Author

Topic: Bitcoin puzzle transaction ~32 BTC prize to who solves it - page 292. (Read 208393 times)

Activity: 169
Merit: 23
Pretty good performance. I'm at 10,000 keys/s, pretty slow, so I will get nowhere for values > #40 without trying to improve code or coding for GPU.

Anyhow, I think even with GPU we won't go too far...

Do you know anything about who created this 32 BTC puzzle?
A GPU cracker would take at most a year for solving the next 251 address at 35,000,000 keys/s. I guess it will be cracked too in future, but for fun and not for money.

I don't know who made this pizzle.

Exactly.

One thing I was wondering is if it is possible somehow to tweak some ASIC miner out there to turn it into a cracker?

I have no idea if such thing is possible as I never used any ASIC miner.
Activity: 38
Merit: 2
Pretty good performance. I'm at 10,000 keys/s, pretty slow, so I will get nowhere for values > #40 without trying to improve code or coding for GPU.

A GPU cracker would take at most ~a year for solving the next 251 address at 35,000,000 keys/s. I guess it will be cracked too in future, but for fun and not for money.

I don't know who made this pizzle.
Your results are from CPU or GPU?

What's your performance?
I was involved in the challenge and earned some BTC. I speedhacked the code in the mealtime at work straight after I saw the puzzle back in January 2015 and started it on some server remotely. The first version could do about 100,000 keys/s using a CPU. After some improvements I boosted the rate to 700,000 keys/s on a single computer. Later I ran it on many computers and checked million of keys/s. Luckly I could recycle the code later in the August 2015 puzzle at https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-cipherpuzzle-056-prize-bitcoins-solved-1144807
I had no time to learn how to code on a GPU.

What's your performance?
I was involved in the challenge and earned some BTC. I speedhacked the code in the mealtime at work straight after I saw the puzzle back in January 2015 and started it on some server remotely. The first version could do about 100,000 keys/s using a CPU. After some improvements I boosted the rate to 700,000 keys/s on a single computer. Later I ran it on many computers and checked million of keys/s. Luckly I could recycle the code later in the August 2015 puzzle at https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-cipherpuzzle-056-prize-bitcoins-solved-1144807
I had no time to learn how to code on a GPU.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Well damn I can't code so there goes that option
If I was smart enough to do this I would, looks fun
So could I just use vanitygen & type in
vanitygen.exe -t 50 -v [address]?
Or is there different else to do
Vanitygen doesn't support this way of address generation but you can create your own customized program by copying some code off vanitygen.

It doesn't make sense to use the CPU version anymore if you plan to brute force the keys above 250.

What's your performance?
Vanitygen doesn't support this way of address generation but you can create your own customized program by copying some code off vanitygen.

It doesn't make sense to use the CPU version anymore if you plan to brute force the keys above 250.
Very good! Thanks

What does the column Log(2) mean exactly? What are the calculations behind it?
Log(2) = Logarithm to the base 2 of the decimal value.

How did you find the private key for the first address?
Brute force

Log(2) = Logarithm to the base 2 of the decimal value.

Brute force
I'm horrible at this stuff, just curious..
Maybe once I figure that out I can give this a shot
Here are all keys from #1 to #40:
-snip-

Very good! Thanks

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481
I don't know why but I'm smelling a big scam. Because a newbie that offer more than 12 000€ to solve a following of numbers this is strange...

Pls read the posts first before spamming for sig campaign
Here are all keys from #1 to #40:
BitsHexDecimalBinaryAs raw textLog(2)
This is the address #25:

KwDiBf89QgGbjEhKnhXJuH7LrciVrZi3qYjgd9M7siAXycwkwRQg
15JhYXn6Mx3oF4Y7PcTAv2wVVAuCFFQNiP

Nobody knows yet any others?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
What I don't understand exactly is how 1 encodes to a private key.

1 doesn't "encode to a private key", 1 IS a private key.

An ECDSA private key is simply a number.  For bitcoin, it is ANY number between 1 and 115792089237316195423570985008687907852837564279074904382605163141518161494336
(when represented in base 10)

That number can be represented in any of various forms such as binary, hexadecimal, octal, decimal, base58, or Wallet Import Format (also known as base58check or WIF).

Perhaps you are asking how to represent the decimal value of 1 in WIF?

Yes, sometimes asking the right questions is also an issue... And I think that's the right question I wanted to ask. Tried fiddling with this but haven't reached a working WIF for 1.

I guess there is yet much more to learn about Bitcoin than I could ever imagine Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262
BTC or BUST
Maybe someone paced this "puzzle" into the blockchain for people to work on so it would like a thermometer of how safe Bitcoin still is. More of these wallets getting cracked is like the temperature going up. By however many wallets in this puzzle have been cracked you can see how close people are to cracking bitcoin itself by each successive address being harder and harder to crack and by the end of the list you would be able to crack any BTC addy..

Maybe this is linked to the "secret alert codes" or something like that so if we ever get close to being able to crack bitcoin (crcaking many/most of these addys) it would be an alert that the cryptography of bitcoin needs to be upgraded to stay ahead of current cracking power..

Assuming all bruteforce and there is no key to the puzzle.

Does this make any sense or do I completely not understand what you guys are on about in this thread? Very possible..
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 4794
What I don't understand exactly is how 1 encodes to a private key.

1 doesn't "encode to a private key", 1 IS a private key.

An ECDSA private key is simply a number.  For bitcoin, it is ANY number between 1 and 115792089237316195423570985008687907852837564279074904382605163141518161494336
(when represented in base 10)

That number can be represented in any of various forms such as binary, hexadecimal, octal, decimal, base58, or Wallet Import Format (also known as base58check or WIF).

Perhaps you are asking how to represent the decimal value of 1 in WIF?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
According to this, that address belongs to Luke Jr.: https://github.com/bitcoinjs/bip21/blob/master/test/fixtures.json
The Bitcoin address 1BgGZ9tcN4rm9KBzDn7KprQz87SZ26SAMH "belongs" to whoever knows the private key.

The private key is 1

So everyone that knows that the private key is 1, including you, now "owns" that address.

BTW the Bitcoin address 1EHNa6Q4Jz2uvNExL497mE43ikXhwF6kZm also has a private key equal to 1 so now, since you know the private key, you also "own" that address.

What I don't understand exactly is how 1 encodes to a private key. Do I need to follow this in order to get there?
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1137
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
According to this, that address belongs to Luke Jr.: https://github.com/bitcoinjs/bip21/blob/master/test/fixtures.json
The Bitcoin address 1BgGZ9tcN4rm9KBzDn7KprQz87SZ26SAMH "belongs" to whoever knows the private key.

The private key is 1

So everyone that knows that the private key is 1, including you, now "owns" that address.

BTW the Bitcoin address 1EHNa6Q4Jz2uvNExL497mE43ikXhwF6kZm also has a private key equal to 1 so now, since you know the private key, you also "own" that address.
Activity: 382
Merit: 250
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org