Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin puzzle transaction ~32 BTC prize to who solves it - page 43. (Read 215479 times)

Activity: 165
Merit: 26
Who in their right mind would let some piece of software run for months without making 100% sure it provides correct results? This is an absolute joke, stating some known software in the previous posts, how many of them actually do correctness checks of their output? A single point of failure can ruin everything.

That is why test cycles exist, to make sure things work correctly, not blindly. That computations are correct.

All the outputs can be easily verified, simply check if some DP is valid using a known CPU routine. And that can be part of the running program, not part of a test suite.

If some point P is spit out by the GPU to be a DP then the check is really easy: compute base point + distance * G and assert that the point is indeed a valid DP. What more would you want as a guarantee?

All that matters is that there is a steady DP output. And I think people are way too deep into the paradigm of how the problem was handled by JLP + clones and forget the essentials, or think nothing new can be added or improved heavily. The 125-bit limitation is simply there because that is how he chose to output the DPs, stripped to the maximum problem size he wanted to solve. The calculations are of-course in full-bit mode, it can't be otherwise when dealing with the field arithmetic. But there are multiple other slowdowns, not just the 125-bit limit.

What is yours private tool benchmark?

585 million group ops/second using 35 W of power, currently. This is around 50x faster than on a single-core i9, and with way less TDP.

Maybe when I find some time I can publish a compiled CUDA kernel to solve for some smaller ranges, so skeptics can see I'm not BS-ing at all about this, while also preserving by IP.
Activity: 64
Merit: 1
34Sf4DnMt3z6XKKoWmZRw2nGyfGkDgNJZZ
Is there a new kangaroo program that actually works?
The original is limited to 125 bits. Other modded kangaroos are mostly not working.
Is there a kangaroo that works for sure that we can use for puzzle 130 and above?
Did you actually searched for one and nothing came up? You can use nomachine's Rust Kangaroo a few posts back, or write a Python script that does the job according to your requirements (e.g. "that actually works").
Too slow? Well, don't expect to find something that "actually works", is fast, and solves 130, sitting out there for you to snug up and inherit 13 BTC tomorrow.

My best (private) CUDA kangaroo is a few times faster than any JLP-based clone, and even so I still estimate the cost to break #130 around at least $100.000 with 6 months of processing on top-end Nvidia GPU renting, and this only to collect the DPs (e.g. ~2**65 group operations). It's by no means easy to write and optimize something like this, it requires a lot of time investigating resource limits and algorithmic bottlenecks to squeeze out close to 100% CUDA peak performance. If I break 130 I will publish the stuff on GitHub, until then I'm done with giving out clues about how I achieved these performance improvements. The only thing that can beat this would be a FPGA with lots of transistors.

I think you misunderstood the situation very much.  I think that kangaroos that have been forked or modded from JLp's original kangaroo do not work. and I'm really asking about kangaroo running on 125 bit and above.
Think of a program that you have been running for months, but you have actually run it in vain due to code errors. How would you feel in this situation?
For example, the keyhunt bsgs program is a program that definitely works.
For example, Jlp kangaroo original version 125 works, it definitely works.
What I want is a perfectly updated kangaroo with no bugs.

But if you want to know if one program really works, just choose a private key in 130bits range, get the public key and run the program against that.. you will know if it works or not.

No, you are wrong, the 130 bits here are not the puzzle itself. 130 bits here is the scan width.
I'm not talking about Puzzle 130, choosing two spaces, scanning and finding it.
In JPL's original kangaroo program, the scanning width is limited to 125 bits. But it can even find 256 bit wallets.
Activity: 2660
Merit: 651
Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me
About puzzles, the only way I think will work 100%, is that albert0bsd told me. Mine my own block with the transaction there.
I don't see the puzzle as something that can be easily solved just like that because the puzzle was created 10 years ago (if I remember correctly) and even since then no one among the smart people in the Bitcoin space has been able to solve the puzzle.
I can remember when many tech-savvy people on this forum tried to solve it and later gave up.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
The original is limited to 125 bits. Other modded kangaroos are mostly not working.
Is there a kangaroo that works for sure that we can use for puzzle 130 and above?
Did you actually searched for one and nothing came up? You can use nomachine's Rust Kangaroo a few posts back, or write a Python script that does the job according to your requirements (e.g. "that actually works").
Too slow? Well, don't expect to find something that "actually works", is fast, and solves 130, sitting out there for you to snug up and inherit 13 BTC tomorrow.

My best (private) CUDA kangaroo is a few times faster than any JLP-based clone, and even so I still estimate the cost to break #130 around at least $100.000 with 6 months of processing on top-end Nvidia GPU renting, and this only to collect the DPs (e.g. ~2**65 group operations). It's by no means easy to write and optimize something like this, it requires a lot of time investigating resource limits and algorithmic bottlenecks to squeeze out close to 100% CUDA peak performance. If I break 130 I will publish the stuff on GitHub, until then I'm done with giving out clues about how I achieved these performance improvements. The only thing that can beat this would be a FPGA with lots of transistors.

I think you misunderstood the situation very much.  I think that kangaroos that have been forked or modded from JLp's original kangaroo do not work. and I'm really asking about kangaroo running on 125 bit and above.
Think of a program that you have been running for months, but you have actually run it in vain due to code errors. How would you feel in this situation?

But if you want to know if one program really works, just choose a private key in 130bits range, get the public key and run the program against that.. you will know if it works or not.

Activity: 6

I dont want to see a bot came and steal it puzzle 66.
There is should be an ability to disable RBF ability maybe with an update.
I want to move to puzzle 67 but cannot.

What is yours private tool benchmark?
About puzzles, the only way I think will work 100%, is that albert0bsd told me. Mine my own block with the transaction there.

https://github.com/mikorist/Kangaroo-256-bit

he asked for a kangaroo program that actually works

Hahhahaha
Very good.
Activity: 165
Merit: 26

Activity: 630
Merit: 731
Bitcoin g33k

he asked for a kangaroo program that actually works
Activity: 42

This is ridiculous. That some guy works for a company and have only in some BTC puzzle worth $30 million. Imagine yourself if you had BTC in quantities like mud.. Would you even work for a salary? Linkedin profile hahaha?
Activity: 54

Activity: 8
I have also stopped with #66. This is a total war bot.
There is NO such thing as luck....

https://gist.github.com/glozow/797bb412868ce959dcd0a2981322fd2a

I used the data from here and asked chatgtp to make me a script that will fetch current mempool data, calculate the necessary feerates, and determine the best transaction replacement strategy based on the provided example transactions and RBF rules. Adjust the transactions and rules as needed to fit specific Puzzle case.

Code:
import requests

def get_mempool_data():
    try:
        response = requests.get('https://mempool.space/api/v1/fees/recommended')
        response.raise_for_status()  # Raises HTTPError for bad responses (4xx and 5xx)
        return response.json()
    except requests.exceptions.HTTPError as http_err:
        print(f"HTTP error occurred: {http_err}")  # HTTP error
    except requests.exceptions.RequestException as req_err:
        print(f"Request error occurred: {req_err}")  # Other request errors
    except ValueError as json_err:
        print(f"JSON decode error: {json_err}")  # JSON decode error
    return None

def get_feerates(mempool_data):
    next_block_feerate = mempool_data['fastestFee']
    bottom_mempool_feerate = mempool_data['minimumFee']
    return next_block_feerate, bottom_mempool_feerate

def calculate_replacement_strategy(transactions, next_block_feerate, bottom_mempool_feerate):
    def get_mineable_feerate(transaction, ancestors_fee, ancestors_size):
        return (ancestors_fee + transaction['fee']) / (ancestors_size + transaction['size'])

results = []
    for tx_name, tx in transactions.items():
        ancestors_fee = sum(t['fee'] for n, t in transactions.items() if n < tx_name)
        ancestors_size = sum(t['size'] for n, t in transactions.items() if n < tx_name)
        mineable_feerate = get_mineable_feerate(tx, ancestors_fee, ancestors_size)
        results.append((tx_name, mineable_feerate))

results.sort(key=lambda x: x[1], reverse=True)
    return results

# Fetch and calculate
mempool_data = get_mempool_data()
if mempool_data is not None:
    next_block_feerate, bottom_mempool_feerate = get_feerates(mempool_data)

# Example transactions
    transactions = {
        'E': {'fee': 1250000, 'size': 50000},
        'F': {'fee': 5000, 'size': 200},
        'B': {'fee': 16500, 'size': 250},
        'C': {'fee': 67000, 'size': 1000},
    }

replacement_strategy = calculate_replacement_strategy(transactions, next_block_feerate, bottom_mempool_feerate)
    for tx_name, feerate in replacement_strategy:
        print(f"Transaction {tx_name} with mineable feerate: {feerate:.2f} sat/vB")
else:
    print("Failed to fetch mempool data.")

Transaction C with mineable feerate: 66.80 sat/vB
Transaction B with mineable feerate: 66.00 sat/vB
Transaction E with mineable feerate: 26.02 sat/vB
Transaction F with mineable feerate: 26.02 sat/vB

Roll Eyes
Activity: 862
Merit: 662
... almost 6 minutes for the first replace to appear...

That is not correct, it was only two minutes between your TX and the first replacement:

13 sat/vB
First replacement

If you look the imagen carefully

You will see there is two minutes between the 5 sat/vB and the second One of 13 sat/vB

There is one more test that we can do to collect more information, the test at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjxjkDEE43s&t=723s was done using the lowest possible rate as you can see in the video, this took a lot of time , almost 6 minutes for the first replace to appear, perhaps by placing the highest available rate we can have a confirmation in the first 1 minutes, of course you cannot compare 0.004BTC with 6.6BTC, however we can have another result, so we would have to monitor exchange transactions 6.6BTC and see the average confirmation time and fees added to get a better idea of ​​what we can expect.

It's frustrating and hopeless situation.. Miners will take the entire reward for themselves.
The more I watch this YouTube video, the worse it gets.. This is a bot war.
Anything under Puzzle 85 is a waste of electricity.
copper member
Activity: 198
Several people asked me via private message to send them the script I used.

Here is the script.

Apparently you used chatgpt, since I got an almost identical script. There are some minor differences, but the structure is the same.

Here is the script.

Nice script i really like it, i may learn something from you Smiley

Here there is a function that I use for my keyhunt bsgsd server:

Code:
def send_and_receive_line(host, port, message):
    # Create a TCP socket
    sock = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_STREAM)

try:
        # Connect to the server
        sock.connect((host, port))

# Send the message
        start_time = time.time()
        sock.sendall(message.encode())

# Receive the reply
        reply = sock.recv(1024).decode()
        end_time = time.time()

# Calculate the elapsed time
        elapsed_time = end_time - start_time
        sock.close()
        return reply, elapsed_time
    except ConnectionResetError:
        print("Server closed the connection without replying.")
        return None, None
    except ConnectionRefusedError:
        print("Connection refused. Make sure the server is running and the host/port are correct.")
        return None, None
    except AttributeError:
        return None, None

This function only send a message to a IP:port and wait for the reply returning it also the time elapsed (For speed calculation)

I call the previous function with this one that format the publickey with range_A:range_B

Code:
def keyhunt_client(target):
    host = 'localhost'  # Change this to the server's hostname or IP address
    port = 8080       # Change this to the server's port number
    message = "{} {}:{}".format(target["publickey"],target["start"],target["end"])
    reply, elapsed_time = send_and_receive_line(host, port, message)
    if( reply != "404 Not Found"):
        return reply
    else:
        return None

I use some target because i have a list of all puzzles with their respective ranks

With those codes you don't depend of Netcat  or shell commands.

Here's my option.

Code:
    def send_request(self, pub_key, range):
        global key_found
        request_str = f"{pub_key} {range}"
        s = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_STREAM)
        try:
            s.connect((self.server_address, 8181))
            s.sendall(request_str.encode())
            response = s.recv(1024)
            response_str = response.decode().strip()
            if response_str not in ("404 Not Found", "400 Bad Request"):
                print(f"\nThe private key for {pub_key} is: {response_str}")
                with open('Found.txt', 'a') as f:
                    f.write(f"Public key: {pub_key}, Private key: {response_str}\n")
                key_found = True
        except ConnectionRefusedError:
            print(f"Connection refused by {self.server_address}")
            self.connected = False
        finally:
            s.close()

def check_server(self):
        self.connected = check_server(self.server_address)

def check_server(server_address):
    s = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_STREAM)
    s.settimeout(5)
    try:
        s.connect((server_address, 8181))
        return True
    except socket.error:
        return False
    finally:
        s.close()
Activity: 9

Here is the script.

I can also share but without tx

Code:
import requests
import time
import winsound
import os

address = 'ADDRESS'

def get_public_key(address):
    url = f'https://blockchain.info/q/pubkeyaddr/{address}'
    response = requests.get(url)
    if response.status_code == 200:
        public_key = response.text
        print(f'PUBLIC {address}: {public_key}')

f = open('666.txt', 'w')
        f.write(f'20000000000000000\n3ffffffffffffffff\n{public_key}')
        f.close()
        return 1
    else:
        print(f'ERR {address}. CODE: {response.status_code}')
        return 0

while True:
    output = get_public_key(address)
    if output == 1:
        os.system('Kangaroo.exe -t 0 -gpu 666.txt')
        winsound.PlaySound('halflife_alarm.WAV', winsound.SND_FILENAME)
        break
    else:
        time.sleep(30)

Probably mine is not as effective as yours, but it works too
Pages:
Jump to: