Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Project will be making a major announcement in September - page 5. (Read 53379 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

It's the setup for a classic profit situation: Buy on Rumor, Sell on News.

The same way wars are waged when the Major Media is in control by a few.  ↓

Media : Look! There may be a boogie man!

Public : Oh no, a boogie man!?

Media : Yes, a boogie man!

Public : pandemonium

(Sorry.. back on topic )
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com
I'm actually very surprised to see the bitcoin rate still at 11.95. For me this means that people with money at hands did not follow these rumors at all and the price has more solid reasons than stupid speculation. Anybody who's taking this thread seriously should have sold yesterday.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
So, the conference is over, and nothing qualified as "major announcement"?
..or are you all silent until you transferred all pension and kids college funds to the exchanges..? :-p

Ente

Yep.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
It will be interesting to see what developments if any arise out of the meetings
legendary
Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001
So, the conference is over, and nothing qualified as "major announcement"?
..or are you all silent until you transferred all pension and kids college funds to the exchanges..? :-p

Ente
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
The September announcement is related to this post:

I've said that I think the download-and-install-software-on-your-PC is a mostly-dead way of using software, and that the vast majority of people using Bitcoin in a year or three will be using it via a web application or on their smart phone. That's half of the reason why I don't think improving the UI is a high priority right now (the other half is because I think solving wallet security and backup issues is critical).

RE: funding development: funding open source software projects is tricky; if done poorly you end up with a couple of paid developers and lots of disappointed unpaid former contributors who decide "I'm not gonna work if I'm not gonna get paid."

That said... stay tuned, and I'll say more when I can.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Obviously it will be announced at the conference, yes. Unfortunately, with all the built-up hype, it is almost guaranteed to be a major anti-climactic let-down.

Unless the news is less exciting than the rumor, in which case you lose.
No. The idea is that rumors drive the price to a climax at the delivery date which is why you should sell slightly before the delivery date to maximize your profit. If the rumors were placed deliberately, this is what you call pump and dump which is very common among penny stocks and bitcoin (I see bitcoin as a very accessible penny stock in that sense).

Big difference between penny stock and bitcoin= $11.60

Ok, I'm not into stocks but I watched some youtube videos on the subject. Some really care about the value of a single stock but I don't understand how this is of any relevance. For me a penny stock is something with a market cap low enough to be the play ball of single market participants.

How low of a market cap?
legendary
WalletScrutiny.com
Obviously it will be announced at the conference, yes. Unfortunately, with all the built-up hype, it is almost guaranteed to be a major anti-climactic let-down.

No. The idea is that rumors drive the price to a climax at the delivery date which is why you should sell slightly before the delivery date to maximize your profit. If the rumors were placed deliberately, this is what you call pump and dump which is very common among penny stocks and bitcoin (I see bitcoin as a very accessible penny stock in that sense).

Ok, I'm not into stocks but I watched some youtube videos on the subject. Some really care about the value of a single stock but I don't understand how this is of any relevance. For me a penny stock is something with a market cap low enough to be the play ball of single market participants.
legendary
I believe this will be the announcement:

"HEY GAIZ LET'S ALL SELL BITCOINS AT THE SAME TIME. LIKE RIGHT NOW!" Cheesy
legendary

legendary
WalletScrutiny.com

legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

+1
so much rumor in bitasia! ASIC, major announcement, Bitcoin credit card.

the people needs facts not announcements! we are not playing christmas here!
Activity: 675
Merit: 502

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
firstbits 1LoCBS

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Could it be that the only way to tax the rich is to make their money (and every one else's) worthless?

If you take a look at history, the very rich are the only one getting richer in an inflationnay economy. This is a great read for example Smiley

When your revenues are tied to physical/real assets, you don't care about the value of your money. Plus you also have the means to profit by speculating on exchange rates and evading your capital in others currencies.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001
I've checked the bitcoin2012 site and was surprised to see no mention of Gavin as a speaker I thought he'd be the one making the announcement.

Nope, he announced the announcement, but not that he would be making it.
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
I've checked the bitcoin2012 site and was surprised to see no mention of Gavin as a speaker I thought he'd be the one making the announcement.
Please let the devs have some peace and quiet. There won't be any cool surprises if we keep bugging them.  Cheesy
Activity: 714
Merit: 502
Activity: 444
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1722
Is the announcement going to be made during the Bitcoin conference today/tomorrow?
Pages:
Jump to: