Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Project will be making a major announcement in September - page 16. (Read 53379 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Butterfly Labs IPOs in GLBSE, and accepting payments only in bitcoins?

If BFL IPOs before the ASIC release, we should all have a pretty good idea of where that capital is going. I sure wouldn't buy.

Where would that be? ASIC development?

That's what I was implying... That the preorders weren't enough to cover the development cost. IPOing now would look like a move of desperation.

Anyway I highly doubt this is what Gavin was referring to.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10

If BFL IPOs before the ASIC release, we should all have a pretty good idea of where that capital is going. I sure wouldn't buy.

Where would that be? ASIC development?
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

Psst! September is nigh!
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
All right, all right, enough speculation.

I'll be announcing http://bitundies.com/, where you will be able to buy high-quality Alpaca wool undergarments for bitcoin.

Nice one  Smiley

What is it then? At least give us some hints Gavin
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wat

I'll be announcing http://bitundies.com/, where you will be able to buy high-quality Alpaca wool undergarments for bitcoin.

Can I sell an undies passthrough on glbse ?
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
Julian Assange will be digitized and smuggled out of the UK via the blockchain while wearing alpaca underwear.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1009
firstbits:1MinerQ

Ha ha, you didn't even buy the domain to pull this one off...

Must be part of expanding in Japan as I hear the teens there sell their undies. sniff sniff.
The perfect way to pay for stinky undies is Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 2300
Chief Scientist

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
According to the graph on this page http://www.facebook.com/bitcoinusers/likes, at this rate there'll be fewer people taking about Bitcoin if the trend continues, thus doubling the price we're seeing now, if the graph is a bellwether for why the exchange rate has gone up in the past month. Currently, something doesn't smell right, but by September we may have some sort of stability?

Take a look at that graph, and try to make heads or tails out of it.

~Bruno~

I'm not allowed to see your graph, but I vote tails.
legendary
According to the graph on this page http://www.facebook.com/bitcoinusers/likes, at this rate there'll be fewer people taking about Bitcoin if the trend continues, thus doubling the price we're seeing now, if the graph is a bellwether for why the exchange rate has gone up in the past month. Currently, something doesn't smell right, but by September we may have some sort of stability?

Take a look at that graph, and try to make heads or tails out of it.

~Bruno~
Activity: 546

I understand what you are saying, but generally, laws/statutes outlaw things rather than say what is acceptable.

For example, there is no law that says "yes, hamburgers are legal".

Attorneys may quibble and argue somehow that bitcoins are "illegal", but they are certainly not inherently unlawful, and they will not become unlawful regardless of what the ones in black robes say.

It is the people who need to approve what goes on in their economics. That is why BTC is important. Having a small group of people tell a very large group of people what their money is worth has not turned out well in the past.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
Maybe Pirate made the announcement a bit prematurely?
Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Activity: 60
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
The quote is: "The Bitcoin Project will be making a major announcement in September that should contribute some stability"

I do not see any game changer here.

I will also be making a major announcement in September that may be kinda exciting.

Or it may not.
Activity: 675
Merit: 502
I think this has zero chance of ever happening to Bitcoin, but if a country declares something to be its official currency,[...]

Think for a second.  Who cares if bitcoin is a country's official currency?  Bitcoin use need only be protected by law in a certain country to gain added legitimacy...

An affirmative law saying "yes, bitcoin is legal" would be wonderful, would it not?

As someone else said, everything is legal until it is made illegal. What would help, though, is legal enforcement of Bitcoin contracts, brought about through favorable judicial rulings. Namely, a judgment that ordered one party to pay another party in Bitcoins.
legendary
Gavin = Pirate = Satoshi

Q.E.D.

GPS Mobile now comes to mind.
Activity: 546
I think this has zero chance of ever happening to Bitcoin, but if a country declares something to be its official currency,[...]

Think for a second.  Who cares if bitcoin is a country's official currency?  Bitcoin use need only be protected by law in a certain country to gain added legitimacy...

An affirmative law saying "yes, bitcoin is legal" would be wonderful, would it not?

I understand what you are saying, but generally, laws/statutes outlaw things rather than say what is acceptable.

For example, there is no law that says "yes, hamburgers are legal".

Attorneys may quibble and argue somehow that bitcoins are "illegal", but they are certainly not inherently unlawful, and they will not become unlawful regardless of what the ones in black robes say.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
Anyone here have any idea as to what Gavin was alluding to?

The Bitcoin Project will be making a major announcement in September that should contribute some stability, he said. Still, he predicted things will continue to be exciting in the world of Bitcoin with "continued controversy and chaos."

http://www.theverge.com/2012/8/15/3243200/bitcoin-ponzi-schemes-savings-and-trust

Second to last paragraph. Multisig?

Ecuador is changing its name to Wikitopia, appointing Julian Assange benevolent dictator for life and making Bitcoin ("Bitpeso") the official currency.  All foreign debt will be repaid in LitePeso...

*looks forward to more exciting controversy and chaos*
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1099

Pages:
Jump to: