Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Project will be making a major announcement in September - page 12. (Read 53379 times)

donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
do you really know that he's a nice and honest person? do you know him personally and well?

i like his work, but come on.

by the way just to throw needlessly obnoxious gasoline onto the fire of discussion, here's one for ya:

THE PIRATE THING WAS A WAY FOR DOTCOM TO GET A TON OF BITCOINS OMG!!!!!!!!1111
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com
I don't think Dotcom is THE announcement, but someone mentioned it, so I'll expand on why I think Dotcom is interested.  Kim Dotcom did a similar scheme where he said he was saving a company from bankruptcy by investing a bunch, but he didn't, and instead sold his shares after the rumor caused the price to go up. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Dotcom#Insider_trading_and_embezzlement)  I can see him wanting to do something like this to try and create another rise to gain similar rewards.

My guts agree with you. Dotcom is not a nice and honest person. But I doubt he is invested in Bitcoin. That's not his shoe size.

Edit: yet.
Activity: 658
I don't think Dotcom is THE announcement, but someone mentioned it, so I'll expand on why I think Dotcom is interested.  Kim Dotcom did a similar scheme where he said he was saving a company from bankruptcy by investing a bunch, but he didn't, and instead sold his shares after the rumor caused the price to go up. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Dotcom#Insider_trading_and_embezzlement)  I can see him wanting to do something like this to try and create another rise to gain similar rewards.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I am the one who knocks
Will a major company adopt bitcoin?  Google?

Apples announcment is in september....

Both of those companies rely heavily on the current monetary system to exist. I doubt they want to stir the pot like that.
Unfortunatley I agree  Sad
Activity: 434

Both of those companies rely heavily on the current monetary system to exist. I doubt they want to stir the pot like that.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I am the one who knocks

legendary
Activity: 1304
Merit: 1015
Activity: 434
It would be even better if bitcoins would be the only method of payment.  Grin

I don't see any other practical payment method he could take, TBH. Unless he plans to compete with BTC with his own cryptocurrency.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
Has it been confirmed that Gavin wasn't referring to the BitInstant debit card?

This announcement is not the BitInstant debit card  Smiley

The September announcement is very exciting!

-Charlie

Spit it out, don't hold for yourself  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000
Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

This announcement is not the BitInstant debit card  Smiley

The September announcement is very exciting!

-Charlie
Activity: 462
The 0.7 release very likely has nothing to do with this major announcement. The 0.7 release is an improvement but there is nothing there that I'd consider major, so let's just wait.

I'd say adding a rule to the protocol is worth a major announcement. so when the rc days are over, prepare for blocks 2.0 (not enforced until vast majority upgrades)
Activity: 288
Merit: 251
Yes, it was mentioned earlier but my favorite so far is Kim Dotcom.

Yep, I am hoping Dotcom accepts bitcoins for payments on his megabox service Smiley

It might have to be! Paypal, Visa and Mastercard are all out. Most international bank transactions seem to use US-based banks as intermediaries. What else is left?

Liberty Reserve maybe?
Activity: 602
Merit: 508
Firstbits: 1waspoza

Yep, I am hoping Dotcom accepts bitcoins for payments on his megabox service Smiley

It might have to be! Paypal, Visa and Mastercard are all out. Most international bank transactions seem to use US-based banks as intermediaries. What else is left?

Just imagine panic buying frenzy caused by this.  Grin

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
That's the idea, stabilise the price of bitcoin at 1000 usd/btc
well i think there are only a few ways to bring stablization into the market.... my favorite: more money through a major investment or a major merchant accepting btc now.

It would shoot the price to the moon instead of stabilize.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
well i think there are only a few ways to bring stablization into the market.... my favorite: more money through a major investment or a major merchant accepting btc now.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056
Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

Well, sort of. At least according to BitInstant CEO this September announcement has nothing to do with the debit card.
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
Pages:
Jump to: