Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Project will be making a major announcement in September - page 21. (Read 53379 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
When I read the article yesterday, I just assumed it was multisig.
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
Most likely having multisig all finished and vetted for release.

We all know about multisig but it will likely be a significant enough update to warrant an announcement to those who have not been following.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
A worldwide Point of Sale system needing no extra hardware...

Doesn't this already sort of exist? If I owned a convenience store, I'd just have to access my blockchain.info wallet and turn it into a point of sale system, no? I could do it on a laptop, but in a pinch, it would even work with my phone.

I think I have seen something in another thread somewhere, but as far as getting it adopted, I do not think it has happened.

Software is a mystery to the "un-geeked", so they are not going to to know what those steps are that you mentioned. It needs to be a "one-click" installation, ready to use.
Activity: 700
What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!
He'll be announcing that his relic collection will be being exhibited at The Guggenheim Museum in New York.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004
Could be many things! 

1.0 version (most likely)
ASIC unfriendly changes (doubtful but possible)
some major player building in bitcoin support into a popular product
changes to the block reward (the halving)
legendary
Activity: 1221
Merit: 1025
e-ducat.fr
Is this pre-announcement of a major announcement fueling the current rally ?
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!

Doesn't this already sort of exist? If I owned a convenience store, I'd just have to access my blockchain.info wallet and turn it into a point of sale system, no? I could do it on a laptop, but in a pinch, it would even work with my phone.
Yes, your right. I think the dream solution would be some software that would run on existing machines like credit card readers.
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh
0.7 release?  With raw transaction capabilities?
+1
Activity: 434
I'm going to guess either a country or bank recognizing it as a currency.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
NO block reward halving in December and a change of the maximum amount of Bitcoin to 20 Billion

Just like a real central authority would do, Bitcoin's entrance in the real world  Grin

All that would do is remove the developers from being Bitcoin developers. I realize you're probably joking but any newbies reading this thread should know that the developers don't have that kind of unilateral power over the network; miners and full nodes would have to update/migrate their software to accept this change.

It was indeed a JOKE

Whatever it is that The Bitcoin Developers will announce it will no doubt bring us one step closer to getting Bitcoin out of the Beta stage !

Can't wait for the day Bitcoin 1.0 is launched Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

Activity: 225
Merit: 101
NO block reward halving in December and a change of the maximum amount of Bitcoin to 20 Billion

Just like a real central authority would do, Bitcoin's entrance in the real world  Grin

All that would do is remove the developers from being Bitcoin developers. I realize you're probably joking but any newbies reading this thread should know that the developers don't have that kind of unilateral power over the network; miners and full nodes would have to update/migrate their software to accept this change.
Activity: 868

Activity: 247
0.7 release?  With raw transaction capabilities?
Activity: 546
Activity: 700
What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!
Bitcoin is going to be regulated as a currency.
legendary
Activity: 873
Anyone here have any idea as to what Gavin was alluding to?

The Bitcoin Project will be making a major announcement in September that should contribute some stability, he said.

jp morgan, the original inventors of "project satoshi" will be taking over the project and acquiring bfl labs (but don't worry, refunding all the funds from pre-sales, .. in dollars though, at the prices quoted when prepayment was sent).

or not.

maybe it has to do with easier double spend detection plus a client that uses leveldb so full nodes are much easier.
vip
Activity: 1052
Merit: 1155

The Bitcoin Project will be making a major announcement in September that should contribute some stability, he said. Still, he predicted things will continue to be exciting in the world of Bitcoin with "continued controversy and chaos."

http://www.theverge.com/2012/8/15/3243200/bitcoin-ponzi-schemes-savings-and-trust

Second to last paragraph. Multisig?

I don't think it is multisig since everyone already knows that is coming.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0

The Bitcoin Project will be making a major announcement in September that should contribute some stability, he said. Still, he predicted things will continue to be exciting in the world of Bitcoin with "continued controversy and chaos."

http://www.theverge.com/2012/8/15/3243200/bitcoin-ponzi-schemes-savings-and-trust

Second to last paragraph. Multisig?

Pages:
Jump to: