Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Project will be making a major announcement in September - page 3. (Read 53379 times)

legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1022
I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.
Bitcoin's major announcement in September is the all new iPhone 5! Look how successful bitcoin has been in generating demand for this product! Way to go bitcoin!
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
OKAY GUYS GAVIN MEANT SOME SEPTEMBER.......2013, 2014...20XX. Cheesy
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
Did they specify september 2012?

Roll Eyes

The way the English language tends to work is if someone says something like "In September" and they say that in August, or earlier, then it is assumed they mean the September coming up, not the one next year or at some other point in time in the future.  Only if they mean some other September other than the one immediately coming up would they need to be more specific.   Unless Gavin is playing childish word games, like Matthew did to get out of his bet...  And I don't think he is, do you?  

And if you have read Gavin's words in this thread and elsewhere you should see that he regrets saying what he did and having it getting blown out of proportion like this... so settle down ffs and move on.   Cheesy   There isn't going to be some earth shaking revelation coming in the near future in regard to Bitcoin.    

I'm sure Gavin and the team is working on releasing some new key features to their client.

Good software takes time

That's the announcement ... Tongue

edit: Bitcoin version 0.7.0 ... running out of beta numbers  1.0.0 is coming out soon Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

agreed...   announcement about an announcement...

if it is one thing i have learned in my years in IT.   2 words:  managing expectations
Activity: 763
Merit: 500
There isn't going to be some earth shaking revelation coming in the near future in regard to Bitcoin.    
still, it could have been, but got revoked or disappeared somehow.

that's the downside of making announcements for upcoming announcements!
legendary
Activity: 2030
My money; Our Bitcoin.

Roll Eyes

The way the English language tends to work is if someone says something like "In September" and they say that in August, or earlier, then it is assumed they mean the September coming up, not the one next year or at some other point in time in the future.  Only if they mean some other September other than the one immediately coming up would they need to be more specific.   Unless Gavin is playing childish word games, like Matthew did to get out of his bet...  And I don't think he is, do you?  

And if you have read Gavin's words in this thread and elsewhere you should see that he regrets saying what he did and having it getting blown out of proportion like this... so settle down ffs and move on.   Cheesy   There isn't going to be some earth shaking revelation coming in the near future in regard to Bitcoin.    
legendary

Smiley  I missed that particular detail
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat
legendary

september nearly gone....
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
I dont see why all the secrecy. Just spit it out. Sheesh.
Activity: 743
 maybe GoldMoney + Bitcoin wedding   Grin
staff
Activity: 4256
Merit: 1208
I support freedom of choice
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206
What do you guys think about this:

Creating a secure payment protocol so I can tell people "send payment to [email protected]" and be confident that I'll get the coins is very high on my priority list.
There will be squatters with addresses like gavinandressen@clearcion.com. I hope there is parity checking in this protocol.
+1
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

Creating a secure payment protocol so I can tell people "send payment to [email protected]" and be confident that I'll get the coins is very high on my priority list.
There will be squatters with addresses like gavinandressen@clearcion.com. I hope there is parity checking in this protocol.
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

buy on rumours, sell on facts!  Grin
Activity: 743

https://clearcoin.appspot.com/about
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Activity: 714
Merit: 502
Who wants to bet that the announcement will be delayed? http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=689
government accepting Bitcoin for paying tax".

You heard it here first folks...RALLY!!!!!! Smiley
kjj
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1026
Who wants to bet that the announcement will be delayed? http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=689
Even if not delayed this thread has so raised people's expectations that anything short of a government accepting Bitcoin for paying tax is going to be a disappointment. Whatever Gavin comes up with is bound to be met with lots of "oh, that's all?".

Ahh, yes, the Segway effect.
Pages:
Jump to: