Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Project will be making a major announcement in September - page 11. (Read 53379 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
--------------->¿?
Activity: 489
Merit: 500
A debit card allowing for broader use will create more recognition form the general public, that is for sure.
Activity: 546
I now think it is the Bitinstant card.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com

Why is that noteworthy? Bitcoin community's women quota increased by 33%? More equality = more stability? Hmm … makes sense to me.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
I  still think it's an Android tablet with adhoc bitcoin networking through wifi.

That would be cool, but I'm not sure how that would contribute to any new "stability"

Oh, so Google and Apple announced they just settled their argument and both launch this Bitcoin Mesh Network pre-installed on iPhone 5 and put it into the next Android version? I heard, Nokia is joining, too. No? It's just some toy project of somebody who tried it on his custom board and it worked? For a mesh network you need saturation and this would really only work if my completely utopian scenario #1 came true. If "only" android did it, it would take twice as long to saturate any area in the world with bitcoin connectivity over wifi. If you would patch all existing Android Bitcoin clients to have a service that burns your battery to provide this functionality, you would never ever ever reach saturation in downtown New York.

Edit: Maybe it would be sufficient for the BitPay cubicle Wink
I was referring to the Pandora's Box project
legendary
WalletScrutiny.com
I  still think it's an Android tablet with adhoc bitcoin networking through wifi.

That would be cool, but I'm not sure how that would contribute to any new "stability"

Oh, so Google and Apple announced they just settled their argument and both launch this Bitcoin Mesh Network pre-installed on iPhone 5 and put it into the next Android version? I heard, Nokia is joining, too. No? It's just some toy project of somebody who tried it on his custom board and it worked? For a mesh network you need saturation and this would really only work if my completely utopian scenario #1 came true. If "only" android did it, it would take twice as long to saturate any area in the world with bitcoin connectivity over wifi. If you would patch all existing Android Bitcoin clients to have a service that burns your battery to provide this functionality, you would never ever ever reach saturation in downtown New York.

Edit: Maybe it would be sufficient for the BitPay cubicle Wink
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
Here is the annoucement:

youtube.com/rickroll
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
I  still think it's an Android tablet with adhoc bitcoin networking through wifi.

donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
I  still think it's an Android tablet with adhoc bitcoin networking through wifi.
Activity: 182
So they've announced a new version 0.7.0 RC, is that what they were referring to? Or is it some particular feature of this release?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/version-070-release-candidate-1-ready-for-testing-104173
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206
It is now September where I am.

I don't understand how an open source project can hide major developments. I assume it isn't technical in nature.

I hope it is not directly related to code changes but even that would be ok. Each and everyone can fork the project if he doesn't like Gavin's style.

I think, this whole thread is pointless as it is hype for nothing in the end or maybe Gavin had some private project going or heard something that might turn out as vapor ware. Looking at Gox tells me that the guys with the money don't seam to expect much.

+1

such announcements are the way how establishment hunts attention in the world we know so far!
legendary
WalletScrutiny.com

I don't understand how an open source project can hide major developments. I assume it isn't technical in nature.

I hope it is not directly related to code changes but even that would be ok. Each and everyone can fork the project if he doesn't like Gavin's style.

I think, this whole thread is pointless as it is hype for nothing in the end or maybe Gavin had some private project going or heard something that might turn out as vapor ware. Looking at Gox tells me that the guys with the money don't seam to expect much.
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1022
I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

Activity: 546
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
It is September in Bangkok.

So...what is it?

reading every new in this issue, but, havent seen, or missed, which day of september ? 1st is tomorrow Smiley

Somebody's trying hard to be ignorant.

Yep, gizmo is.

His grammar isn't great, but he's asking what day the announcement is supposed to happen.
legendary
WalletScrutiny.com

So...what is it?

reading every new in this issue, but, havent seen, or missed, which day of september ? 1st is tomorrow Smiley

Somebody's trying hard to be ignorant.
Activity: 172
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas

So...what is it?
legendary
WalletScrutiny.com
do you really know that he's a nice and honest person? do you know him personally and well?

I didn't say that but I guess it's a typo on your end. I don't know him personally, although a person I ultimately trust claims I have been at an event with him long before he was in the news. Said person says he's been an arrogant idiot causing trouble back then and arrogant is what I find his public statements, too, so SuperP's concern doesn't sound far fetched to me.
Pages:
Jump to: