Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Miners - page 50. (Read 64046 times)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10
January 25, 2014, 05:10:42 PM

I see, so you needed money therefore you sold 2 KnC on hand, to buy a product that will never be delivered. Nice work.

You don't know that. You assume that.

Nah, I know that. 100% sure it is a scam.

Ignorance is bliss.

it sure is, it costs about $7,000 for each of these to be ignorant..
where is their fabrication plant you said?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_semiconductor_fabrication_plants

I not saying you are right or wrong in your conclusions. I'm just saying you are quick to jump to the conclusions.
Activity: 447
Merit: 250
January 25, 2014, 05:10:00 PM
So, someone else in here, besides Mauiflipper & I, needs to call CMS, and verify over the phone with them, that CTS is in the building, and is indeed a sub.  Skype has a nice addon, where you can record the call. screencapture... video could be posted on youtube...   That would settle alot....
Any takers?  doubtful... it's so much easier to troll & bash blindly

so you want them to video record a phone answering service?
hahahaha...no silly... do I really need to answer that?  Call during business hours on monday, and someone will answer... !
Daryl also stated it was a person, not a recording, was my misunderstanding... you must have missed that post

here:

They gave us a phone number.  A couple international calls is all it'd take to resolve a lot of this.

The telephone number provided by "Crypto Technology System" lead to an automatic answering machine. Judging by the similarity with the telephone number provided by "Cambridge Microprocessor System Limited", it is reasonable to deduce that both entities are using the same service (which provides automatic answering machines with telephone numbers).

It was not an automated voice.  It was the voice of a real person.
That same person answered both telephone numbers, both companies

here is a preview of the Skype call
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ria37d9mInY
Activity: 294
тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
LIR DEV
January 25, 2014, 04:59:21 PM

I see, so you needed money therefore you sold 2 KnC on hand, to buy a product that will never be delivered. Nice work.

Ignorance is bliss.

it sure is, it costs about $7,000 for each of these to be ignorant..
where is their fabrication plant you said?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_semiconductor_fabrication_plants
Activity: 294
тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?
January 25, 2014, 04:57:50 PM
not if you call during business hours... it's 930pm there, and a weekend....lol
and you were just told otherwise, by someone who DID call, and reached someone.... moot, lol

In case you are not aware, I am living in London in the moment. So when I said I called during the working hours, it means I called during the UK working hours. The answer was an automated response asking me to leave a message. In case you also do not know, Saturday is also a working day in UK.

Touché.

Phoenix: Looks like he took your two lol's and raised you by two more.

Activity: 441
January 25, 2014, 04:53:51 PM
Speaking as a cynic, I have to admit that whilst I think  every new company has to start somewhere, jumping into your first asic design with 20nm seems like technical and commercial suicide. It's still essentially a 'development' process with an awful lot of kinks to iron out. The NRE is horrendous, as is the wafer costs, and a small company is always going to go to the back of the wafer queue.

Aside from the very thin technical detail, which I would have thought would have been very prominent in the FAQ's, the power 'specification' of 1100 watts for 5TH seems rather suspect. 1100 watts at the wall translates to about 80% of that 'at the chip' as it goes through 2 voltage conversions, the first from 110/230v AC to 12-20V DC, then down to 0.7 or so volts. So 1100W for 5TH translates to an overall rating of 0.22W/TH (or 0.18W/TH at the chip)

Now that's not impossible to achieve, but not with a standard SHA256 gate based design, and since they don't seem to have any previous asic design experience I doubt they would try anything fancy. So the figure that would seem likely for this design would be 0.4W/GH at the chip, a factor of 2 times higher.

Perhaps they might want to explain how they have achieved what they have claimed. I know of a few answers that are valid, so I'm interested to hear what their response is.

Here's a little equation about power to consider:

Watts/Hash = Ng * Pg * F / (Nc * F) where:

Ng = number of gates switching per clock cycle - a design constant which depends upon the pipeline stage architecture
Pg = average switching power per gate per Mhz - a silicon process constant; about 0.4 nanowatts per Mhz for current 20nm processes
F = clock frequency (variable)
Nc = number of cores (pipelines) in the device; each core produces one result (hash) out of the pipeline every clock cycle, the pipeline latency is
       ignored as it's irrelevant in practice. So hashes = NC * F.

Or to simplify, P = Ng*Pg/Nc.  F cancels out, ie frequency is irrelevant. Static device power is also ignored here as it's relatively low in comparison.

vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
January 25, 2014, 04:47:41 PM
not if you call during business hours... it's 930pm there, and a weekend....lol
and you were just told otherwise, by someone who DID call, and reached someone.... moot, lol

In case you are not aware, I am living in London in the moment. So when I said I called during the working hours, it means I called during the UK working hours. The answer was an automated response asking me to leave a message. In case you also do not know, Saturday is also a working day in UK.
legendary
LIR DEV
January 25, 2014, 04:33:39 PM
They gave us a phone number.  A couple international calls is all it'd take to resolve a lot of this.

The telephone number provided by "Crypto Technology System" lead to an automatic answering machine. Judging by the similarity with the telephone number provided by "Cambridge Microprocessor System Limited", it is reasonable to deduce that both entities are using the same service (which provides automatic answering machines with telephone numbers).

That is moot. It is an automatic response with the voice of a person. It is impossible to determine if the person is real or not by merely hearing the voice. What really matter is for what purpose the telephone number is being used. By the way, I called the number during working hours and no real person answered the call. It was answered by an automated system with the voice of a (real or ficitional) person.
not if you call during business hours on a working day... it's 930pm there, and a weekend....lol
vip
January 25, 2014, 04:28:08 PM
They gave us a phone number.  A couple international calls is all it'd take to resolve a lot of this.

It was not an automated voice.  It was the voice of a real person.

That is moot. It is an automatic response with the voice of a person. It is impossible to determine if the person is real or not by merely hearing the voice. What really matter is for what purpose the telephone number is being used. By the way, I called the number during working hours and no real person answered the call. It was answered by an automated system with the voice of a (real or ficitional) person.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
1.21 GIGA WATTS
January 25, 2014, 04:26:50 PM
this will turn out to the quickest and most lucrative scam of all time.

Don't give them a penny till confirmed by well known member of this forum

no offence, but I wouldn't believe/trust a 'junior' or 'newbie' member for checking them out.
he's my brother Merv, and we worked together all day plus 2 verifying them.... just sayin'

I wasn't referring to your brother, I referring to 'jointstarr' who's a newbie and said he's checking them out on Monday.

again no offence, but if jointstarr posted here something like "yes they are legit just because I seen them" without real evidence and pics, that's what I'd find difficult to trust.

CYPHER on the other hand as you also know has been on this forum longer than us and I'd trust his word before a newbie.  CYPHER did say he'd be up to visiting them and if I can remember well he said he's an hour away.  I would give him a tip if he did go, only because I think it's a waste of time.

If jointsarr does visit them, then please bring a camera (at least a mobile phone camera.. make sure it's fully charged) and take some indisputable pics and/or a video.

someone here who's got better knowledge of ASIC manufacturing than me should create a list of questions for him use while taking a video.

I hope they're legit for Phoenix's brother, but it doesn't look good so far.
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
January 25, 2014, 04:26:02 PM
CTSMiner_Rebecca is inactive, only 3 posts. Smells very fishy...
legendary
LIR DEV
January 25, 2014, 04:09:32 PM
So, someone else in here, besides Mauiflipper & I, needs to call CMS, and verify over the phone with them, that CTS is in the building, and is indeed a sub.  Skype has a nice addon, where you can record the call. screencapture... video could be posted on youtube...   That would settle alot....

hahahaha...no silly... do I really need to answer that?  Call during business hours on monday, and someone will answer... !
Daryl also stated it was a person, not a recording, was my misunderstanding... you must have missed that post

here:

That same person answered both telephone numbers, both companies
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
January 25, 2014, 04:08:40 PM

Ignorance is bliss.
legendary
LIR DEV
January 25, 2014, 04:08:15 PM
Once I thought they were legit, I purchased two of their 5TH units (so far) because the numbers are just too good to pass up. 5TH for 1100 watts is industry leading efficiency.  THEN, I posted my validation findings and will continue to do so, whether it points to them being a scam or a legit company.  

Some of you are so vested in this being a scam, that you refuse to change your mind no matter where the evidence leads.  I also acknowledge, that now since I spent some BTC, I am now vested in this being legit as well.  BUT I am still not closing by mind to either possibility.  All evidence must be reviewed and analyzed.

So, please, show the evidence of your purchase. Let's see if you have balls of steel and if you walk the talk.
he'll be back later... and it will be answered...  he's at work atm
January 25, 2014, 04:07:15 PM

vip
January 25, 2014, 04:06:09 PM
Once I thought they were legit, I purchased two of their 5TH units (so far) because the numbers are just too good to pass up. 5TH for 1100 watts is industry leading efficiency.  THEN, I posted my validation findings and will continue to do so, whether it points to them being a scam or a legit company.  

Some of you are so vested in this being a scam, that you refuse to change your mind no matter where the evidence leads.  I also acknowledge, that now since I spent some BTC, I am now vested in this being legit as well.  BUT I am still not closing by mind to either possibility.  All evidence must be reviewed and analyzed.

So, please, show the evidence of your purchase. Let's see if you have balls of steel and if you walk the talk.
legendary
LIR DEV
January 25, 2014, 04:05:52 PM
Also, I do NOT recommend anyone to buy their products. I am still not 100% sure, just sure enough to buy myself.  There is no harm in waiting till Monday, if they have any left by then. But then again, if it some crazy elaborate scam, then maybe that is why they released on a Friday, which is a terrible day release.

Sheeze, now I know how Copernicus felt.  I am just showing you some evidence that the Earth may not be the center of the solar system and you guys are going ballistic on me for it.  I am just presenting my findings and telling you what I am doing.  Its just data.  Take it and do with it what you like.  If it's not enough for you, then don't risk it.

What was the research that u did that made you want to buy? From all that i have seen all points to being a scam ? Also the parent company website that was listed was a really old looking page that only had like 26 views lol Must of wich from this forum lol ..
did you even read the thread? Doubtful mauiflipper will be repeating himself over & over
Pages:
Jump to: