Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Miners - page 53. (Read 64023 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
January 25, 2014, 01:56:09 PM
The next step should be to contact the real company at the real adress and ask them in person if they have something to do with those criminals

but someone who is not accepting fiat is not legit and forcibly supicious

btc is for customer protection they said,loool

they didn't say 'customer' protection.. they said 'protection'
to protect them from the tax man, and from going to jail for fraud.

By the way can someone contact bitpay in order to remove them from it

thanks
Activity: 434
January 25, 2014, 01:49:17 PM
The next step should be to contact the real company at the real adress and ask them in person if they have something to do with those criminals

they didn't say 'customer' protection.. they said 'protection'
to protect them from the tax man, and from going to jail for fraud.

Activity: 378
January 25, 2014, 01:45:41 PM

legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039
January 25, 2014, 01:40:13 PM
It would be really easier to ask Rebecca some questions on this forum if some guys would not jump her like hungry dogs.

Maybe next time the horde will first ask questions first and then bite.

Always make me laugh when newbie, junior account defend scammers. Who are you to defend her?
I like when new scam appear and then all hero memebers, and other with history on forum point scam and than bunch of newbie accounts, junior accounts defend scam by saying crap like above.

Obvious scam is scam.
Activity: 294
тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?
January 25, 2014, 01:31:16 PM
January 25, 2014, 01:31:07 PM

Insinuating BFL has anything to do with this is borderline libel/slander.  Not that I'm against others using libel or slander of BFL in anyway.

Cheesy

donator
Activity: 686
Merit: 519
It's for the children!
January 25, 2014, 01:29:21 PM
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075
^ Will code for Bitcoins
January 25, 2014, 01:24:38 PM
That means it is very likely the same person operating the domain ctsminers.com is also responsible for the domain butterflyiab.com.

Holly shit, Josh is going international!
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
January 25, 2014, 01:19:47 PM
January 25, 2014, 01:11:54 PM
a fraudulent scheme and the other was registered to prey on people which misspell the official domain from Butterfly Labs.

well done on your investigations, and thank you for confirming what we already suspected.
Activity: 294
тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?
January 25, 2014, 01:09:45 PM
I also checked the wayback machine Internet archive and the website has been designing and manufacturing MICROPROCESSOR system for many years.  This can't be a scam.

https://web.archive.org/web/19990208012249/http://www.cms.uk.com/

The data points are really starting to add up to them being legit.  Hopefully, someone at the company will be working this weekend to give us more information that we can verify and paint a complete picture.  I think they just didn't realize how many people have been burned and are very wary about new companies with amazing products popping up overnight.

Although I can't find any social profiles for any of them, it isn't all that unlikely.  I also have ZERO social profiles a well.  I never used one and never will, because I know what Google, Facebook and the like do with your data. It's sickening.  If people actually read their terms and conditions and understood it, they would never signup.  Most people just don't understand "implied consent" or any other legal terms.  Social networking is a big sham.   Every piece of data you give them they use against you and profit heavily from it. They make thousands of dollars every year from each of your profiles (data that YOU give them)  and have their way with it over and over again.

Sorry Maui but you are just as suspect as this outfit is. Your first post on here was for selling two KNC preorders. You would not take escrow and when no one took you up on your offer you sold them on eGay within minutes as you state. I am curious. Do you have an ebay link to prove this.

Also did you even see the post above you. There are some more data points for you to put into your equation.

Sorry if I sound skeptical. A simple link to your ebay sale will make me happily eat my words.

Activity: 66
January 25, 2014, 01:09:03 PM
It would be really easier to ask Rebecca some questions on this forum if some guys would not jump her like hungry dogs.

Maybe next time the horde will first ask questions first and then bite.
Activity: 624
Merit: 502
January 25, 2014, 01:04:26 PM
I doff my hat, that is a fine bit of detective work.

I also checked the wayback machine Internet archive and the website has been designing and manufacturing MICROPROCESSOR system for many years.  This can't be a scam.

The data points are really starting to add up to them being legit.  Hopefully, someone at the company will be working this weekend to give us more information that we can verify and paint a complete picture.  I think they just didn't realize how many people have been burned and are very wary about new companies with amazing products popping up overnight.

Although I can't find any social profiles for any of them, it isn't all that unlikely.  I also have ZERO social profiles a well.  I never used one and never will, because I know what Google, Facebook and the like do with your data. It's sickening.  If people actually read their terms and conditions and understood it, they would never signup.  Most people just don't understand "implied consent" or any other legal terms.  Social networking is a big sham.   Every piece of data you give them they use against you and profit heavily from it. They make thousands of dollars every year from each of your profiles (data that YOU give them)  and have their way with it over and over again.

Yeah, but anyone can say they are working with a legit company, doesn't make them legit.

Best bet here is to contact CMS themselves and ask. The majority of the other foundries have been forthcoming on their collaborations with Asic companies
Activity: 63
January 25, 2014, 01:02:41 PM

vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
January 25, 2014, 12:57:37 PM
UK.Gov seems to think they existed for quite some time... you have proof otherwise?

http://i.imgur.com/fzSG1YM.png

Or you guys too busy whacking off to Rebecca's pic to investigate, and would rather just troll?

We all predicted the "unknown" asic companies secretly developing...and here they are... now you chastise the secret development, when it's a key component to any high tech business, and when it unfolded just as predicted?

http://www.ctsminer.com/about-us/

ABOUT US

Crypto Technology Systems, the team behind the CTS Miner, have been established in the microprocessor industry since 1975. CTS are an elite group formed internally from a world-class microprocessor engineering company at the forefront of Embedded controller design and manufacture, supplying products for a wide range of applications including Aircraft Testing, Remote Switchgear Operation, Stock Control, Instrumentation, Oil and Petrochemical Exploration, Marine Science and Environmental Control.

We have been following the cryptocurrency industry, and particularly Bitcoin mining, for the past year and a half. In May 2013, a team was put together to work on producing Bitcoin mining ASIC chips to be used in miners. Our small management team have had the backing of 50 full time microprocessor designers and engineers here in the UK. Over the past 8 months, we have worked tirelessly to build a group of products which outperform all competitors that will be available at a price which is un-matchable.

The "Crypto Technology System" is not a subsidiary of "Cambridge Microprocessor System Limited". They are completely different entities. The first entity is fake and unregistered, while the later entity is real and registered. The people operating the first entity is misrepresenting the later entity. They are providing false information to instigate a false sense of confidence among potential customers victims.

http://www.ctsminer.com/contact-us/

Unit 17A
Chelmsford Road Industrial Estate
Great Dunmow
Essex
CM6 1XG
United Kingdom
Telephone: +44 1371 606056

http://www.cms.uk.com/cms_contact_us.html

Cambridge Microprocessor
Systems Limited

Unit 17, Zone D
Chelmsford Road Industrial Estate
Great Dunmow
Essex
CM6 1XG
United Kingdom

Telephone: +44 1371 606050
Facsimile: +44 1371 606051

The "Crypto Technology System" is using a very similar address and telephone number used by "Cambridge Microprocessor System Limited". Notice the slight difference is the zone letter for the address and the last digits for the telephone number.

A research using domaintools.com Internet page shows the domain ctsminer.com was redirect from the IP address 185.8.106.66 to the IP address 199.188.201.252. In accordance with the above evidence, the Internet Page was host in the IP address 185.8.106.66 from 13rd January 2014 to 17th January 2014.  An examination of the IP address 185.8.106.66 reveals some interesting results, such as:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/ip-address/185.8.106.66/information/

The WHOIS record on 19th January 2014 for the domain butterflyiab.com matches exactly with the WHOIS record on 12th January 2014 for the domain ctsminers.com:

That means it is very likely the same person operating the domain ctsminers.com is also responsible for the domain butterflyiab.com. Both domains were first directed to a hosting service located in Lithuania. One domain is being used to perpetrate a fraudulent scheme and the other was registered to prey on people which misspell the official domain from Butterfly Labs.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
1.21 GIGA WATTS
January 25, 2014, 12:36:07 PM
this will turn out to the quickest and most lucrative scam of all time.

Don't give them a penny till confirmed by well known member of this forum

no offence, but I wouldn't believe/trust a 'junior' or 'newbie' member for checking them out.
Activity: 115
January 25, 2014, 12:32:36 PM
I will also tip !!!
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
1.21 GIGA WATTS
January 25, 2014, 12:27:35 PM
first email I received

second email just received

don't buy off this company till confirmed by well known member from this forum
I really think they're cleaning up before Monday and there's not going to be anything to check out.

@CYPHER, I think you're the only one I would trust so far that's offered to check them out.  please consider a visit Monday or too many people are going to be ripped off.
I'm sure good or bad there will be a few tips that should cover your time and fuel.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
January 25, 2014, 12:26:34 PM
That's NOT the same guy on the picture and details are all wrong.
Activity: 115
January 25, 2014, 12:21:44 PM
Maybe its not the same guy they look really close to the same person but there info sounds different!! There is no excuse for not being able to verify the people on the team!! If this cant be done you would be stupid to spend any of your hard earned bitcoin here !! Has anyone else been able to verify a single person on  there about page Huh??
Pages:
Jump to: