-minefield/issues
Activity: 354
Merit: 250
Activity: 952
Merit: 513
excellent game, best ever !
Just punched my email in to the new project.  When do you think it will fully launch?  I'm interested as an advertiser, not a player.

the game is playable already but not sure when I'll launch, I'm kinda relaxed with the development, in the next month or two.
Activity: 624
Merit: 125
alcedoplatform.com
Just punched my email in to the new project.  When do you think it will fully launch?  I'm interested as an advertiser, not a player.
hey, bitcoin daemon on the server got too old, I'm upgrading it,
it will take time to sync with the blockchain, but your btc is safe, the service will be online in a few hours, sorry about this.

I thought this site was down for good.  Fun, simple gambling game but the house edge seems rather high.

thanks, it was a experiment from a year ago, it was supposed to just be a coin flip, then I made it iterative, and then I made the odds variable and ended up with this. I know that the house edge is not very nice.. I need to pay referal rewards.. and I'm happy with the number of users though so I'll leave it like this, and I'm working on other projects (http://bomberman.bitcoinlab.org/) right now.
Activity: 448
Changing avatars is currently not possible.
it will take time to sync with the blockchain, but your btc is safe, the service will be online in a few hours, sorry about this.

I thought this site was down for good.  Fun, simple gambling game but the house edge seems rather high.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
I have 9 confirmations as well nothing in my account though pm was sent. please check ajw7989
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Hi!

I deposited 0.54 BTC today, got 9 confirmation, but my balance didn't change, still 0. Could u check it?

Thx
hey, yeah, the site is down atm, will go back online later today.
Activity: 322
Especially when you have a sock puppet for an avatar too.

That was back when someone accused a lot of people of being sock puppet accounts and someone posted a bunch of sock puppet avatars. Test.
Activity: 350
Especially when you have a sock puppet for an avatar too.
Activity: 322
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
site dead?

"the service is temporarily down
this is probably due to maintenance."

l2read
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Well, if someone was actually trying to steal from your Bitcoin Minefield account, it would not be too difficult.

It was assumed to be too unlikely that someone would try to steal from it. (As was mentioned before in this thread, there is no real security, just the secret key which is sent to the server unencrypted)

you are spreading disinformation and fear.
it is not unlikely that someone would try to steal from this site, a LOT of people try to steal bitcoin, everywhere.

a person that's in position to log in as you has to be in the same local network and with access to your traffic.
that same person is in position then to steal your facebook and gmail sessions too (login is encrypted but cookies are sent over plaintext connection afterwards)
do those sites offer no real security too?

I apologise, that was not my intent when I wrote the post.

I was referring to the fact that it would be relatively unlikely that someone would hack into your local network with the specific intent of gaining access to your bitcoin minefield account, although of course it is possible, especially with bitcoin exposure rising.

I said that it would not be too difficult for someone to gain access to your account if they were specifically trying to. If this was unclear I mean that if someone knew enough information about you, and had the knowledge to gain access to your private network (or was able to sniff packets some other way) they could get into your minefield account with relative ease (as the page isn't currently secured with ssl).

When you access a site through https (default on facebook, etc), all data except for the host you are requesting is encrypted. This means that all your cookies and other information is encrypted, making it difficult for someone sniffing on your network to gain access to your accounts. It is still possible for someone to gain access to these accounts through exploits such as MITM attacks, etc., but these usually take more effort, network access and knowledge than just sniffing packets.

If you think that network sniffing is a significant security concern, I encourage you to use https (if it would not be too much of a hassle) as it would encrypt the path of your site and the cookies sent, protecting the user's secret id from being found as easily.
Pages:
Jump to: